• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Key Free Agents

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Toughness and he can guard the rim. He and Kevin Love should be able to get all the rebounds. Send TT back to bench role or have Zbo come off the bench. He is a very good defender and GS cannot guard him.

Z bo has never been able to defend around the rim. He gave up 67% shooting from within 6 feet last year.

TT by comparison gave up 52%

Some of you guys are hitting the nail on the head, say Love gets dealt for George, because I'm expecting a catastrophic move, it's going to be an earthquake that hits the Cavs, and it has to be the one player that they think can change the playing ground. With LeBron news being out there and I'm sure Gilbert is aware of Woj dropping it too, he's going to do whatever it takes, of course with LeBron's consent.

LeBron also takes great pleasure with guys reaching new heights. Keep that into perspective.

Zach Randolph is my no doubt about it 1st recruit. Griffin needs to give him the keys right away. Let him know how much we need a low post presence. Tell him he's the best option off the bench vs GS. One thing about Zbo is he gets buckets.

Look, we know the story on George, we know the possibilities on Melo, but Zbo is a game changer off that bench I'll tell you that right now. Give me a big that can get 8 points and 6 rebounds in spurts of action and maybe even a double double considering he's still a threat.

Offer him the David West contract and tell him come be better, bring your lunchbox and come eat, come get this ring that you've been playing years for and grinding out games for. Come here to dominate. Come be the solution to our problem.

Welcome to Cleveland ZBo.

When is the likeliest we will know about Melo and DWade being bought out ? Will it be before season starts or mid way through season ?

When is the likeliest we will know about Melo and DWade being bought out ? Will it be before season starts or mid way through season ?

I think Melo has the best chance of being bought out before the season. Wade is more of a mid season buy out candidate. Wade will sell tickets and until one of their young guy emerges, Wade will be the selling point to come to Bulls games.

Neither is a sure bet to join the Cavs. Wade could look to set up his next contract like Joe Johnson did. Melo has said he wants to stay close to his family, is Cleveland close enough to NYC. What if his wife gets a job offer in L.A. and he decides to join the clippers.

I think the Cavs have to be aggressive with going to get Melo. Trade always Frye, Shump, and RJ to the Knicks for Melo. If they can move any of those guys off to other teams who missed out on free agents and get assets back, the front office should do it. I think the Knicks would take anyone on one year contracts to possibly move later than to just buy out Melo. If they buy him out they also take the cap hit for his player option next year.

I think Melo has the best chance of being bought out before the season. Wade is more of a mid season buy out candidate. Wade will sell tickets and until one of their young guy emerges, Wade will be the selling point to come to Bulls games.

Neither is a sure bet to join the Cavs. Wade could look to set up his next contract like Joe Johnson did. Melo has said he wants to stay close to his family, is Cleveland close enough to NYC. What if his wife gets a job offer in L.A. and he decides to join the clippers.

I think the Cavs have to be aggressive with going to get Melo. Trade always Frye, Shump, and RJ to the Knicks for Melo. If they can move any of those guys off to other teams who missed out on free agents and get assets back, the front office should do it. I think the Knicks would take anyone on one year contracts to possibly move later than to just buy out Melo. If they buy him out they also take the cap hit for his player option next year.

I don't think we need to worry about his wife getting a job offer in LA since they're getting a divorce because he cheated on her and knocked the other girl up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the better case scenarios I can see for Cavs in free agency is Rudy Gay's market depressing to the point that their $5M exception starts looking good to him.

One of the better case scenarios I can see for Cavs in free agency is Rudy Gay's market depressing to the point that their $5M exception starts looking good to him.
As many have stated we won't actually have 5 million. If you want to keep either Williams and bring Usman that eats up mid level. All we have is vet minimum. Gay won't happen.

As many have stated we won't actually have 5 million. If you want to keep either Williams and bring Usman that eats up mid level. All we have is vet minimum. Gay won't happen.

Williams can kick rocks if Rudy gay is willing to sign for 5M.

Yep.

I would definitely try him on a minimum deal. If I am not wrong, he is repped by Klutch, right?

View: https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/880158018133835777

I think the Cavs wanted him at some point. Definitely someone I'd throw a minimum contract at. He is young and needs a change of scenery.

There are several young guys who have not proven much at this point who might be worth a look, just for improved youth and athleticism. And then you hope they improve learning under the finals tested vets on this team.

Ben Mclemore
Shabazz Muhammad
Thomas Robinson
Michael Carter-Williams
Michael Beasley
Jeff Withey
Willie Reed

There are several young guys who have not proven much at this point who might be worth a look, just for improved youth and athleticism. And then you hope they improve learning under the finals tested vets on this team.

Ben Mclemore
Shabazz Muhammad
Thomas Robinson
Michael Carter-Williams
Michael Beasley
Jeff Withey
Willie Reed

I'd add Terrence Jones to that list too. James Young is someone I take a shot at maybe with a non-guaranteed or a two way d-league/NBA contract.

Thomas Robinson is interesting to me because he had a good year with the Lakers but I doubt they resign him with the Big man depth they have. He could be our 4th big man as a insurance policy for TT with the potential to be a TT replacement that can shot and dribble.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."