• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He lowballed Billups and didn't have a backup plan. That wasn't smart. I do agree Gilbert is doing more for LeBron than I think ANY other owner would ever do. I cant name another owner whose gonna cave in on LeBrons every demand like Gilbert has. That's a huge reason why I think this LeBron leaving talk is useless.

I tend to agree with your last statement as well. No team that won 73 games should be able to sign KD. That was a historically game changing move, and I don't think ANY team will have the ability to match their firepower.

Maybe he didn't have a backup plan. But I'm not sure you can lowball a guy who has zero front office experience. Billups is a smart guy but not many bosses will offer massive money without experience.

I mean Kobe is smart and knows the game but does that make him a good team president? I don't think so.

Where to exactly?

I mean even if he joined LA with Paul George is he really any closer to winning?

He's never won with a new team. Lost in Miami his first year. Lost here his first year back. Point is it is pretty hard to basically build a brand new team and win. The Warriors added Durant to a core that was the same.

So of course he could leave but I'm not sure there is an obvious option out there.
Took some strange things happen for him to lose those years though. An all time choke job from him and a year of bad luck to star players in another one.

I'd never bet against LeBron. When it comes to the Warriors I wouldn't be on him....but I'd never bet against him.

He's not going anywhere though imo.

If ANYTHING. He'll never sign more than a year again. He signed for 2 years and all of sudden Dan decided to show more power this off season. He'll be on 1 year deals from here on out.

Blame can be shared.

Cavs should have a front office in place.

LeBron should be aware that big contracts given out to guys like JR and TT don't exactly help the matter. Dan is spending absurd amounts on salary and tax despite that.

Finally Kevin Durant's decision is so unprecedented and ridiculous I'm not sure how much blame can even be put on the Cavs or anyone.

Find me a team in NBA history with the best player in the world and two other all stars that realistically feels it has zero chance to win a championship as things stand.

That is absurd when you really consider it.
The Durant move really did wreck the league.

Im sorry but this is just funny to me

Also and I love the man but his mindset of always needing help is a little much to come to terms with as a fan. At what point does he think that maybe his current team just played like pure lazy shit and if they tightened up the defense theyd have a chance? Like has that not even crossed his mind?

Also theres no way Love likes LeBron. There just cant be a possible way. Im 100% sure LeBron knew any deal for Butler or George would involve Love
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable for a guy that just lost 4-1 while averaging a 33 point triple double to want some more help.

Where to exactly?

I mean even if he joined LA with Paul George is he really any closer to winning?

He's never won with a new team. Lost in Miami his first year. Lost here his first year back. Point is it is pretty hard to basically build a brand new team and win. The Warriors added Durant to a core that was the same.

So of course he could leave but I'm not sure there is an obvious option out there.

Realistically Spurs while taking a giant paycut imo is his only chance to win against the Warriors, any other team with him taking the max and them gutting their roster to sign him he has no chance.

We just have to pray the lucky ass Warriors get the injury bug in the playoffs, all it takes is one of their big 4 going down and the other top 4 teams have a shot, if that happens and we win he'll stay for sure, can't see him leaving after winning 2/4 against that superteam.

Well lebron. Maybe if you didn't push for TT and JR to get massive deals then the team would have some flexible to help you out.

The more this offseason goes on... the more I agree with this. I love LeBron for taking this franchise to unbelievable heights and ending the title drought, but a lot of this current situation falls on him as much as Gilbert, Griffin, or any other scapegoats that get mentioned.

As much as we all hate Durant and call him a beta/coward/snake... he took a paycut to allow his team to retain and add core role players.

Everybody loves to bag on Gilbert, but LeBron has held this team hostage in some ways too.

The more this offseason goes on... the more I agree with this. I love LeBron for taking this franchise to unbelievable heights and ending the title drought, but a lot of this current situation falls on him as much as Gilbert, Griffin, or any other scapegoats that get mentioned.

As much as we all hate Durant and call him a beta/coward/snake... he took a paycut to allow his team to retain and add core role players.

Everybody loves to bag on Gilbert, but LeBron has held this team hostage in some ways too.

I just can't get behind this. And it's not disagreeing with you, but this idea that LeBron James, or any other player should take anything less than the most an owner is willing to pay them. It doesn't make sense to me. The market decides what these guys are worth, and the Cavs gave fair market deals to all of them.

Doesn't mean the players lived up to the deals (I'd argue all but Shump have).

The FO people get paid too (apparently not much if you work for Gilbert), and it's their job to make sure the roster remains flexible. Not the players job to take less money and keep the roster flexible.

But once again, this may just be a difference in principle than anything else.

I just can't get behind this. And it's not disagreeing with you, but this idea that LeBron James, or any other player should take anything less than the most an owner is willing to pay them. It doesn't make sense to me. The market decides what these guys are worth, and the Cavs gave fair market deals to all of them.

Doesn't mean the players lived up to the deals (I'd argue all but Shump have).

The FO people get paid too (apparently not much if you work for Gilbert), and it's their job to make sure the roster remains flexible. Not the players job to take less money and keep the roster flexible.

But once again, this may just be a difference in principle than anything else.

Eh, no one was giving Tristan or JR what we gave them at the time. And that's not saying whether they deserved those contracts or not.

My thing is LeBron can't have his cake and eat it too. Can't expect to be the highest paid player in the NBA, make sure all his buddies (Klutch clients) get paid, hold the organization hostage with one year deals, and expect them to get better. Why can't he just say he's committed to being here like Harden did this weekend?

There's nothing the FO could do about Durant going to GS, and there's nothing the FO can do about GarPax and Pacers GM (Pritchard or whatever the fuck his name is) being petty and not wanting to trade Butler or PG to the Cavs. The situation is what it is. Plenty of blame to go around. LeBron is just being a diva.

Eh, no one was giving Tristan or JR what we gave them at the time. And that's not saying whether they deserved those contracts or not.

My thing is LeBron can't have his cake and eat it too. Can't expect to be the highest paid player in the NBA, make sure all his buddies (Klutch clients) get paid, hold the organization hostage with one year deals, and expect them to get better. Why can't he just say he's committed to being here like Harden did this weekend?

There's nothing the FO could do about Durant going to GS, and there's nothing the FO can do about GarPax and Pacers GM (Pritchard or whatever the fuck his name is) being petty and not wanting to trade Butler or PG to the Cavs. The situation is what it is. Plenty of blame to go around. LeBron is just being a diva.

because harden is a ringless player who plays for the love of money and regular season wins

The king plays for rings

I think this has to be said more. We were negotiating against OURSELVES on those 2 deals. Yeah 76ers offered I think 16 million per but only for like 2 years. In both cases Cavs gave out MORE than market worth to appease LeBron who cried the whole offseason for us to sign them. LeBron is my favorite player because I love what he does ON the court.

Im not gonna lie tho his personality tends to annoy me.

But his work with charity and helping Ohio kids cannot be forgotten. I love the man for that.

I do think LeBron is leaving. I've seen this movie before, and I'm not gonna be caught off guard by the ending this time. Do I think there's a chance he stays? Of course. But the signs are pointing to an exit. Which is fine. He won Cleveland a Championship. I refuse to be angry with the man as he departs this time.

And I'm sorry, but I think it's BS to blame LeBron for where this team is at now. (Which is still a really, really good team) But, when you have a transcendent talent like #23, you make sure that your franchise is in the right position to continue getting better, to continue challenging for a title.

Every single thing Dan Gilbert has done this summer is the opposite of what one would do to keep a player like LeBron James. Feel like that's pretty obvious.
I mean Gilbert is already forking over a massive check to foot this current team, including the players Lbj wanted back.

If LeBron hates our direction the Rockets are for sale.

LeBron was on top of the world in the summer of 2016.

Cleveland or Nowhere or you mine as well kill yourself.

Fast forward a year and he's frustrated, he could join LA, yada yada yada.

Fast forward a year and he's frustrated, be could join LA, yada yada yada.

Winning solves a lot of problems.

But yeah the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Fast forward a year and he's frustrated, be could join LA, yada yada yada.
Can't wait for the shock of the media when he resigns, sauces will be exposed.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."