• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Triple H always fucking going over. Now. Then. Forever.

The nostalgia of it was fine the first time, but at this point I have zero desire to see a decrepit, soon-to-be 49 year old, Kurt Angle wrestle another match.

Ya he looked a little rough. Moved like Vinnie Mac in the mid 2000s. Hopefully he gets his last WM moment and its over.

He looked completely winded after the first German...

The nostalgia of it was fine the first time, but at this point I have zero desire to see a decrepit, soon-to-be 49 year old, Kurt Angle wrestle another match.
HHH vs Angle at Mania, Kurt will get the moment Sting never got.

They really should have had Lesnar/Styles on last. Having it second to last made it abundantly clear who was winning (we all assumed Lesnar anyway, but the placement guaranteed it), which sucked a lot of drama out of an otherwise great match.

Plus, the main event was fucking bad. It started out strong and had a lot of promise, but they killed the crowd by having Nakamura and Roode get eliminated so early. That really sucked the life out of the latter two-thirds of the match. And the ending was just fucking dumb. A match like this is really going to come down to Triple H, Angle, and Shane? Two part-timers and a non-wrestler? Come the fuck on.

I know Strowman was there too, but he was completely uninvolved in the ending. It was nice seeing him destroy Triple H after.

I do wish WWE would just turn Triple H face and have him play an on-screen mentor role to NXT guys. I think that would be a much better use of his character at this point. He's just gotten so boring as a heel because he's been a heel for like a decade now.

They really should have had Lesnar/Styles on last. Having it second to last made it abundantly clear who was winning (we all assumed Lesnar anyway, but the placement guaranteed it), which sucked a lot of drama out of an otherwise great match.

Plus, the main event was fucking bad. It started out strong and had a lot of promise, but they killed the crowd by having Nakamura and Roode get eliminated so early. That really sucked the life out of the latter two-thirds of the match. And the ending was just fucking dumb. A match like this is really going to come down to Triple H, Angle, and Shane? Two part-timers and a non-wrestler? Come the fuck on.

I know Strowman was there too, but he was completely uninvolved in the ending. It was nice seeing him destroy Triple H after.

I do wish WWE would just turn Triple H face and have him play an on-screen mentor role to NXT guys. I think that would be a much better use of his character at this point. He's just gotten so boring as a heel because he's been a heel for like a decade now.

I think the more perfect SS match would have been either no NXT guys in the match only to have Triple H come out with Finn, Braun, Joe, Shin and Roode to start beating the hell out of Raw and Smackdown, which would have changed the match to SD/Raw/NXT. Tons of guys weren't used.

That or just straight up NXT guys to fuck up the finish.

I'm watching Wrestle Kingdom 12. Who knew Jericho had a match like this left in him? Dude was just on fire, and had his cocky heel character dialed up to eleven. Within the first five minutes of the match he slaps the ref and puts the ref's son in the Lion Tamer. So fucking good.

It's a testament to how WWE holds guys like Jericho and Rey Mysterio back that we all think they're basically done, then they go to other promotions and tear the house down.

Last edited:
I'm watching Wrestle Kingdom 12. Who knew Jericho had a match like thios left in him? Dude was just on fire, and had his cocky heel character dialed up to eleven. Within the first five minutes of the match he slaps the ref and puts the ref's son in the Lion Tamer. So fucking good.

It's a testament to how WWE holds guys like Jericho and Rey Mysterio back that we all think they're basically done, then they go to other promotions and tear the house down.

I'm very surprised WK hasn't been discussed. I know the WWE can't do about 90% of what New Japan does but talk about making a 5+ hour show exciting. I mean, there's a little bit of filler but the WWE is about 10% real content and 90% filler so it's really a pretty big disparity.

Jericho was incredible though. When he flipped off the crowed after he stole the camera. So many things that just screamed amazing heel. I wish I could find that picture.

I've been catching up on NXT this week. That Dunne/Bate match...insane how good both of those guys are at such a young age. They've had three high profile WWE/NXT matches and they've delivered MOTY contenders in all of them. The fatal four way for the number one contender spot was awesome too. I also really like what they're doing with Lars Sullivan. Dude seems like another Lesnar. He's learning the business quick and he's delivered in the ring when given opportunities, like with his Takeover match against Ohno.

The sad part of watching NXT is getting to see all these guys do these amazing things, but knowing that, as soon as they're called up, their days of putting on amazing matches are basically over and it's back to the treadmill of mediocrity that is the WWE main roster.

I've been catching up on NXT this week. That Dunne/Bate match...insane how good both of those guys are at such a young age. They've had three high profile WWE/NXT matches and they've delivered MOTY contenders in all of them. The fatal four way for the number one contender spot was awesome too. I also really like what they're doing with Lars Sullivan. Dude seems like another Lesnar. He's learning the business quick and he's delivered in the ring when given opportunities, like with his Takeover match against Ohno.

The sad part of watching NXT is getting to see all these guys do these amazing things, but knowing that, as soon as they're called up, their days of putting on amazing matches are basically over and it's back to the treadmill of mediocrity that is the WWE main roster.

You fully expect Gargano to lose, and for it to be because of Ciampa, right?

So the odds for the Royal Rumble shifted significantly overnight. Daniel Bryan is now the betting favorite. Not sure if that means anything, as we're still a ways away from the actual event, but interesting nonetheless.

Going to suck for whoever comes out thirty if the odds don't change and it's not Bryan (assuming he didn't enter earlier). That dude will get annihilated.

So the odds for the Royal Rumble shifted significantly overnight. Daniel Bryan is now the betting favorite. Not sure if that means anything, as we're still a ways away from the actual event, but interesting nonetheless.

Going to suck for whoever comes out thirty if the odds don't change and it's not Bryan (assuming he didn't enter earlier). That dude will get annihilated.

I mean, we all know Roman is going to win again...

I actually think it'll be a Smackdown guy that wins the Rumble.

Raw has the Elimination Chamber PPV this year, and given how much I doubt Lesnar defends the title there, I'll bet the Chamber will be for the #1 contender's spot.

I doubt it. They don't need Roman to win the Rumble to go on to face Brock. That's inevitable. It makes more sense for a Smackdown guy to win it so it'll be at least somewhat of a surprise. If Roman wins, that Philly crowd is going to be brutal.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."