• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Racial Tension in the U.S.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where should the thread go from here?

• Racial Tension in the U.S.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Extremist Views on the U.S.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mending Years of Racial Stereotypes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Protest Culture.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Racist Idiots in the News.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
Democrats don't go out of their way to disavow the more extreme elements of their support either. There were plenty of fairly horrible things said by various BLM supporters, and some pretty extreme things said by members of other parameters of the Democrat coalition. And Dems were mostly silent about that because they didn't want to antagonize potential voters or risk losing their progressive street cred.

The "you must disavow everything offensive said by anyone who supports you" standard was only applied to one side in this election.

Eh, but was the far left, e.g. Antifa, rabidly pro-Bernie the same way the alt-right was rabidly pro-Trump? I think Trump's candidacy was pretty unique in how much it appealed to the most extreme members of his party, relative to all serious candidates in both parties in recent years.

Eh, but was the far left, e.g. Antifa, rabidly pro-Bernie the same way the alt-right was rabidly pro-Trump? I think Trump's candidacy was pretty unique in how much it appealed to the most extreme members of his party, relative to all serious candidates in both parties in recent years.

Moreover, the left isn't pushing policies in line with the dreams and aspirations of Antifa.

But it wasn't just Antifa. They actively courted/supported BLM, right? Did you see disavowal of things like "Pigs in a blanket/fry 'em like bacon", which was in an avowedly BLM rally? Or demands by the media that the Democrat candidate do so?

There were plenty of other offensive signs, etc, at BLM rallies, some feminist rallies, the usual support from shady people like Al Sharon, and Democrats weren't asked to disavow that. No matter what some BLM marchers said or did, the Democrats were terrified of criticizing them even slightly. People rushed a stage and took microphones by force, prevented speakers from speaking, and they said nothing. Even though those actions were committed in the name of a group those politicians actively courted and supported by name.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone of that double standard. Just trying to raise the issue for people to think about and judge on their own, and perhaps increase awareness when it happens in the future.

Last edited:
Do you believe if Hillary would have won, we'd have seen the civil war like split we have now? Do you believe we'd have had the violent protests anywhere in the vicinity of the amount we've had since the election?

Sure, there'd be some political shots taken, but do you believe the country just wanted this level of escalation regardless of outcome, or is it because one particular side lost that you feel we see this?

I don't think this would have happened if Jeb Bush was elected either, although people would have been hating on the Bushes more than ever. So there is an element of Trump emboldening that fringe racist element.

Trash article from a trash source. Maybe I should come back with a "NOW THIS" video.

Do better.
this is not an argument.

It's a report of a poll done by uc Berkey without absolutely any editorialism whatsoever.

Attack the argument, which is sound, not the source.

this is not an argument.

It's a report of a poll done by uc Berkey without absolutely any editorialism whatsoever.

Attack the argument, which is sound, not the source.

Yeah, I read it. The logic to arrive at the conclusion presented in the article is a huge leap, and it's a poll of many different types of people, slightly more than a majority even identifying as "liberal".

Unsurprising given the source, which should just not be presented in a legitimate discussion in the first place.

Yeah, I read it. The logic to arrive at the conclusion presented in the article is a huge leap, and it's a poll of many different types of people, slightly more than a majority even identifying as "liberal".

Unsurprising given the source, which should just not be presented in a legitimate discussion in the first place.
Yea that's called ad homimem and poisoning the well and it has nothing to do with the actual content. It shouldn't make its way into any legitimate discussion.

You still haven't explained exactly why you have a problem with this. More people are liberal in America. Why shouldn't those polled be slightly more liberal? What issue do you specifically have with this other than the source?

Attacking the source! Attacking the source!

Credibility be damned.

Said while supporting a man whose main platform is attacking the sources.

Credibility be damned.

I give you a week here :chuckle:

Literally just got banned and are told daily how insufferable you are. Not even going to bother with the holes in the logic you just posted

You should listen to how people respond to you. it's a clue that you're doing shit wrong

Credibility be damned.

Dude. They're reporting the findings of a survey. Why is Breitbart's "credibility" even remotely relevant? Breitbart isn't the source of this information. They're reporting information from another source. Like, if you want to say it isn't a credible source then find the actual source of the information.

If breitbart posts a story about there being a hurricane in Florida this past weekend are you going to be all "nope! Didn't happen!"?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."