• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Cmon bruh. Put some more respeck on LeBron's name.
Cmon bruh. Put some more respeck on LeBron's name.

DQY6V.gif
u must be bored bruh

none of these guards you are mentioning are good spot-up three point shooters, kind of important for our team. I'd take Delly over either. Love a Shump for Delly swap but doubt Bucks go for it.

True, but I think the last thing this team needs is more of the same. All of this talk about getting Love more involved... well then we better start adding some pieces that compliment his game and not just LeBron's. What good does a spot-up 3pt shooter do for Love? Love needs guards who can keep their man in front of them and who can distribute the ball.

True, but I think the last thing this team needs is more of the same. All of this talk about getting Love more involved... well then we better start adding some pieces that compliment his game and not just LeBron's. What good does a spot-up 3pt shooter do for Love? Love needs guards who can keep their man in front of them and who can distribute the ball.

You keep repeating this same fallacy over and over again. Of course Love benefits from playing with great spot up shooters. That creates more space for him on every post up and every touch he gets. And of course LeBron would benefit from playing with guards who can keep their man in front of them and who can distribute the ball. The reality is that every team that wants to win in the NBA needs BOTH solid defenders and excellent shooting. Those are not needs unique to LeBron or to Kevin. The problem is there aren't that many good two way players. I'm sure if Avery Bradley-type players could be acquired for nothing then the Cavs would absolutely pounce on that. It certainly isn't the case that the Cavs have been passing on good 3 and D players because they don't fit with LeBron. If anything, acquiring a guy like Jae Crowder and taking a chance on a Cedi Osman shows that the Cavs are trying their best to get two way players going forward.

You keep repeating this same fallacy over and over again. Of course Love benefits from playing with great spot up shooters. That creates more space for him on every post up and every touch he gets. And of course LeBron would benefit from playing with guards who can keep their man in front of them and who can distribute the ball. The reality is that every team that wants to win in the NBA needs BOTH solid defenders and excellent shooting. Those are not needs unique to LeBron or to Kevin. The problem is there aren't that many good two way players. I'm sure if Avery Bradley-type players could be acquired for nothing then the Cavs would absolutely pounce on that. It certainly isn't the case that the Cavs have been passing on good 3 and D players because they don't fit with LeBron. If anything, acquiring a guy like Jae Crowder and taking a chance on a Cedi Osman shows that the Cavs are trying their best to get two way players going forward.

exactly

I've never said we need all of one thing and not the other. Of course we need spot up shooters but that doesn't need to be half our roster. We've routinely wasted roster spots on guys who can provide zero impact on the floor other than knocking down a three. My issue is the team as constructed is unbalanced. You have way too many guys with the same skill-set.

• Love & Frye - Both stretch 4's and extremely limited defensively
  • JR & Korver - Both spot-up shooters and extremely limited defensively (And I don't wanna hear how great JR is as a defender simply because he try's hard)
  • IT & Rose - Both penetrating guards, fragile, and limited defensively
  • Shumpert & Jefferson - Both supposed 3&D wings who are inconsistent jump shooters.
  • Osman & Green - Both projected to be high-energy, lengthy, athletic wings
Why do we need 2 of everything? And if you read closely, I never even said we need more 3&D guys. I actually think we're good with Crowder, Osman, Green. What I said was we need a guard who can guard opposing point-guards and SG's and who can distribute the ball. And as everyone agrees we need to upgrade TT for a true center who can protect the rim and is at least somewhat of a threat offensively. That's it. That's all I think this team needs. And in order to get something you need to give up something. We should be ridding ourselves of guys who play duplicate roles on our team.

Reactions: MrX
I've never said we need all of one thing and not the other. Of course we need spot up shooters but that doesn't need to be half our roster. We've routinely wasted roster spots on guys who can provide zero impact on the floor other than knocking down a three. My issue is the team as constructed is unbalanced. You have way too many guys with the same skill-set.

• Love & Frye - Both stretch 4's and extremely limited defensively
  • JR & Korver - Both spot-up shooters and extremely limited defensively (And I don't wanna hear how great JR is as a defender simply because he try's hard)
  • IT & Rose - Both penetrating guards, fragile, and limited defensively
  • Shumpert & Jefferson - Both supposed 3&D wings who are inconsistent jump shooters.
  • Osman & Green - Both projected to be high-energy, lengthy, athletic wings
Why do we need 2 of everything? And if you read closely, I never even said we need more 3&D guys. I actually think we're good with Crowder, Osman, Green. What I said was we need a guard who can guard opposing point-guards and SG's and who can distribute the ball. And as everyone agrees we need to upgrade TT for a true center who can protect the rim and is at least somewhat of a threat offensively. That's it. That's all I think this team needs. And in order to get something you need to give up something. We should be ridding ourselves of guys who play duplicate roles on our team.

Do you present information incorrectly on purpose?

Frye has never been used as a 4 in his time here. Love is more than a "stretch 4" and is far from "extremely limited defensively". JR has been a quality defender. IT is coming off a season as one of the best scorers and pick and roll players in the league.

I just don't understand ya'll sometimes.

Do you present information incorrectly on purpose?

Frye has never been used as a 4 in his time here. Love is more than a "stretch 4" and is far from "extremely limited defensively". JR has been a quality defender. IT is coming off a season as one of the best scorers and pick and roll players in the league.

I just don't understand ya'll sometimes.

It's called generalizing. Of course there are some differences, but I believe these guys bring virtually 75-80% of what the other guy does.

And as great of defenders Love & JR are there must be some other explanation for why our team was ranked 22nd in defensive efficiency last year. Must be because LeBron & Tristan suck on so bad on defense. And we're really going to miss Kyrie's lock down defense as well.

Reactions: MrX
Frye has never been used as a 4 in his time here.
Patently untrue since that what he was brought over here for and that's the role he played the second half of the '16 season.

As an aside, I'm not as down on Frye as others here. He should never, EVER be used as a backup 5 in this league; you can blame that on Griffin and Lue.

But as a Love backup to keep the defense honest and let LeBron do his thing? Frye is honestly perfect in that role and he epitomizes the type of player who helps get you through the regular season.

Patently untrue since that what he was brought over here for and that's the role he played the second half of the '16 season.

As an aside, I'm not as down on Frye as others here. He should never, EVER be used as a backup 5 in this league; you can blame that on Griffin and Lue.

But as a Love backup to keep the defense honest and let LeBron do his thing? Frye is honestly perfect in that role and he epitomizes the type of player who helps get you through the regular season.

I would rather trade Frye as he doesn't help vs GSW.

Why do we need 2 of everything?

Because there are 15 roster spots and players that play the same position generally have similar skill sets. It makes some sense that you are going to have overlap, especially when you generalize things as you even say you did in your next post.

For instance you generalize JR and Korver to be the same, but in actuality JR is able to create his own shot quite a bit better than Korver. Korver on the other hand is an elite shooter, JR is not, and attracts a ton of attention (more than JR) from the defense. He also is more adept to running off screens and shooting the ball off that action than JR is...

I don't really see Green and Osman as the same. Green is a small ball 4 or even 5 and Osman is a 2/3.

Roster construction is not picking a choosing everyone that you want. If you can get Derrick Rose for the minimum, you take him. What we got for Kyrie is about as good as we could hope for, so if there is some overlap between IT and Rose, then whatever. They're both PGs, there's going to be some overlap.

I would rather trade Frye as he doesn't help vs GSW.
I'm not opposed to trading Frye if it improves the team...just don't think that getting rid of him should take priority since he still provides more than a lot of other guys currently cluttering our roster.

And I don't want to digress, but I personally think that no use of Frye against GSW is misuse; he's too good a shooter to be shelved, and he could have only helped our woeful bench production in the Finals (poo-pooing his defense is a laugh since nobody on our team gave a damn about that end of the court anyways that series.)

Because there are 15 roster spots and players that play the same position generally have similar skill sets. It makes some sense that you are going to have overlap, especially when you generalize things as you even say you did in your next post.

For instance you generalize JR and Korver to be the same, but in actuality JR is able to create his own shot quite a bit better than Korver. Korver on the other hand is an elite shooter, JR is not, and attracts a ton of attention (more than JR) from the defense. He also is more adept to running off screens and shooting the ball off that action than JR is...

I don't really see Green and Osman as the same. Green is a small ball 4 or even 5 and Osman is a 2/3.

Roster construction is not picking a choosing everyone that you want. If you can get Derrick Rose for the minimum, you take him. What we got for Kyrie is about as good as we could hope for, so if there is some overlap between IT and Rose, then whatever. They're both PGs, there's going to be some overlap.

Green has never played the 5 and is sure as hell not going to start now.. where did you get that idea?!

What the Cavs really miss besides a defensive PG that is able to contain penetration to a certain degree, is a god damn rim protector with atleast some kind of a shot making ability.
I'm just shocked Tristan is able to be a net positive on the floor with so little talent.

We need Zizic to pan out and there is a big possiblity it happens if given playing time, but I'm not sure I trust Lue to do that.. I'm very weary of our coach. We have a team that can be very dynamic in terms of spacing, switchability on defense, size and Lue's biggest fault is his lineups management. I really hope Lue is going to figure out how to put the best lineups on the floor and be creative and not be a square.

LeBron resurrecting Rose's career would be quite the accomplishment.
Overcoming the "Derrick Rose knees" and the "Kardashian" curses in the same season would surely be enough in the minds of the doubters to vault him over MJ.

Green has never played the 5 and is sure as hell not going to start now.. where did you get that idea?!

You can't envision a lineup that looks something like LBJ-Korver-JR-Crowder-Green? Everyone 6'6" - 6'9"?

I'm not saying he's going to be out there guarding true centers or anything like that, but I can see some lineups where LeBron and Green are the 4/5 defensively. Obviously Love makes more sense than Green in that lineup, but it's possible we experiment with a lineup like that.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."