• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Trade Deadline

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Annual bullpen trade for the Nationals.

Is there any chance Santana gets moved by the deadline considering he could walk this offseason?

One under the radar pitcher that I could see the Indians taking a run at is Dan Straily on Miami. Having a great year with a 3.32 ERA (3.06 since start of May). Team control through 2020.

Marlins have an awful farm system and just acquired Straily in January from Cincinnati

Is there any chance Santana gets moved by the deadline considering he could walk this offseason?

Honestly he wouldn't get moved unless it actually upgraded the team. Just in theory, but a team maybe like Cincinnati wanting to get rid of Votto's big contract would trade for a player like Santana plus a prospect or two to free up space. Outside of some out of the blue deal like that, Santana isn't going anywhere. (Though Votto and EE back to back, would make a fairly fun lineup for us not going to lie, but I don't think Votto wants to leave Cincinatti nor do we want to take on a guy signed til he is 40.) Santana likely isn't going anywhere since we truly do not have someone this season to replace his bat. It would be different if a guy like Bradley was MLB ready, but he is not.

One under the radar pitcher that I could see the Indians taking a run at is Dan Straily on Miami. Having a great year with a 3.32 ERA (3.06 since start of May). Team control through 2020.

Marlins have an awful farm system and just acquired Straily in January from Cincinnati

We are going to look at all options of upgrading, but likely make a move for a starter since we really need to be able to have that guy who is a number 2/3 in our rotation who is consistent. Now we have like over a week, so we shall see where the rumors lead.

OMG Tribe is in on VOTTO!?

Crazy!

OMG Tribe is in on VOTTO!?

Crazy!

Actually I didn't say there were in on Votto if you read what I wrote, but it was answering the question on if we move Santana. Though on the games for the console, I would so do that deal, but in real life it will never happen.

We are in on Gray and other starting pitchers. So far though the rumors are saying Happ isn't going anywhere, so that could be a thorn in our side when it comes to trading for more of a lesser term deal type of starting pitcher.

Once the Tribe gets in on Votto, they can finally stop underachieving.

I think b00bie's answer of "no" summed up the the likelihood of Santana being moved. No team is going to give us an upgrade at 1B in exchange for 70 games of Santana.

*Braces for the Santana hate crew to say anyone at 1B is an upgrade to Santana*

I think b00bie's answer of "no" summed up the the likelihood of Santana being moved. No team is going to give us an upgrade at 1B in exchange for 70 games of Santana.

*Braces for the Santana hate crew to say anyone at 1B is an upgrade to Santana*

A rebuilding team with a bad contract would send us that bad contract for Santana and prospects. It would allow them to get the contract off their hands. That being said, Cleveland isn't looking to take on a contract the size of Vottos anytime soon even if it does upgrade us this season, it will completely and utterly hinder us long term and that is something the FO isn't willing to do. (He is due 25 million for the next what 5-6 seasons and a buyout the season after that). We are still paying on Chris Johnson's contract this season who we acquired for Swisher and Bourn a few seasons ago. A trade like that is not impossible, just extremely unlikely to happen since we are a small market team.

Where will Joey Votto hit in the order?

A rebuilding team with a bad contract would send us that bad contract for Santana and prospects. It would allow them to get the contract off their hands. That being said, Cleveland isn't looking to take on a contract the size of Vottos anytime soon even if it does upgrade us this season, it will completely and utterly hinder us long term and that is something the FO isn't willing to do. (He is due 25 million for the next what 5-6 seasons and a buyout the season after that). We are still paying on Chris Johnson's contract this season who we acquired for Swisher and Bourn a few seasons ago. A trade like that is not impossible, just extremely unlikely to happen since we are a small market team.

Why would the Reds or any rebuilding team in this hypothetical be interested in Santana being included in the deal?

A hypothetical trade like this is so unlikely that you might as well chalk it up as impossible.

Let's move on.

Why would the Reds or any rebuilding team in this hypothetical be interested in Santana being included in the deal?

A hypothetical trade like this is so unlikely that you might as well chalk it up as impossible.

Let's move on.

Dont worry about that lol

Nothing else to talk about haha

:chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."