• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Golden state had a scheme against Tristan that he himself had never seen before..

Zaza's and Greens main job was to make contact as far fro the basket as possible.

Zaza was essentially setting rebounding picks and if the ball went short Green and Durant attacked the glass.
If it was long..Klay and Stephen would crash the boards on both ends of the court

and it worked... for 3 games.

That's how long it took for Lue to make an actual adjustment. that didn't involve sitting Thompson.

GS didn't put all this this effort toward neutralizing TT because he was a crappy center. they did so because he is a great center.

Golden state had a scheme against Tristan that he himself had never seen before..

Zaza's and Greens main job was to make contact as far fro the basket as possible.

Zaza was essentially setting rebounding picks and if the ball went short Green and Durant attacked the glass.
If it was long..Klay and Stephen would crash the boards on both ends of the court

That's how long it took for Lue to make an actual adjustment. that didn't involve sitting Thompson.

GS didn't put all this this effort toward neutralizing TT because he was a crappy center. they did so because he is a great center.
It didn't take me 3 games to figure out what was going on.
Yet they couldn't keep KL off the boards using that strategy.
But Lue has to learn from that..

It's an astute observation on the game plan but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a great center. It was just a smart coaching strategy to eliminate a guys greatest strength, which in TT's case is to get us a second chance at scoring.

I don't think he's a starting center. But in today's market; he's really not on a massive contract.

But that said, I think the Cavs should shop him, IMO. See what his market is.
We should bu
It didn't take me 3 games to figure out what was going on.
Yet they couldn't keep KL off the boards using that strategy.
But Lue has to learn from that..
They didn't try to. All through the playoffs we found this sweet strategy where Love would crash the offensive boards while the defenses were distracted boxing out TT. Against GS it had partial success but when Love couldn't grab the board it meant he and TT were in the worst possible position for transition defense

We should bu

They didn't try to. All through the playoffs we found this sweet strategy where Love would crash the offensive boards while the defenses were distracted boxing out TT. Against GS it had partial success but when Love couldn't grab the board it meant he and TT were in the worst possible position for transition defense
Not quite..I saw them trying to keep Love off the boards and he just out hustled ZaZa and Green ,but his only problem was he couldn't get those putbacks in.
Love isn't a good defensive transition player anyway.
TT should have thrived off the contact away from the glass but it seemed to confuse him .

He's been on Snapchat all summer partying, eating, and doing soft workouts with OJ's bastard daughter.

could not agree more for trading TT, not sure how much if anything better you get back

It's an astute observation on the game plan but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a great center. It was just a smart coaching strategy to eliminate a guys greatest strength, which in TT's case is to get us a second chance at scoring.

Offensive rebounding doesn't really work against them anymore. Not only does it hurt transition D, but they shoot so many threes their guards do half their rebounding because they are long rebounds.

Nm

Edit: I was getting ready to do a petty gravedig and find some posts from the time of TTs holdout that claimed Rich Paul was amateur hour and was going to lose business as a result of how he handled TTs negotiations.

Came to mind because Nerlens Noel just switched over to Klutch which now reps:

LeBron, John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, TT, KCP, Nerlens Noel, Ben Simmons, JR, Kosta Koufus, Corey Joseph, Ben McLemore, Trey Lyles, Terrence Ferguson, DeJounte Murray, Montreszl Harrel, and a few others.

Would actually be a pretty good team:
Starters:

Wall
KCP
Simmons
LeBron
Noel

Bench rotation:

Bledsoe
Joseph
JR
TT
Kosta

Developing young talent:
Murray
McLemore
Ferguson
Lyles
Harrell

Cap be damned of course.

Last edited:
Nm

Edit: I was getting ready to do a petty gravedig and find some posts from the time of TTs holdout that claimed Rich Paul was amateur hour and was going to lose business as a result of how he handled TTs negotiations.

Came to mind because Nerlens Noel just switched over to Klutch which now reps:

LeBron, John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, TT, KCP, Nerlens Noel, Ben Simmons, JR, Kosta Koufus, Corey Joseph, Ben McLemore, Trey Lyles, Terrence Ferguson, DeJounte Murray, Montreszl Harrel, and a few others.

Would actually be a pretty good team:
Starters:

Wall
KCP
Simmons
LeBron
Noel

Bench rotation:

Bledsoe
Joseph
JR
TT
Kosta

Developing young talent:
Murray
McLemore
Ferguson
Lyles
Harrell

Cap be damned of course.

I say LA and Danny Green for KI and Shump. Do it or bust.

Nm

That was always going to be dependent on when/whether Griff caved, and he caved before training camp.

Is there a chance TT is garbage this year?

I thought he was fantastic in 15-16. He was a monster in the finals and played a key role in the title.

Then u have the Kardashian shit. Im not sure he is super focused on bball. Or focused at all really...

Now he looks outta shape to me. Saw nothing about bball from him all summer.

A9oOhX4_d.jpg

He could be really bad this season.

He looks skinnyfat now. Look at his upper body and abs last year:

YxbyS9F.jpg

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."