• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Browns Off Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Browns may make Duke Johnson their No. 1 slot receiver

"Cleveland’s Duke Johnson is a running back, but he’s had more receiving yards than rushing yards in each of his first two NFL seasons. In his third season, he may not be a running back at all.

Johnson is the leading candidate to be the Browns’ No. 1 slot receiver, according to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.

Last year Andrew Hawkins was the No. 1 slot receiver in Cleveland, but he left for New England in free agency.

As one of the few bright spots in Cleveland’s offense last season, Johnson caught 53 passes for 514 yards and ran 73 times for 358 yards."

Other WR news:

--The marquee “X’’ receiver,
Coleman worked hard in the off-season to learn to use the whole field and exploit the route tree.
---The way he understands the offense now is so much better than he did last year when he first came in and we all know that Corey had a long way to go,’’ said receivers coach Al Saunders. “He had a long way to go based on the college offense that he ran and the limited exposure he had to route adjustments and the different route trees, but he's come a long way and he's just got to be able to stay healthy and be available."

-But according to Next Gen Stats, Britt ranked eighth in the NFL in making contested catches against tight coverage.

--But he has worked to change that, and stood out in spring practices, especially with Coleman down. (Louis)
---"He goes to college, they make him a wide receiver and he played very minimally at Auburn. I think he only caught 29 balls there in his career, so he's in a tremendous developmental stage. But he’s made great strides, I'm really proud of him." (via Saunders)

-...he also has made strides, but not as many as Louis. If Higgins is to challenge for playing time, he’ll have to show more in camp than he did in the spring.

Last edited:
Holy shit. He just looks like a guy where if he wanted Krispy Kreme and you brought him Dunkin Donuts, he would murder you.

I am looking forward to him. His downside was his size, but I am sure working with NFL trainers is going to help him out.

We are getting so damn close. 15 days away until we see the Browns on a TV. Unreal!

Holy shit. He just looks like a guy where if he wanted Krispy Kreme and you brought him Dunkin Donuts, he would murder you.

I am looking forward to him. His downside was his size, but I am sure working with NFL trainers is going to help him out.

We are getting so damn close. 15 days away until we see the Browns on a TV. Unreal!

Everyone seemed worried about his size but dude looks all-muscle to me. I know he's not the ideal height but he outperformed a lot of the top defensive end prospects at the combine in speed and strength exercises.

Lets hope him and Brantley come to camp looking to prove the doubters wrong. I haven't been this excited about our defensive line depth in many years.

Holy shit.

Thank you for this. I AM FUCKING PUMPED

When I saw Kindred play early last season, he looked raw, but he also looked like he had the speed & power for the game. His angles weren't great & need improvement, but he stuck-out.

Of course he'll only miss one week and be ready for week 2 against us.....

Glimmer of hope though.

Yeah. If nothing else, with a new set of TEs and WRs, we can hope the timing will not be as sharp with the reps he misses.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."