• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Let's Talk about Jesus Christ, Creation, and Whether You Believe or Not

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skyscraper

Rookie
Reaction score
I will gladly engage in this thread with whoever and about whatever as long as it pertains to the topic and also, this thread exchange can not result in a ban.

So, if we can all talk cordially and respectably, that would be great. No insults, no sarcasm. But let's keep it respectful and honest and we can have a great conversation.

Last edited:
I will gladly engage in this thread with whoever and about whatever as long as it pertains to the topic and also, this thread exchange can not result in a ban.

So, if we can all talk cordially and respectably, that would be great. No insults, no sarcasm. But let's keep it respectful and honest and we can have a great conversation.

I don't believe in Creation as it's laid out in the Bible because I have no reason to believe the story in a literal sense. There's no evidence to suggest it's true, and we have evidence as to how the universe and our species came into being.

Do you disagree?

"The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false."

-Thomas Aquinas

Creationist claim: "how can something come from nothing?"

I unequivocally believe in evolution.

I have absolutely no issue with people who are religious. It's their right to believe in whatever they choose believe in. Personally, I believe in science.
I have a problem when young earth creationists offer their "belief" and evidence (the bible) as reason enough to fight for policy changes that teach their worldview in science classes.

I don't need to believe in evolution and the big bang as they are not beliefs but theories with increasing bodies of evidence to the point where they are now facts. If no one believed in evolution it would still exist

Beliefs require the absence of evidence otherwise it would not be a belief. If no one believed in creation it would not exist

I've never understood the point of the argument. It's like arguing what's better a ruler or a pencil. They are completely separate things. Ones taught in science the other in theology and that's how it should stay and everyone can be happy, right?:)

I don't believe in Creation as it's laid out in the Bible because I have no reason to believe the story in a literal sense. There's no evidence to suggest it's true, and we have evidence as to how the universe and our species came into being.

Do you disagree?
Yes.

Do you disagree that science is studying the observable?

Oh this should be good. Let's argue about imaginary friends and fairy tales.

Can we just ban the guy and be done with it before the shitstorm starts?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."