• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome 8th Pick from Brooklyn

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meaningless poll, but lets play....where will the pick end up after the lottery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would you trade a young, cornerstone talent like Anthony Davis under multiple years control for a pick you hope turns out like Anthony Davis whose probability is nowhere near certain.

Also, comparing apples to apples, yes I would much rather prefer Davis over Cousins heads up. But when considering the scenario's entirety, where its main considerations on my part being the following...

First, Cousins gives REAL match up problems against Golden State with his 3point. stretch the court, inside out game a 5 must come out and guard which fits the Cavs perfectly.

Second, Cousins is a top 3 center in the league, LeBron called him #1. Love is a top 10 PF. To get Davis you must subtract Love. I'd rather have a top 3 center and a top 10 PF, versus a top 2 PF only in Davis.

In some other years, might push this thread to Around the NBA.

This year, I wonder if it should be stickied. :chuckle:

The Nets are just terrible, but there is a very competitive race to the bottom. So many horrible teams.

Yeah - going to be hard for any team that is trying to win basketball games to be worse than the Bulls or Suns.

On the bright side, Indiana/Atlanta/Orlando won and looked reasonably competent. So I think the odds of Brooklyn being one of the three worst teams is going up.

Yeah of course, the Pels will trade away a 24 year old once-in-a-generation player who's under contract till 2021...
He didn’t say that

He said that’s the TYPE of guy he’d trade it for

I personally think Cousins is better than AD but since he’s a head Case no one admits it.

I’d trade that Brooklyn pick Shumpert Frye and whatever else it takes to make salary match for Cousins right now.

Not giving up Love in a Cousins deal since Cousins contract is up this year

Thread is not going anywhere, that's for sure. It is a primary focus of attention until traded or picked, and probably of more interest than almost anything other than health of roster, health of GS roster, and trade not involving the pick.

Stickied threads often get much less attention than deserved, so will just leave here until further notice. Looking forward to magic number updates within thread. I am disappointed in all of you that there hasn't been one yet. :chuckle:

Well that didn’t take long. Brooklyn will be the worst team in the league.

So many potentially horrible teams this year. I really think at his point, the Bulls have the highest potential for the worst record. Which doesn't ensure them the first pick, but still it's going to be an absolute race to the bottom between Brooklyn, Chicago, and Phoenix

The teams I can't figure out are the teams with bad talent but decent to good coaches: Orlando(Vogel), Sacramento(Joerger), Atlanta(Bud), and Dallas(Carlisle)

Bulls, PHoenix and then the Nets imo.. but everything is fine by me.

Phoenix looked awful last night - and I agree they are on this list (i put them there).

But it's a little confusing to me: Eric Bledsoe is by far the best player on any of these three teams. Warren/Booker have talent. Chandler/Dudley are legit vets.

They have way more talent than either Chicago/Brooklyn. But they never play like it.

Phoenix looked awful last night - and I agree they are on this list (i put them there).

But it's a little confusing to me: Eric Bledsoe is by far the best player on any of these three teams. Warren/Booker have talent. Chandler/Dudley are legit vets.

They have way more talent than either Chicago/Brooklyn. But they never play like it.

On a top 4 seeded team, Bledsoe needs to be your 4th or 5th player. Not best. He's good, but streaky. Their just so young and at the moment, no one on their roster has emerged as a player who profiles to be a top3 player on a good playoff team when they reach their prime. From what I've seen so far, there is a good chance that Booker, Jackson, Warren, Chriss, Len, and Bender all range somewhere between busts, high level role players, or at best someone you'd want to be your 3rd best player (once they reach their prime) if you aspire to be a top4 seed.

On a top 4 seeded team, Bledsoe needs to be your 4th or 5th player. Not best. He's good, but streaky. Their just so young and at the moment, no one on their roster has emerged as a player who profiles to be a top3 player on a good playoff team when they reach their prime. From what I've seen so far, there is a good chance that Booker, Jackson, Warren, Chriss, Len, and Bender all range somewhere between busts, high level role players, or at best someone you'd want to be your 3rd best player (once they reach their prime) if you aspire to be a top4 seed.

Where did I say they were a top 4 seeded team?

I said "they have too much talent to be the worst team in the NBA" - that seems like a different bar.

Where did I say they were a top 4 seeded team?

I said "they have too much talent to be the worst team in the NBA" - that seems like a different bar.
Just commenting and piggybacking to your post in general. Wasn't meant as a rebuttal at all. More of a quick "State of the Suns rebuild" in my opinion. Basically saying, 3-4 years into their rebuild, they're screwed if they don't add someone who projects to be an actual elite talent.

Just commenting and piggybacking to your post in general. Wasn't meant as a rebuttal at all. More of a quick "State of the Suns rebuild" in my opinion. Basically saying, 3-4 years into their rebuild, they're screwed if they don't add someone who projects to be an actual elite talent.

Agreed.

Yeah of course, the Pels will trade away a 24 year old once-in-a-generation player who's under contract till 2021...

You guys are trying to be smart asses while missing the point.

The pick is too valuable to be trading for guys like Demarcus Cousins IMO. That is my stance and I hope the FO's stance as well.

Yes, Anthony Davis is under contract.....the point I am making is, I'm only trading this draft pick for a top 10 player (at this point).

With L:in going down, this pick is a LOCK to be top 3 IMO and if I'm giving up one of Doncic, Porter, Ayton, I am DAMN SURE getting a cornerstone player like Davis or I'm keeping the selection.

With L:in going down, this pick is a LOCK to be top 3 IMO.

That's a bad opinion, since even if Brooklyn is the worst team in the NBA the pick is still not a LOCK to be top 3.

In fact, the most probable pick you get is the #4 pick. 35.7% chance overall.

Unless you can control ping-pong balls with your mind.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."