• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Browns Regular Season

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Whoa there. Osweiler? They got him for the pick and he's in no way a perfect bridge QB. Don't think Kizer is a lost cause. I do agree that we should have someone else call plays.

Having a young qb watch helps, especially on a bad team..look at Goff this year.

And Brock is perfect, he is a vet, can take a beating, on your team, but not good enough to be a road block for a young qb.

Aside from you, I feel like I'm talking to myself about Howard Wilson. The dude should be able to practice tomorrow; you'd think the media would ask a damn question about his progress. But no, we get this from Grossi.

Professional.

There's times when I really like Grossi, and then there's times when he's fucking full of himself.

I guess he was one of the guys that tried to chase the greatest coach in my lifetime out of town.

i think he's just flat out miserable covering this franchise and I think it's time that we get some fresh blood in this town media wise.

These are the results of what they are doing though lol. What should the results be lol? We are in the stage of the process where there will be a lot of losses. It's an extreme tank job. Looks like it's going according to plan.
This team is getting worse every week. It's not going as planned.

Having a young qb watch helps, especially on a bad team..look at Goff this year.

And Brock is perfect, he is a vet, can take a beating, on your team, but not good enough to be a road block for a young qb.
Just think if they kept him and didn't draft Kizer. We would have the top QB in this years draft and another starter from the Kizer pick.

This team is getting worse every week. It's not going as planned.

I was talking more of big picture.

I agree on having that vet QB. Just not Brock. He's still developing himself to be that bridge guy.

I was talking more of big picture.

I agree on having that vet QB. Just not Brock. He's still developing himself to be that bridge guy.

Obviously McCowen is perfect but he wasnt on the roster. Brock would do in a pinch imo.

This season wouldn't be so bad if Hue didn't call plays in the first place. It's like he forgets this team is structured to run the ball. We're just more likely to turn the ball over on passing plays whether it be Kizer making mistakes or the receivers all having broken hands literally and figuratively.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why is this thread still so active

The 2017 regular season is over

Tank thread is that way

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/920685731365998592

Hue Jackson be like

1*snTXFElFuQLSFDnvZKJ6IA.png

Reactions: Lee
Hogan did almost come out for ribs during the game. I don't see why this is somehow a black mark against Jackson.

Reactions: Lee
It's almost like a scrambling QB doesn't work in the NFL.

Just think if they kept him and didn't draft Kizer. We would have the top QB in this years draft and another starter from the Kizer pick.

The Kizer AND Kessler selections by this front office are a bit baffling given what it Looks like they're trying to do. Kessler more so since he he was a reach in the 3rd and rather obviously had a ceiling as a good backup. That to me is a luxury pick, not something you use a 3rd round pick on.

Kizer in the 2nd, okay that was a flyer. They graded him high; the board said he was too good to pass up on at that slot. Perhaps, but the long-term strategy essentially dictated that finding out if he was legit in Year 1 was pretty much a necessity, and this is a 21 year old kid who the book said had a lot of work to do. So either you were married to developing him, warts and all, in which case why were you rolling with a guy your coach seems to hate (Kessler) and Kevin Hogan as the only alternatives? Or you're not married to him; he was always a flyer and you were prepared to try another QB in the draft UNLESS Kizer blew you away with his abilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Kizer pick wasn't a bad one....

....for any other team.

But the Browns are not the Green Bay Packers or Denver Broncos, so therefore he's not in the most ideal situation. You can't let him sit on the bench or even when he's put into the line up? You have the worst receiving corp in pro football as his receiving options. Plus a ground game that's very average at best.

The book is not closed on him yet, but man...we really didn't do him any favors.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."