• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Trades.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm firmly against any trade in the East unless the Cavs get an absolute can't miss offer. I'm DEFINITELY not pairing Kyrie up with Giannis or any rising star in the East.

Something like this

CLE gets:
Patrick Beverly
Jaylen Brown
Wilson Chandler

DEN gets:
Kyrie Irving

LAC gets:
Cedi Osman
Emanuel Mudiay

BOS gets:
Richard Jefferson
Gary Harris

Something like this

CLE gets:
Patrick Beverly
Jaylen Brown
Wilson Chandler

DEN gets:
Kyrie Irving

LAC gets:
Cedi Osman
Emanuel Mudiay

BOS gets:
Richard Jefferson
Gary Harris

That trade is total ass for Kyrie.

Wilson Chandler is not that good. Brown was barely a rotational player.

Not one all-star talent coming back. Barf.

Something like this

CLE gets:
Patrick Beverly
Jaylen Brown
Wilson Chandler

DEN gets:
Kyrie Irving

LAC gets:
Cedi Osman
Emanuel Mudiay

BOS gets:
Richard Jefferson
Gary Harris

Not sure.. why Cleveland does this trade?

Also, FWIW, Boston will make no trades that so directly help Cleveland -- not unless they are getting Kyrie and we're getting jack shit..

Yea, like I like Jaylen Brown and think he has a bright future, but what I think doesn't beat what I've seen. He hasn't shown nearly enough to be the best asset coming back in an Irving trade.

I'm firmly against any trade in the East unless the Cavs get an absolute can't miss offer. I'm DEFINITELY not pairing Kyrie up with Giannis or any rising star in the East.

You're overrating Kyrie's impact and more importantly, you're making a trade for all the wrong reasons.

If you're trading to maximize LeBron's renaming year(s), you can't do it based on what another team becomes, because no matter what, they won't be as good as the Warriors, and that's the goal. So if we make Milwaukee so good that they beat us, guess what? We weren't beating Golden State regardless.

In that scenario, literally the only team we can't trade him to is Golden State. That's it. There's no where else we could send Kyrie and extract decent value that would then make that team better than Golden State.

If you're trading to completely tear it down and rebuild, who the hell cares what any other team becomes? We're gonna be bad for a long while anyway.

Think I'm trending to the side of going ALL IN and hoping LeBron likes the finals results win or lose and ultimately stays.

First off I'm contacting New Orleans and inquiring about Cousins, Holiday and their 1st for Kyrie and TT.

Ideally I'd like a unprotected 1st, but I doubt they would do it. I'll settle for top 5 protected and then flip it to NY headlining a Melo offer, as I recall we still have to beat out Houston's assets.

Holiday/Rose/Calderon
LeBron/Korver
Melo/JR
Love/Green
Boogie/Tavares

That team has a little bit everything and Boogie is a heavy hitter vs GS. He's a lethal threat just as much as LeBron or Kyrie.

Plan is to compete vs them in a bullyish way, we have the players to in fact do that. GS will then adjust to us, LeBron playing shooting guard, and a newly added Boogie living on the block and stretching out to 3. Plus Melo.

If LeBron re-signs then i dont see why Boogie won't. Hes been losing his entire NBA career, and he needs a player like LeBron. As LeBron ages and trends more to Magic's way of playing, a guy like Cousins could further his greatness.

On the Pelicans side, they have to like the pairing of Irving and Davis after liking the pairing of Boogie and Davis so to say. Sure they lose Jrue but you can't expect to keep him, Irving, and have Rondo. I think Kyrie and TT makes them more of a playoff team than Boogie and Jrue.

I'm still in belief if you have to trade Kyrie, you at least get back a near all-star talent, lottery picks, and a really good young player.

I'm not trading Kyrie for Boogie Cousins, either. I don't want Boogie anywhere near our team.

Yea, like I like Jaylen Brown and think he has a bright future, but what I think doesn't beat what I've seen. He hasn't shown nearly enough to be the best asset coming back in an Irving trade.

You're overrating Kyrie's impact and more importantly, you're making a trade for all the wrong reasons.

If you're trading to maximize LeBron's renaming year(s), you can't do it based on what another team becomes, because no matter what, they won't be as good as the Warriors, and that's the goal. So if we make Milwaukee so good that they beat us, guess what? We weren't beating Golden State regardless.

In that scenario, literally the only team we can't trade him to is Golden State. That's it. There's no where else we could send Kyrie and extract decent value that would then make that team better than Golden State.

If you're trading to completely tear it down and rebuild, who the hell cares what any other team becomes? We're gonna be bad for a long while anyway.

Ok, let me rephrase:

There's only one team in the east that I think can realistically give the Cavs a good return for Kyrie: New York.

I'm not taking IT and change from Boston. I'm not taking the role player pu pu platter from Milwaukee.

I also never said I would attempt to maximize his remaining years. I'm looking for the deal that keeps the Cavs in contention and bridges the gap post-LeBron, whether thats after next year or five years from now.

Ok, let me rephrase:

There's only one team in the east that I think can realistically give the Cavs a good return for Kyrie: New York.

I'm not taking IT and change from Boston. I'm not taking the role player pu pu platter from Milwaukee.

I also never said I would attempt to maximize his remaining years. I'm looking for the deal that keeps the Cavs in contention and bridges the gap post-LeBron, whether thats after next year or five years from now.

with them being able to offer Middleton, Jabari Parker and reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon (i'm not super high on him, he turns 25 this year but i still wouldn't mind having him) i wouldn't exactly call that a pu pu platter.
New York has Porzingis but that ship sailed when Phil Jackson was fired imo

I'm still in belief if you have to trade Kyrie, you at least get back a near all-star talent, lottery picks, and a really good young player.

I'm not trading Kyrie for Boogie Cousins, either. I don't want Boogie anywhere near our team.

What player has ever brought back this type of haul? Honestly, can anyone name any trade where one player brought this back? Shaq didn't bring something like that back. Chris Paul brought back one good young player in Eric Gordon (comparable to Devan Booker, I'd say), one raw guy on his rookie deal, Aminu, and one unprotected pick.

And those are probably the two best deals teams have gotten for star players in the last 20 years. And both Paul and Shaq were MUCH better than Kyrie when they were traded.

Honestly, looking at the Paul trade, a comparable offer would be Booker, Chriss, Tyson Chandler, and an unprotected first.

Good young player, unprotected pick, all-star talent. Pick two.

with them being able to offer Middleton, Jabari Parker and reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon (i'm not super high on him, he turns 25 this year but i still wouldn't mind having him) i wouldn't exactly call that a pu pu platter.
New York has Porzingis but that ship sailed when Phil Jackson was fired imo

Brogdon kind of is what he is given his age. Parker is coming off a second ACL tear. And Middleton... I'm just not a super huge fan of his. He's good, but hes, and never will be great.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."