• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Carmelo Anthony

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you like Melo on this team if you didn't have to trade Love?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who we have to trade (really?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kyrie and Love would figure it out enough to be a playoff team.

Also have to remember that if LeBron leaves, we'd have a lot of cash to spend elsewhere.

Maybe use some of that on an Avery Bradley type guy and I think you're right in the middle of the East (4-5 seed) assuming the mass talent exodus to the West continues.

We are still over the cap if he leaves, just no longer a a repeat tax payer.

This gives us the full MLE, which doesnt net us a whole heck of allot to replace a Lebron.

If we lose Lebron, and at the very least we lose him eventually to father time, we are not a great team.

We are still over the cap if he leaves, just no longer a a repeat tax payer.

This gives us the full MLE, which doesnt net us a whole heck of allot to replace a Lebron.

If we lose Lebron, and at the very least we lose him eventually to father time, we are not a great team.

We could salary dump much of the team and get under the cap; FWIW.

We could salary dump much of the team and get under the cap; FWIW.

It is depressing if we lose Lebron. He is elite of the elite, he makes the engine go.

But yes, we could salary dump some to get another max player hitting free agency. Not sure who next summer, but we could do it.

Then over the next 2 years we build up again and make a run with a in prime Kyrie. By then GS will be very, very expensive and will no longer be the hurdle, but OKC might be something special if PG decides to stay long term with some of the young pieces they have.

It is depressing if we lose Lebron. He is elite of the elite, he makes the engine go.

But yes, we could salary dump some to get another max player hitting free agency. Not sure who next summer, but we could do it.

Then over the next 2 years we build up again and make a run with a in prime Kyrie. By then GS will be very, very expensive and will no longer be the hurdle, but OKC might be something special if PG decides to stay long term with some of the young pieces they have.

I think the Cavs could make a max offer to Jimmy Butler.. Depending upon how things go, he might decide to play with his best bud in Cleveland. But that would depend on a souring of the relationship with Thibbs AND the Wolves unexpectedly imploding, which.. just to reiterate.. I don't expect.

Kyrie and Love would figure it out enough to be a playoff team.

Also have to remember that if LeBron leaves, we'd have a lot of cash to spend elsewhere.

Maybe use some of that on an Avery Bradley type guy and I think you're right in the middle of the East (4-5 seed) assuming the mass talent exodus to the West continues.

I think if LeBron were to leave they would ask to be traded as well...

I think if LeBron were to leave they would ask to be traded as well...

FWIW, I don't think Kyrie will ever ask or want to be traded considering he's got 3 seasons to get the DPE and over the next 2 he'll likely make it. If he's traded, he loses an incredible amount of money.

I mean, he might consider playing for another team casually, but, I think if he spoke with his agent and family they'd quickly inform him as to why he should seek the DPE instead.

FWIW, I don't think Kyrie will ever ask or want to be traded considering he's got 3 seasons to get the DPE and over the next 2 he'll likely make it. If he's traded, he loses an incredible amount of money.

I mean, he might consider playing for another team casually, but, I think if he spoke with his agent and family they'd quickly inform him as to why he should seek the DPE instead.
Indeed. Also this is all predicated on what I believe to be an extremely unrealistic scenario of LeBron leaving.

Butler did NOT want to be traded

Yea, and who knows if George would have wanted to had he qualified for the DPE.

Cousins also didn't want to be traded once the DPE came into play. He was openly talking about signing a new deal in Sacramento.

Now, with no LeBron do you actually WANT to make Kyrie a DPE? That's a different discussion.

I actually like that the player would lose money if traded during the process. Do they also lose it if traded after a DPE is signed? I don't know how you could do it, but that would be a great situation for preventing players who sign the DPE and then demand to be traded.

I actually like that the player would lose money if traded during the process. Do they also lose it if traded after a DPE is signed? I don't know how you could do it, but that would be a great situation for preventing players who sign the DPE and then demand to be traded.

No they keep their contract.

With Carmelo going to the Thunder at least we don't have to worry about him coming here.

With Carmelo going to the Thunder at least we don't have to worry about him coming here.

Talk about slinging poop at a wall. Thunder trying anything to seem relevant. Sign of still a bad organization. Westbrook and Melo play complete opposite games, and yet both demand the ball. Gonna be ugly IMO.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."