• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-18 Cleveland Indians Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm not advocating at all that they trade Kipnis. In fact, I was highly critical of the move to put him in CF and felt that Urshela and Diaz hadn't earned the right to play every day. However, with both Tito and Antonetti being non-committal about having Kip return to 2B, I believe it's fair to speculate whether the Tribe will look to deal him this winter.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

It's not that it's impossible Kip gets traded, but we would be selling him cheap cause of a bad year and if Santana resigns and we retain Brantley then I think this group will want to play one more year together before everyone parts ways and with Kipnis having team options his value after a good season, we would be able to get the young arms needed to replace the guys we lost. 50% of the 17 roster will be gone by 19, but we will likely have almost all of them back in 18.

We will keep Kipnis due to loyalty rather than anything else and hope that this core will finish what they started. So guys like Yandy get the short end of the stick. In 19 when that group is gone, then guys like Kipnis may end up getting traded to allow the next group to step in and keep this organization moving forward.

Chris Rose of MLB Network was on 92.3 this afternoon and said he’s heard from people within the Tribe organization that Jose Ramirez has no interest in returning to 3B next season. It should be interesting to see how Tito and the front office handle the situation if that is indeed the case.

If Santana does not re-sign then is it possible to have Kip play 1st, JRam 2nd, then Yandy/Gio 3rd? I really don't want him in outfield but I also like JRam at 2nd with an opportunity for Diaz at 3rd. Kip had a bad season and I fully expect him to bounce back.

If Santana does not re-sign then is it possible to have Kip play 1st, JRam 2nd, then Yandy/Gio 3rd? I really don't want him in outfield but I also like JRam at 2nd with an opportunity for Diaz at 3rd. Kip had a bad season and I fully expect him to bounce back.

I think they would have Encarnacion play 1B primarily and have Kip DH before making Kip the everyday first baseman.

Chris Rose of MLB Network was on 92.3 this afternoon and said he’s heard from people within the Tribe organization that Jose Ramirez has no interest in returning to 3B next season. It should be interesting to see how Tito and the front office handle the situation if that is indeed the case.
I'd probably be much more receptive to this if Stinky P didnt come up empty when we needed him most

You can make demands when you aren't indistinguishable from Michael Martinez in the playoffs...

Interesting. Did he mention the reasoning behind it? He has always been such a versatile player and never seemed to mind being moved around. Curious to hear differently.

4-5 months is just in time for him to behind everyone else in spring training again.

I'd probably be much more receptive to this if Stinky P didnt come up empty when we needed him most

You can make demands when you aren't indistinguishable from Michael Martinez in the playoffs...
Lol ok guys. You're right. The best time for a guy to be making demands about where he plays is after he completely let us down in the playoffs. How could I have been so foolish

Even more important now to bring back Bruce.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

If I'm the Indians I'm getting our old friend Mark Shapiro on the phone to see what Josh Donaldson would cost. He'll be 32 on opening day entering the final year of his deal, which makes him a trade candidate. He'd fit at 3B, allow JRam to stay at 2B, and add more middle of the order pop to the lineup.

If I'm the Indians I'm getting our old friend Mark Shapiro on the phone to see what Josh Donaldson would cost. He'll be 32 on opening day entering the final year of his deal, which makes him a trade candidate. He'd fit at 3B, allow JRam to stay at 2B, and add more middle of the order pop to the lineup.
Sorry, but I don't think he is a locker room guy you want. Just this past Monday I happened to ask the brother of a Blue Jay player if Bautista is an asshole. He said that he has heard nothing bad about him and his brother hangs with him. BUT, he said there were issues with Josh. I didn't even ask, he brought that up himself. No details but just some insight. Again, this is second hand info and take it for what it's worth. No press releases please, I need to protect my anonymous sauces. LOL!!!

Just don't pick up the option and be done with it

He's beyond done

I am not that worried about Brantley at the end of the day. He missed an entire year and still hit .299. He has an option for one more season and I think they will take it. Now that being said if we don't sign Santana, it's possible him or Chisenhall will be moved to 1B for next season if we do not go and get another 1B.

Now I don't think we will resign him once his contract is up, but for one more season actually makes too much sense to skip on and he isn't really going to miss anymore than he did last season for spring training so I am not sure why people are saying he is done.

Sorry, but I don't think he is a locker room guy you want. Just this past Monday I happened to ask the brother of a Blue Jay player if Bautista is an asshole. He said that he has heard nothing bad about him and his brother hangs with him. BUT, he said there were issues with Josh. I didn't even ask, he brought that up himself. No details but just some insight. Again, this is second hand info and take it for what it's worth. No press releases please, I need to protect my anonymous sauces. LOL!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...confidence-inner-edge-al-mvp-candidate-092115

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."