• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Theoretically Ante Zizic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I am a fantastic rim protector. After 45 years I still have a virgin ass.

Rim very well protected.
Seems like I never even have to look at who posted a post whenever you post Lee.

Reactions: Lee
I am a fantastic rim protector. After 45 years I still have a virgin ass.

Rim very well protected.
Hate to spoil it for you buddy but in 5 years its colonoscopy time. :blue:

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I am so surprised that so many Cavs fans buy into this viewpoint. First of all, one of our Big Three (Love) also missed a game that series that we ended up losing, so that evens things up. Secondly, and more importantly, Draymond played 6 games that series, and GS went 3-3 in those 6 games...meaning the Cavs were just as likely to win when Draymond played as GS was. Can we please quit selling our own victory short? The only victory that should be sold short is 2015, when Love and Irving missed the entire series and we still won 2 games, lost a 3rd in OT, and the other 3 were all 6-point games or less in the 4th qtr before complete exhaustion set in, as we had a very short bench because our bench was starting due to the injuries!

I'll go a step further and say that last year's Finals looks worse than it really was. The worse series score possible after 5 games is 4-1. But the closest possible is 3-2, which is only a one game difference. And we totally blew Game 3. We shot 12-44 from 3, which is very abnormal from a great 3-point shooting team. Meanwhile, they shot 16-33, which was almost 10% higher than their average. And even with them shooting hot and us ice-cold, we were up with 50 seconds left. If the Cavs win that game, the series is 3-2 with every home team winning, and Game 6 in Cleveland. A series can't get much closer than that! Sure, GS deserved to win last year...it just wasn't nearly as bad as the final series score indicates.

I wouldn't say it evens things up. Love was a shell of himself that series and didn't do too much to shift the needle that series. Tristan was far more important in 2016. The difference with Draymond out was that it was a home game for Golden State with their defensive anchor. Additionally, they lost Bogut who was very good that series keeping LeBron away from the rim early on. The series if you remember was mostly home wins until that point, and home blowouts at that. I'm not saying Golden State would have 100% won game 5, but the momentum was heavily in their favour after beating us at home. They had no bigs to stretch the floor with Drummond out and their rim protection was lacking with Festus as their primary big. It's why they added Zaza, West and McGee.

I'm not saying we still didn't earn that championship. But much like Golden State, we did get some breaks in our favour. I'd say it doesn't even wash out the 2015 series because we had 2/3 top guys out the entire series while they only had one out in 2016 for just one game. And winning 2 games in a row with Draymond there is still huge. But we did catch some breaks to get us to that point. And again, some of the most amazing performances in a row. My problem was more with Lue (which is I'd say a fair point because he's only coming into his 2nd full season as a head coach) and it was LeBron/Kyrie who had probably the highest duo scoring combination within that stretch of 3 games.

Game 5 - 41 & 41. Next highest scorer was JR at 10. Love scored 2.
Game 6 - 41 & 23. Tristan and JR with 15 & 14 which was helpful at home. Love scored 7.
Game 7 - 27 (plus a triple double) & 26. JR was the next highest scorer at 12. Love scored 9.

Agree with you regarding last season. Honestly, if our big 3 played the way they did in the 2017 playoffs as they did in 2016 or 2015, I'd say we could have swept the non-KD Warriors team. If we added Jeff Green, D-Wade, Derrick Rose and maybe a big to that roster without losing Kyrie, we probably could beat Golden State as is. But IT with Crowder and Zizic plus the potential to add another Allstar at the break is better than just Kyrie so I'm not mad.

Either way, I feel our team is much more capable and to get back on topic I'm hoping Lue gives the young Z some burn to get into game shape because I feel like he can contribute to our team staying healthy through the season in a way Frye can't. We do not have any bigs who are willing to do the dirty work, and If feel Ante will be perfect for that. Ty does scare me with some of the things he's done so far, but I think if he sees Wade at the starting 2 doesn't work and Love at the C doesn't work, he'll make some changes as required.

Hate to spoil it for you buddy but in 5 years its colonoscopy time. :blue:

There is a guy who hangs around the corner that gives me a free colonoscopy weekly. Really nice guy, says proctology is more of a hobby than profession, but who cares, the price is right.

Wanna grab a drink sometime?
let-me-get-you-a-drink.jpg

Reactions: mds
There is a guy who hangs around the corner that gives me a free colonoscopy weekly. Really nice guy, says proctology is more of a hobby than profession, but who cares, the price is right.
Do you get the combo package as well?

I thought @The Oi lived in PA?

You should give the rim a chance. You may like it more than you think.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."