• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
17/17/5 with a steal and 2 blocks has only been done 14 times in the playoffs in the last 33 years. Duncan did it 6 times, KG 3 times, and many players once including James in that game against Indiana.

I'm getting 26 times.

Either way, add a 3ptM and it's only been done 6 times:

Pippen
KG
Pierce
KG
Dirk
Love

Only Dirk & Pippen did it with more than 1 3ptM and Love is the only one to do it with 3+ 3ptM

It's also:

*The first 17/17/5 playoff game since LeBron in the 2015 Finals

*The first 17/17/5 with 2 blocks playoff game since LeBron in 2012

*The 5th 17/17/5 playoff game in Cavalier history (LeBron x3, Brad Daugherty)

*The 2nd 17/17/5/1/2 playoff game in Cav history (Brad Daugherty)

Updated Love series stats through Game 4

25/13/3 on 51/56/86

He also was the second-best defender by DRTG coming into Game 4 of rotation players in the series (Deron Williams was #1).

Realistically, you can't play any better than Love is playing right now. He is totally dominating and silencing all doubters.
He has to have a block a game as well? He's been so active it's stupid. The only time he seems too struggle is when he and Kyle are put in the pnr.

I'm getting 26 times.

Either way, add a 3ptM and it's only been done 6 times:

Pippen
KG
Pierce
KG
Dirk
Love

Only Dirk & Pippen did it with more than 1 3ptM and Love is the only one to do it with 3+ 3ptM

It's also:

*The first 17/17/5 playoff game since LeBron in the 2015 Finals

*The first 17/17/5 with 2 blocks playoff game since LeBron in 2012

*The 5th 17/17/5 playoff game in Cavalier history (LeBron x3, Brad Daugherty)

*The 2nd 17/17/5/1/2 playoff game in Cav history (Brad Daugherty)

Prior to LeBron, all we had to hang our hat on was the '91-92 team. We are living in an unparalleled time. Makes up for the Stepien era and the heartbreaks against the Bulls ;)

I love Love.

Remember when fans were debating whether or not we should trade for Love vs. developing Wiggins?

Last edited:
He has to have a block a game as well? He's been so active it's stupid. The only time he seems too struggle is when he and Kyle are put in the pnr.

Yep. 6 in 4 games.

*Edited because I need to learn how to read better*

I love this version of Kevin. Way better than Minnesota Fat(s) Love.

With the way he's playing we really have to focus on his found generation against the small ball warrior lineup. It could swing momentum in the away games and force Warriors to play green at the 4 not 5

Really is a shame LeBron had to miss that dunk, that was probably his greatest outlet pass ever in terms of degree of difficulty and a simple dunk would have put that pass on Love's career highlight reel for years to come.

Anyhow as a Love supporter it's nice to see him finally get credit for things he does besides the scoring.

Does anyone know what happened in that weird sequence late in the 4th when Kyrie is dribbling around and the Cavs and was doubled and had to take a TO because Love was literally walking to the bench out of bounds? I thought he had gotten hurt but after the TO he was still in the game and looked fine. I have no explanation as to what happened.

Does anyone know what happened in that weird sequence late in the 4th when Kyrie is dribbling around and the Cavs and was doubled and had to take a TO because Love was literally walking to the bench out of bounds? I thought he had gotten hurt but after the TO he was still in the game and looked fine. I have no explanation as to what happened.
He jumped to contest a shot and came down and immediately grabbed his foot.

This was the best rebounding game I've ever seen from him. Not just the number of rebounds, it was that he was going up in traffic and just beasting really tough rebounds in the clutch periods of the 4th quarter. I never quite trusted him on that. Plus defending his ass off. Just his all-around floor game was so impressive.

It shows what a serious weapon he can be against small ball lineups.

1:30ish left in the 4th. It's really hard to see because it's on the opposite side of the floor and LeBron was in the way, but I'm pretty sure he rolled his ankle. He immediately grabs it and hops around. It didn't look really bad, but again, can't really see it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."