• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2017

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SixPACK

All-Star
Reaction score
Might as well make a new thread for this years season.

Starting hot right out of the gate:

Ezekiel Elliott in incident at Dallas bar, per source

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was involved in a late-night incident at a Dallas bar Sunday, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A Dallas Police spokesperson said no arrests have been reported in connection with the incident. 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas first reported Elliott's involvement.

Elliott is already under NFL investigation stemming from a 2016 domestic violence accusation against him. The running back has been preparing a response to the league to be submitted in the next week, sources told Schefter.

Multiple sources told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the NFL has denied that any decision on discipline has been made and said it could not be made until its investigation is complete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anything actually did happen, may make the leagues decision on suspending him a bit easier. Could make anyone with a top 3 pick have an easier decision on Bell/Johnson.

David Johnson, top pick.

Take him when you can, and settle on two loses. Championships aren't won in September.

Sleeper Pick: Todd Gurley.

David Johnson, top pick.

I got the top pick in my friends fantasy league. Non-ppr.

I eliminated Bell just b/c of threat of injury. I settled on Johnson, but damn it's hard to pass on Zeke.

OL purposes: Steelers way over > Dallas decently over > Cardinals

Going to debate about this for the next 6 weeks.

Sleeper Pick: Todd Gurley.

Probably won't matter in re-draft, but Goff is another Rams guy I'd target in dynasty leagues. Historically, QBs picked first or second overall have damn near a 100% chance of having a top 24 fantasy season, and the odds that a QB picked at one of those spots having a top six fantasy season in their first five years are around 50%. New coach who isn't inept offensively coupled with history and I think Goff will turn it around. He's basically got a coin flip's shot of being a top ten fantasy QB at some point in the next four years, and is almost guaranteed to put up a top 24 season at least (making him a fantasy back-up). He's also basically free. He was on waivers in my dynasty league, and in any other league where he's rostered you can probably get him for next to nothing.

But I agree on Gurley. New coach, better offensive scheme...he's definitely a bounce-back candidate this year.

It's Bell EVERY. TIME.

But the way I see it there are three #1 overall picks this year. Can't lose if you're in the top 3.

Guys I'm targeting this year:

Christian McCaffery (PPR) - Probably about the 3rd/4th round. Much higher than most on him.

Gurley
Hopkins

(Both coming off obvious down years)

Njoku/OJ Howard
-- I'm not taking a TE until LATE LATE LATE - Njoku seems to be the guy I'll go with, too many good options this year.

Fournette
- If I have late first/early second

Demaryius Thomas/Emmanuel Sanders
- Even slight improvement from Denver QB situation should give both MASSIVE improvement, and both were good last year.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of McCaffery in re-draft formats. The team kept Stewart for a reason. They like him and they're going to continue feeding him the ball. Also, Newton has never played in an offense that utilized a player like McCaffery. He typically runs the ball himself rather than dumping it off to a satellite back. That's not to say he can't learn, but I think people are going to be disappointed in McCaffery's production this year given where he's going to be drafted.

In dynasty, though, he's obviously a top five rookie pick. I'd probably take him after Davis (my number one rookie in PPR formats), Fournette, and Mixon, but before Cook, who I think is overrated.

Also, rookie tight ends are a waste in re-draft. You're only starting one TE a week, and rookies historically do not produce at that position in a top ten or top twelve capacity. Howard and Njoku are both guys I like a lot in fantasy, just not this year.

Sounds like there aren't really any new updates. Basically they're saying what we've known all along...if his back doesn't heal up with epidurals, he'll need surgery. I have him in my dynasty league (got both him and Davis) and I'm not terribly concerned. Supposedly he's back to running now, so the second epidural must have done some good. And if he does miss the season, I get to put him on IR and have an open roster spot for another prospect.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of McCaffery in re-draft formats. The team kept Stewart for a reason. They like him and they're going to continue feeding him the ball. Also, Newton has never played in an offense that utilized a player like McCaffery. He typically runs the ball himself rather than dumping it off to a satellite back. That's not to say he can't learn, but I think people are going to be disappointed in McCaffery's production this year given where he's going to be drafted.

In dynasty, though, he's obviously a top five rookie pick. I'd probably take him after Davis (my number one rookie in PPR formats), Fournette, and Mixon, but before Cook, who I think is overrated.

Also, rookie tight ends are a waste in re-draft. You're only starting one TE a week, and rookies historically do not produce at that position in a top ten or top twelve capacity. Howard and Njoku are both guys I like a lot in fantasy, just not this year.

Sounds like there aren't really any new updates. Basically they're saying what we've known all along...if his back doesn't heal up with epidurals, he'll need surgery. I have him in my dynasty league (got both him and Davis) and I'm not terribly concerned. Supposedly he's back to running now, so the second epidural must have done some good. And if he does miss the season, I get to put him on IR and have an open roster spot for another prospect.

I'm not one to EVER invest in the QB or TE position early.

The potential impact from this year rookies is far greater than any past draft class just due to the physical specimens being produced. I think Njoku will have a ton of volume this year as well. If you don't have Gronk it's a crap shoot at the position.

I'll get 4 backs and 4 WR before I even think about any other position.

If you don't have Gronk it's a crap shoot at the position.

Don't forget about Kelce. I can see him going no later than 3rd. KC lost their top WR, is down to basically only Tyreek Hill who will see more targets, but needs to prove he can do better than last year.

Kelce is basically a low-end WR1.

Don't forget about Kelce. I can see him going no later than 3rd. KC lost their top WR, is down to basically only Tyreek Hill who will see more targets, but needs to prove he can do better than last year.

Kelce is basically a low-end WR1.

Kelce has also been more consistently healthy. It's hard to trust Gronk to stay that way, especially when you consider his ADP.

Two days ago I traded Kenneth Dixon in a package for Sammy Watkins in my dynasty league. It cleared a couple of hours ago. News just broke that Dixon is out the year after having knee surgery. LOL. Got fucking lucky there.

So 12-team PPR league. 2 keepers. Our draft isn't for a few weeks but we get the keepers in earlier so people can plan.

I kept:

DeMarco Murray - 4th
Melvin Gordon - 5th

Solid rounds for these 2 pass catching RB's.

I am drafting in the 10th spot (we go winner of consolation bracket gets to pick ANY spot to draft. Then we go reverse order. That guy chose to draft 12th. So I ended up finishing 2nd last year.) With draft picks traded last year, I have these picks:

1st, 3rd, 4th (through trade), 6th, two 8th's, two back-to-back 9th's, 11-16.

You think I gotta go hard on WR early. Of course, all the keepers aren't in yet. So I don't know who is available. With my keepers/draft picks owned, I am going to have to have a solid late-round draft strategy to do good.

So 12-team PPR league. 2 keepers. Our draft isn't for a few weeks but we get the keepers in earlier so people can plan.

I kept:

DeMarco Murray - 4th
Melvin Gordon - 5th

Solid rounds for these 2 pass catching RB's.

I am drafting in the 10th spot (we go winner of consolation bracket gets to pick ANY spot to draft. Then we go reverse order. That guy chose to draft 12th. So I ended up finishing 2nd last year.) With draft picks traded last year, I have these picks:

1st, 3rd, 4th (through trade), 6th, two 8th's, two back-to-back 9th's, 11-16.

You think I gotta go hard on WR early. Of course, all the keepers aren't in yet. So I don't know who is available. With my keepers/draft picks owned, I am going to have to have a solid late-round draft strategy to do good.

Well, you're basically already set at RB, and there should be plenty of mid to late round RBs you can get to fill out your bench. I'd definitely target Derrick Henry later in the draft, as he's the 1:1 back-up to Murray and will essentially play the exact same role if Murray goes down (whereas many other starters getting hurt would lead to the dreaded RBBC).

Not having that second is going to hurt you, though, as a lot of the best WRs will be gone by the time your third rolls around. But at least it's an incredibly deep position. I'm in the middle of a dynasty start-up draft right now with twelve teams. We're about to enter round eight and the following guys are still available: Tate, Edelman, Fitzgerald, Crowder, D. Jackson, Marshall, Decker, Garcon, Cobb, Thielen, etc. Granted, it's a superflex so there's a premium on QBs, but still a ton of talent left on the board at both RB and WR.

Adam Thielen, by the way, is a big sleeper for me this year. Dude's going super late in the draft and he very well might be the WR1 in Minny this year.

Well, you're basically already set at RB, and there should be plenty of mid to late round RBs you can get to fill out your bench. I'd definitely target Derrick Henry later in the draft, as he's the 1:1 back-up to Murray and will essentially play the exact same role if Murray goes down (whereas many other starters getting hurt would lead to the dreaded RBBC).

Not having that second is going to hurt you, though, as a lot of the best WRs will be gone by the time your third rolls around. But at least it's an incredibly deep position. I'm in the middle of a dynasty start-up draft right now with twelve teams. We're about to enter round eight and the following guys are still available: Tate, Edelman, Fitzgerald, Crowder, D. Jackson, Marshall, Decker, Garcon, Cobb, Thielen, etc. Granted, it's a superflex so there's a premium on QBs, but still a ton of talent left on the board at both RB and WR.

Adam Thielen, by the way, is a big sleeper for me this year. Dude's going super late in the draft and he very well might be the WR1 in Minny this year.

I wonder if we could pull enough on RCF that would be interested in a start up Dynasty league?

I've never played one but am SUPER intrigued.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."