• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Draft - June 21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I can see the bulls taking him 1st if they win the lotto. They lack playmaking and they could plug him in next to lavine and have a nice mix of savvy and athletic options

I can see Doncic being the most polarizing guy in a long time, specially if he goes ahead of all the rare athletic freaks who the casual fan has spent the season watching in the NCAAs. Insane skills though.

I really want us to pick Doncic.. such an easy guy to root for.

I don't really care if he becomes the best or 3rd best player in this draft, having a franchise guy that is so skilled and yet so humble and easy to root for is something that I'm craving for.
His floor is really high and he is the last guy I fear of busting out.. at worst he is a good starter.

His confidence at 18 is such through the roof. His orientation in space, vision and passing ability is insanely developed already. The confidence and progression in his jumpshot whether it's from midrange or a step back 3 off the dribble is huge and his rebounding is for real. He just knows how to position himself and he gets tons of contested rebounds.. he is a really good rebounder.

Now our job is to pray the Nets suck. PLEASE BASKETBALL GODS.

Was interesting to see him go to the post for an and-1 in that highlight video. Was under the impression that he doesn't really have a post game, but maybe that's something he's developing. At 6'8"-6'9" ~230 lbs he's obviously a big matchup problem for most guards in the post.

Was interesting to see him go to the post for an and-1 in that highlight video. Was under the impression that he doesn't really have a post game, but maybe that's something he's developing. At 6'8"-6'9" ~230 lbs he's obviously a big matchup problem for most guards in the post.

He was just measured 6'6.5 barefoot... so he is probably 6'8 with shoes.. and he will definitely has a post up game that is only going to get better.

Did they measure weight/wingspan too? Or just height?

Actually i'm not sure what to make of it. It was just discussed in a forum and no one brought up anything official.
His height was the only thing being discussed.

I would take it with a grain of salt and wait for the NBA measurements or anything official.

Doncic kicks off his Euroleague MVP campaign with 27 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

27 points is a new career high for him. For comparison, Porzingis's Euroleague career high was 20, Rubio's was 19, and Saric's was 19.

EDIT: Full highlights

No way this dude is only 18! I need to see a birth certificate or something!!

Every time I watch Doncic, I get a bit more impressed with his (sneaky?) Good body control. Not to say he needs to be James harden to be successful, but he needs to be able to play through contact to be great with his somewhat limited athleticism.

Doncic is the guy i want in the draft, but is he going to be the first pick, or will he slide to availability depending on the NCAA tournament? I don't follow NCAA basketball so i am not sure how much the tournament impacts people's perceptions.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."