• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread (includes spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
One thing to note with Euron...the way that night ship battle was shot, it looked as if Euron's ships were arriving with a storm. There were clouds all around his ships and lightning was flashing in the background. Not sure if that was meant to hint at some supernatural abilities, but it seemed that way.
Yeah I just read a long blog post about Euron yesterday, and that's almost definitely implied in the books. That Euron's likely and continuous blood magic are appeasing the gods/powers allowing him to control the weather.

Yeah I just read a long blog post about Euron yesterday, and that's almost definitely implied in the books. That Euron's likely and continuous blood magic are appeasing the gods/powers allowing him to control the weather.

Yeah, in the books it's undoubtedly true. Too many favorable things happening for him.

But on the show we haven't really heard anything about him to this point. I had to explain to my girlfriend who he even was when he showed up in King's Landing last week.

Yeah, in the books it's undoubtedly true. Too many favorable things happening for him.

But on the show we haven't really heard anything about him to this point. I had to explain to my girlfriend who he even was when he showed up in King's Landing last week.

We haven't. Like I said, the show might be tossing all of that out, and if they are, that will be my biggest gripe yet. Again, if in the next episode or the one after we hear him talking about going to
Oldtown
then I think the show will be headed in that direction and will reveal just what he is and all the things he can do.

The one situation I'm interested to find out is what's going to happen when the Iron Bank comes knocking.

Something I noticed on the second watch... Right before Theon jumps, we see a guy getting his tongue cut off. Nice nod to Euron's ship, The Silence, where at least in the books all of the crewmen have their tongues cut out and can't speak.

Last edited:
No I think it absolutely does. That, and the fact that he was able to just catch them in the open water in the middle of the night. That's not how Naval Battles work.

Look, when Euron says "I am the storm, the first and the last." And "I am the Drowned God," he means it quite literally, I'm certain.
euron in the books was always associated with some type of mysticism.

I think the show wants to be really subtle about it. because that's the way the book was

I think the show wants to be really subtle about it. because that's the way the book was

I think so too, but there is cause for concern that they might cut it out completely.

For instance, almost all of what we know about Euron in the books comes from two of his brothers, which have basically been written out of the show.

Second, we've seen no
Horn

It's subtle in the books, but it won't be for much longer. We'll see what happens in the show.

He did get drown and come back to life

That's interesting, just re-watched the scene he appeared in: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCMM0ir8-EA

You could say he just appeared w/ the storm in that scene as well, almost like when the bridge rocks from the storm, he appears as the hooded character.

That's interesting, just re-watched the scene he appeared in: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCMM0ir8-EA

You could say he just appeared w/ the storm in that scene as well, almost like when the bridge rocks from the storm, he appears as the hooded character.

More on this, rewatching the battle from the last episode, when his ship appears there are storm clouds above and lightning in the sky. By the time the battle is over and you see Theon pan around to watch Euron's ship sail away, the lightning has stopped and the sky is so clear that you can see the full moon.

I saw an interview with Alfie Allen (Theon) and he said that Theon was finally going to put Reek behind him in season 7. So I think it's safe to say we will see a redemption arc this season.

I have a feeling Theon will end up sacrificing himself to help his allies in some grand fashion, ending his suffering for the greater good.

I have a feeling Theon will end up sacrificing himself to help his allies in some grand fashion, ending his suffering for the greater good.

I can't think of anyone in the show that has gone through as many cycles of disappointment to redemption. Reminds me of this book I read as a kid.

fortunately_cover21b.jpg

Yea I actually can't begin to speculate where Theon's arc is headed. We are so far beyond the books with where he is now. I did not see his Reek moment coming. And from the looks of it, Euron was gonna leave him in the ocean. So I'm super interested in what happens with him.

Re-watching the episode. I'm torn on this Grey Worm and Missandei relationship. On the one hand, it's fucking awful, but on the other...dem titties.

I thought she was really thoughtless. This guy has no junk, so they start making out and within 20 sec she is disrobing and pulling his pants off. Like I understand making out is not as good as getting cunnilingus, but can't you throw the guy a bone and just make out with him for a few minutes? She immediately draws attention to the bits he don't have

I thought she was really thoughtless. This guy has no junk, so they start making out and within 20 sec she is disrobing and pulling his pants off. Like I understand making out is not as good as getting cunnilingus, but can't you throw the guy a bone and just make out with him for a few minutes? She immediately draws attention to the bits he don't have

Damn that'd be frustrating. Poor Grey Worm.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."