• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dream Team 4: Golden State Warriors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
really hope the spurs can take a game. even 1. anything will help.
ie: more minutes for them, more risk of minor/major injuries.
i wonder how iggy is too. if he's hobbled. cavs should try to go straight at him and hope he crumbles again like game 6 of last year.

Iggy's knee is def worth watching. The downgrade from Iggy to Pachulia/Livingston/McCaw/West/Clark/McGee as the Warriors fifth option to close games is massive. And nobody else is capable of guarding James.

Iggy couldn't guard LeBron at all last year anyway. Blame his back or whatever, but Iggy being in or out doesn't really affect the series much imo. Of course Warriors fans would use that excuse if they got the chance. I suppose it makes KD play more, but he should be playing most of the minutes anyway so meh.

Iggy couldn't guard LeBron at all last year anyway. Blame his back or whatever, but Iggy being in or out doesn't really affect the series much imo. Of course Warriors fans would use that excuse if they got the chance. I suppose it makes KD play more, but he should be playing most of the minutes anyway so meh.
his back was clearly a problem the last couple games of last year's finals. He doesnt look like old Iggy this year.

So Durant is gonna play all of Barnes minutes and most of Iguodalas? Thats not possible, as there aren't enough minutes in the game.

Ive seen this argued before, and it must only come from an idea that the the Warriors won't be playing small ball anymore, which I don't get. Why wouldnt they still play that way, only now with Durant instead of Barnes?

So Durant is gonna play all of Barnes minutes and most of Iguodalas? Thats not possible, as there aren't enough minutes in the game.

Ive seen this argued before, and it must only come from an idea that the the Warriors won't be playing small ball anymore, which I don't get. Why wouldnt they still play that way, only now with Durant instead of Barnes?
My point is losing Iguodala would be a poor excuse if they lost. When you gain KD and play teams constantly injured. Their rotation and depth will be a bit messed up, yes. But is that a valid excuse to lose?

My point is losing Iguodala would be a poor excuse if they lost. When you gain KD and play teams constantly injured. Their rotation and depth will be a bit messed up, yes. But is that a valid excuse to lose?

Don't forget Durant is still healing from a sprained ligament, zaza is hobbled with a heel contusion, Kevin Looney is fighting an injured hip, and Kerr can't walk.

The warriors are hobbled by injury!

Don't forget Durant is still healing from a sprained ligament, zaza is hobbled with a heel contusion, Kevin Looney is fighting an injured hip, and Kerr can't walk.

The warriors are hobbled by injury!
Not to mention one of their front office temps broke a nail yesterday morning while trying to clean the espresso machine. Talk about a snake-bit organization!

Not to mention one of their front office temps broke a nail yesterday morning while trying to clean the espresso machine. Talk about a snake-bit organization!

I would laugh and laugh and laugh, if a Warriors starter was actually bitten by a snake.

By a Rattlesnake. In San Antonio.

Popovich has them dropping from the ceiling in the Visitor's locker-room.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh, if a Warriors starter was actually bitten by a snake.

By a Rattlesnake. In San Antonio.

Popovich has them dropping from the ceiling in the Visitor's locker-room.

The Portland Trail Blazers found a surprise when they arrived in the visitors locker room at the AT&T Center before Thursday night's 114-97 loss in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against the San Antonio Spurs.

Reserve forward Thomas Robinson discovered a snake in his locker a couple of hours before tip-off, spotting it when he placed his shoes in the cubby.

"I was scared," said Robinson, who added that he'd only seen snakes on Discovery Channel before. "I ain't gonna lie, I was scared."

Robinson reacted by screaming and leaping "about five feet high and 20 feet back."

Robinson wasn't the only player to admit he was spooked. Added Mo Williams on Twitter:

Reserve guard Will Barton, Robinson's neighbor in the locker room, claims he kept calm while hopping up on his chair. There was all kinds of commotion until "our brave trainers," as Robinson referred to them, corralled the beast.

The Blazers thought that it was a rattlesnake, but a Spurs official said the snake was determined to be non-poisonous before being safely released back into the wild.

Players said the snake's length was 3-to-4 feet, but the Blazers trainer estimated it at 18 inches. The snake was believed to be a baby.

"Big enough," Barton said.

Portland later tweeted a photo of the snake:

View image on Twitter
BnJtu_8IIAA06OU.jpg

Follow
Trail Blazers

✔@trailblazers

Trail Blazers greeted by rattlesnake in San Antonio locker room #RipCity

READ || http://bit.ly/1j82aDC6:56 PM - 8 May 2014

The snake was black and white, the Spurs' colors, as Robinson noted. Rumor has it that Spurs shooting guard Danny Green collects snakes.

"That's the No. 1 suspect right there," Barton said, laughing.

This isn't the first incident with critters at the Spurs' arena, which hosts a huge rodeo each year. There have been several bat sightings during games at the AT&T Center, most infamously when Spurs sixth man Manu Ginobili swatted one out of the air with his bare hand while on the court on Halloween in 2009, when the bat caused play to be stopped and players to scatter.

Ginobili got a thunderous cheer from the crowd when he carried the bat off the court, but it wasn't such a humorous situation when he had to get rabies shots later.

The Blazers managed to emerge from the snake sighting unharmed.

"It's bizarre to have a venomous snake in your locker room," Portland coach Terry Stotts said. "I don't know if it's happened before. That sounds like an ABA story."​

Yea but you said Durant should be playing most of those (Iguodala) minutes anyway. And I don't get that unless you think they're playing big. Iguodala is still gonna be on track to get near 30 mpg.

I don't care about an excuse, no one ever does. But I do think Iguodala being hurt could be a huge, huge boost.

ESPN just aired this "KIDS LOVE STEPH CURRY" feature and it was so bizarrely saccharine sweet.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19410935&ex_cid=espnapi_public
"When my parents were growing up they wanted to be Michael Jordan. I want to be like Steph Curry"
I'm a bit confused by this because having grown up in the Cleveland area? This isn't remotely true. I see kids in "Love", "Irving", and "James" jersey's. I see adults in "Price", "Daughtery", "Z" jersey's in additiion to what I just typed.
I don't understand the point of this piece as well. Do they want Curry to be Michael Jordan or something? cuz uh...the last "michael jordan" type player has existed and his name was Kobe Bryant.

Actually it is not that unlikely Game one looks simillar only that Lebron does not tend to get injured.. We will have our best Player at that point.. will be very interesting to see how GSW responds then.

We saw in Game 1 while Kahwi played that GSW looks suprisingly helpless against a Team that is as good as them on both ends of the floor and that actually plays serious and diciplined.
GSW still tends to get too cool.. and they get too loose.. they still win and mostly even win big on their sheer Talent. This is not working though if the other Team is about as talented as them AND is working harder and more diciplined.

Last edited:
I almost guarantee you Kerr is back the second we meet them in the Finals.
Man, Kerr is probably devoting all his time to stopping our offense. Why waste your time coaching against hobbled teams. I'm sure his back hurts. But I'm also sure he's non stop game planning for this historic offense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."