• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Game #3 | #8 Ohio State vs. Army West Point | September 16th, 2017 @ 4:30 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Fine. I don't believe a redshirt freshman quarterback who has never played in a meaningful college game could make it through a schedule that includes a home contest against a top 5 Penn State team and road games against Iowa and Michigan unscathed.

Besides his shitty game vs Virginia tech, JT did something very similar the year we won the national title. However he has regressed since then into so no I'm not confident in him anyway. Would much rather get the future started now and see what we have at Haskins and see if his spark can carry us.

I asked how you conclude that we would lose with Haskins, you didn't answer that question.

Also, Meyer did not allude that Burrow will be backup:

"The head coach added that Joe Burrow is close to being ready to come back after breaking a bone in his hand before the season started, and that the coaches will have a tough decision on who will be the backup to Barrett."

"We've got to make some decisions who is the first one in there," Meyer said.

In my opinion, those statements allude to Joe not coming back in and taking over his number two spot on the depth chart.
Doesn't the fact that Burrow could break his hand, miss some time, then come in and reclaim #2 maybe signal that Haskins isn't ready yet? I mean, he'd have to be clearly ahead of Burrow before he's ahead of Barrett, and it seems he might not even be ahead of an injured Burrow.

Doesn't the fact that Burrow could break his hand, miss some time, then come in and reclaim #2 maybe signal that Haskins isn't ready yet? I mean, he'd have to be clearly ahead of Burrow before he's ahead of Barrett, and it seems he might not even be ahead of an injured Burrow.
No I don't believe so. Not with the amount of reps he has received.

I'd give Haskins the second half reps against both UNLV and Maryland.

If the game is already over (which it better be), then good, no pressure, go make your passes and gain some experience.

If the game is not over, it's probably JT's fault to some degree anyways and he can GTFO for the rest of that game.

Never have been a huge fan of Burrow, especially now that he'd be coming off injury. I think Haskins is the clear #2 behind Barrett.

Yeah, I always liked Haskins over Burrow for backup QB. And while I would like to see our pass offense fixed, I'm not sure switching to Haskins is the answer. But, I'm not sure what else could be done to possibly fix the problem this season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."