• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Fuck that shit in game I lost so many.... Yeah it is a good game.

Yeah, the game has a habit of deciding to fuck you really, really hard right when you think you've got everything handled.

Yeah, the game has a habit of deciding to fuck you really, really hard right when you think you've got everything handled.

Yeah I often took nights to think of ways to go about it, I often would end up back to Persona 5 that is also a hard game. How over Darkest Dungeon is like if Dark Souls and Castle Crashers had a baby. Like you said just when you think you got it... DEATH.

Yeah I often took nights to think of ways to go about it, I often would end up back to Persona 5 that is also a hard game. How over Darkest Dungeon is like if Dark Souls and Castle Crashers had a baby. Like you said just when you think you got it... DEATH.

The boss fights in Darkest Dungeon are no joke. Finished off the Viscount from the Crimson Court DLC last night and it was a harrowing experience. Had a couple of players near or on death's door for the back half of the fight. I planned to explore a bit more of the dungeon after killing him, but it wasn't meant to be because my party was in bad fucking shape when the fight ended. Didn't lose anyone, though.

Just finished the champion version of the Formless Flesh a bit ago and it was a similar experience. They kept critting the shit out of my Plague Doctor and I almost lost her twice. Thankfully, she had the Martyr's Seal as one of her trinkets, which gives a nice death's door boost.

Really not looking forward to the champion level Hag fight or the one against the Sunken Crew. The Sunken Crew gave me a ton of problems on both lower difficulties. Damn near impossible not to trigger a couple of resolve checks in that one.

And I haven't even taken on the Fanatic yet. That's like a tougher version of the Hag fight. I did absolutely destroy a Shambler recently, though. Found a Shambler Altar with a mark party, activated the altar to summon him, and just lit him the fuck up. Killed that bitch in two turns.

The boss fights in Darkest Dungeon are no joke. Finished off the Viscount from the Crimson Court DLC last night and it was a harrowing experience. Had a couple of players near or on death's door for the back half of the fight. I planned to explore a bit more of the dungeon after killing him, but it wasn't meant to be because my party was in bad fucking shape when the fight ended. Didn't lose anyone, though.

Just finished the champion version of the Formless Flesh a bit ago and it was a similar experience. They kept critting the shit out of my Plague Doctor and I almost lost her twice. Thankfully, she had the Martyr's Seal as one of her trinkets, which gives a nice death's door boost.

Really not looking forward to the champion level Hag fight or the one against the Sunken Crew. The Sunken Crew gave me a ton of problems on both lower difficulties. Damn near impossible not to trigger a couple of resolve checks in that one.

And I haven't even taken on the Fanatic yet. That's like a tougher version of the Hag fight. I did absolutely destroy a Shambler recently, though. Found a Shambler Altar with a mark party, activated the altar to summon him, and just lit him the fuck up. Killed that bitch in two turns.

I am noob so yeah... I might have to play this game more, This comes off Fire Emblem where Perma Death is a thing and it sucks. So between DD and FE I need to find the reason to play these games. I love and grow close to the characters and FE makes you cry when you lose a member. In DD it pisses me off half my team is gone in seconds... I feel bad for them but yet pissed at myself. It is a great idea however if I chose to go deep into the series I would be obsessed with it.. So I like me a good Shinning Force game.

No you are right and I really want to learn how to take down everything and such and foremost In my Opinion I think Darkest Dungeon is a great game that everyone should at least try. It is that kind of game that will test you mentally and leave you feeling good if you made all the right moves.

Like I said I want to go back but I got so many games a head of it but when I get back to it as I tried a sample tease I should be ready. Much like the DS3 everything is there to make you win. Yous just have to fight through it to make it possible.

Any of you gamers have any recommendation of 'gaming chairs'? Not trying to spend of $200 on a damn chair either, i see good ones like $300 plus. Thats a console worth lol.

Not sure how many care about esports, but more NBA people are signing on as Overwatch League team owners.

The Kroenke's (who own the Nuggets and the Rams) just bought the LA team. That adds to Misfits (who are part of the Miami HEAT) owning the Miami-Orlando team, and NRG (who Shaq is part owner) own the San Francisco team. Patriots and Mets owners own some of the other teams, albeit not NBA related.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/overwatch-league-rams-cloud9-two-new-teams/

Gonna be pretty fun to watch if you're an Overwatch fan.

Not sure how many care about esports, but more NBA people are signing on as Overwatch League team owners.

The Kroenke's (who own the Nuggets and the Rams) just bought the LA team. That adds to Misfits (who are part of the Miami HEAT) owning the Miami-Orlando team, and NRG (who Shaq is part owner) own the San Francisco team. Patriots and Mets owners own some of the other teams, albeit not NBA related.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/overwatch-league-rams-cloud9-two-new-teams/

Gonna be pretty fun to watch if you're an Overwatch fan.

Rick Fox owns an Esports org called Echo Fox with multiple teams in different games, also Rodger Saffold of the Rams owns a COD team called Rise Nation.

I've logged about 21 hours in Total War: Warhammer in the past two weeks, campaigning with the Dwarfs. Such a fantastic game. I've been out of TW for a long time, since Medieval 2 pretty much, but as someone who enjoys the Warhammer universe and the Total War series this is a damn good time. Plus, since it's about a year old, many of the kinks have been ironed out already and there's plenty of DLC and FreeLC, most of it pretty impressive from what I have seen.

Only negative is the sequel comes out next month, so I'll have to move on to that, probably. Doubt I'll have completed more than the Dwarf campaign by then.

I've logged about 21 hours in Total War: Warhammer in the past two weeks, campaigning with the Dwarfs. Such a fantastic game. I've been out of TW for a long time, since Medieval 2 pretty much, but as someone who enjoys the Warhammer universe and the Total War series this is a damn good time. Plus, since it's about a year old, many of the kinks have been ironed out already and there's plenty of DLC and FreeLC, most of it pretty impressive from what I have seen.

Only negative is the sequel comes out next month, so I'll have to move on to that, probably. Doubt I'll have completed more than the Dwarf campaign by then.

Could just play the original and wait six months until the sequel is thirty bucks or less.

Could just play the original and wait six months until the sequel is thirty bucks or less.

I may. I got this one for like 25$ a while back but couldnt play it until I built my new pc. Love finding deals like that.

Currently playing through Nioh. Story is hard to follow at times, but the gameplay, setting, graphics, sound, etc. are all fantastic. It plays like a cross between Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden - to be expected from Team Ninja, I suppose.

Also, just bought a Switch yesterday and have been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Great game, but my thumbs get sore quickly from using the controllers when playing with two players. I also bought Zelda, but am holding off on playing it until I finish Nioh.

I also beat Horizon a few weeks ago. Easily the best game I have played this year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."