• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

College Football: Who has the Worst Fans Conversation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm guessing there's a fair amount of people who doubt he was worthy of the pick. This isn't unprecedented, I mean, we've seen players booed by their own fans on draft night across the major sports.

I hate that also, but I'm probably in the minority. But I feel the need to say something, especially after reading Hideki Irabu's story today. "Hideki, grow up and take the criticism like a man! You're paid millions of dollars you fat pussy toad!" Humans are humans, regardless of salary.

I hate that also, but I'm probably in the minority. But I feel the need to say something, especially after reading Hideki Irabu's story today. "Hideki, grow up and take the criticism like a man! You're paid millions of dollars you fat pussy toad!" Humans are humans, regardless of salary.

Right.

So:

A) With all fans being humans, they're all going to exhibit essentially the same behavior. Toss in some variables to account for the culture of the area of the country they live in, team traditions and whether their team is good or not.

And

B) Some players are experiencing success at any given time and others are experiencing failure. No matter what, the vast majority of them are probably better than the vast majority of fans at whatever the fans do for a living. Making the pros at all is a far greater achievement than anything 99.9% of fans have done. So however bad of a failure any of the pros are, it's all relative. They're still mostly pretty successful and much moreso than the people giving them shit.

But there's a dichotomy there...some of these guys have deeper issues like being abandoned by their parents and other such things and the failure grates at them harder. Hideki Irabu being a prime example.

So yeah...we're all human. Including all of the fans and all of the players.

Small sample size, but I remember when Cincinnati was playing at OSU in 2014, and holy shit, every single fan I came across at tailgates and before/after the game were the biggest assholes ever. I've had more pleasant experiences with Michigan and Penn State fans coming to Columbus.

Small sample size, but I remember when Cincinnati was playing at OSU in 2014, and holy shit, every single fan I came across at tailgates and before/after the game were the biggest assholes ever. I've had more pleasant experiences with Michigan and Penn State fans coming to Columbus.
When I was living in Cincinnati I went to a Browns @ Bengals game with my family (I was probably 10 or 11 years old) and the fans treated us like trash the entire game for no reason beyond wearing Browns gear. It was really ridiculous.

It's funny. In my entire life, I have had minimal negative interactions with other teams fans.

What are you guys doing at games?

It's funny. In my entire life, I have had minimal negative interactions with other teams fans.

What are you guys doing at games?

Not sure if you're familiar with the OSU campus or anything like that, but basically we were just having tailgate parties all day before that Cincinnati game on the roads east of High Street. Everybody at our party was a Buckeye fan/student obviously, and we had multiple occasions where drunk Cincy fans were throwing cans and shit in our yard and at our cornhole boards before running off.

The game usually isn't ever that bad, even when we play Michigan, because the student section is typically 98+% Buckeye fans. Since we were playing Cincy, a lot of friends of OSU students came up apparently, so it was probably closer to an 80/20 split. Just a bunch of assholes throwing shit and talking mad amounts of bullshit about how Ohio State is a bad college and overrated and all of that, especially when they got up 7-0 at the start of the game.

I saw a ton of fights at bars that night between OSU/Cincy people, which Buckeye fans obviously could've started, but I doubt it based on what I saw during the day. :chuckle:

Seems to me these guys just have some growing up to do. @Huber.

Kent State fans are the worst because Kent State people are the worst.

I realize this conversation is about general fan behavior and without context, but the only answer to the question in my mind is Penn State.

Just one time I'd like to meet one PSU fan who doesnt jump at the opportunity to try to defend Joe Paterno and/or justify the raping of children.

Aside from that, my pick would have been Michigan fans but they've been like house cats for almost two decades now. It's been absolutely glorious.

I remember that, and I was up in C Deck by the Cinci fans, as well. Total Debra's.

If I have to name bad fans, in no particular order:

Michigan (when traveling TO OSU)
Ohio State (We have our moments, don't lie)
Cinci (but only have the one experience)
Michigan State (total European cigarettes)
Bama (I mean, come on. Personal story: I was on vacation in SC and at breakfast someone ran up to me and threw maple syrup at me and yelled "Roll Tide!" He was like 19 and could have been a participant on Double Dare, so I didn't want to make a scene. I was running low on syrup anyhow)
Florida
USC
Somewhere in TENN (I don't know what fans they were, and very well could have been out of towners since I was in Nashville, but every time I wore an OSU shirt, I received multiple "Fuck You's!" and "Ohio State sucks!" all the time)

It is not in the nation, i literally said in the big ten, and i am referring to when we were 12 teams.

You are correct that allot of it has to do with the amount that travel, but IU would bring even more to Purdue, were an actual rival, and not be nearly as bad as OSU or Michigan fans.

Ask most people that had to deal with Big Ten fans and most will say OSU or Michigan were the worst.

They would walk into the bar like they own the place, talk constant trash against you and your team, and be very disrespectful. More fights broke out with OSU and Michigan fans, and some of these years Purdue was really, really bad before Joe Tiller took over, so most Purdue fans didnt even care.

I am speaking from experience of having to work at bars and have the fans come to town. Really its not just me, we discussed it before OSU and Michigan games. It was very much dreaded.

And please dont think i am speaking to every single fan, that is impossible, just speaking to my experience bartending in the 90's from those fans as a group. Ofcourse there were many more good fans than bad at any school, just saying there seems to be more bad fans at OSU than any other school. (even if 80% are good fans, the 20% do ruin the experience for those of us that have to deal with the remainder)

No - there is no way that is accurate.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."