• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Series #14: Cleveland Indians @ Houston Astros - May 19th, 20th & 21st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Series outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Out of all the qualified starting pitchers last year, only one allowed a BABIP over .350 (Robbie Ray, .352), and only one allowed a HR/FB ratio over 20% (Jaime Garcia, 20.2%).

It would be an upset of massive proportions if Bauer and Salazar each exceeded both of those numbers at the same time.

Especially when considering their career numbers, like you mentioned, there are definitely much better days ahead for both pitchers. Even Tomlin, who isn't pitching in this series, I mentioned in the last series thread about his increased GB% being a positive sign of better things to come for him, and we all know I have not been a Tomlin apologist.

I just want to use Tomlin as an example, for what a simple flux in BABIP can do to a pitchers ERA success.

Last years 1st half: 3.51 ERA, 6.1 K/9, 1 BB/9, 1.89 HR/9, .259 BABIP

Last years 2nd half: 5.59 ERA, 6.1 K/9, 1.1 BB/9, 1.82 HR/9, .297 BABIP

Only thing that changed for him from 1st half, when he was "great", to the 2nd half when he was pulled out of the rotation, was a 38 point uptick in BABIP, and his ERA rose a full 2 points...and I'd expect Danny and Bauer's to drop at least 38 points moving forward.

BABIP, along with other peripherals, has always been the best telltale sign for what should be coming a pitchers way in the near future.

No, its not the end all be all, or a guarantee, but it should end up being right in predicting more success for them moving forward.

Cleveland steamer coming our way this series. Have any of you watched this Astros team this year? They flat out destroyed Derek Jeter night.

Well, if he ran ours, Tomlin would be our ace matching up against the Sale's, Quintana's, and Verlander's of the world while we rarely win any of those games, Santana would have been traded for the headless dummy batter from Major League 3 years ago, and Bauer would have been traded for a softball Iron Mike in the winter.

Yikes...

Cleveland steamer coming our way this series. Have any of you watched this Astros team this year? They flat out destroyed Derek Jeter night.

I've watched as many Astros games as I can the last 4 or 5 years...for obvious reasons stemming from my Indians homerism...:chuckle:

I've watched as many Astros games as I can the last 4 or 5 years...for obvious reasons stemming from my Indians homerism...:chuckle:

Same here. I have had Correa and Springer in a dynasty/keeper league since they were in AA.

Well, if he ran ours, Tomlin would be our ace matching up against the Sale's, Quintana's, and Verlander's of the world while we rarely win any of those games, Santana would have been traded for the headless dummy batter from Major League 3 years ago, and Bauer would have been traded for a softball Iron Mike in the winter.

Yikes...

I would hope you realize that I'm never serious when I refer to Tomlin as an ace. I just like the kid's moxie. And his hair. And his dance moves, as he is the real JT. But, I do believe he can be a solid back-end of the rotation starter. He's had a few high quality starts so far. Bauer has had less.

Santana may have been traded - but I can guarantee you I wouldn't let him leave in FA for nothing.

As for Bauer, you're close.

I would hope you realize that I'm never serious when I refer to Tomlin as an ace. I just like the kid's moxie. And his hair. And his dance moves, as he is the real JT. But, I do believe he can be a solid back-end of the rotation starter. He's had a few high quality starts so far. Bauer has had less.

Santana may have been traded - but I can guarantee you I wouldn't let him leave in FA for nothing.

As for Bauer, you're close.

Of course...

Just like I hope you realize that post you just responded to wasn't serious...well, almost all of it...

Astros sweep, unfortunately.

Seem to remember the Indians taking 2 of 3 about 3 weeks ago against the top of their rotation

Hard to pitch comfortably with no run support. I'm pretty sure Bauer blames the hitters in his mind.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."