• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Okay, I mean is it something I can do without spending another 30 hours on this game? Because I hardly touched it during my playthrough and I'm guessing I have to go across some worldwide search for cards for my deck before I can win anything.

I also have to teach myself how to play because I don't remember it at all.

Yeah, you'd definitely have to do some traveling. It takes a long time to collect all the cards, and that's especially true if you didn't do it as you were playing.

Are you playing on PC?

Yeah, you'd definitely have to do some traveling. It takes a long time to collect all the cards, and that's especially true if you didn't do it as you were playing.

Are you playing on PC?

No, Xbox. Do I need "ALL" of them?

No, Xbox. Do I need "ALL" of them?

You don't need all of them, no. If you want a good shot of winning the tournament, though, you'll need most. You can get some good cards by doing the actual gwent quest, which takes you around the world to play notable gwent players, many of whom are people you meet during the main quest. Beat them and you get a special card. If any of those characters die, I believe their cards are inserted back into the pool of cards you get from beating individual shopkeepers. Each unique shopkeeper you beat drops one of those random cards.

Their are resources online that can tell you where all those shopkeepers are. There are a ton of them. You can only get one card from each vendor.

Yeah, I dunno if I'll get into the Gwent thing. But I may have to. I started crafting my Griffin Armor set that I want to be at Mastercrafted by the time I get to Blood and Wine and I am missing a lot of materials, had to spend a lot of money and it's still not even close to done.

I wish I was on PC so I could just use cheats. :chuckle:

Going to just get back to the main story of Hearts of Stone and see if I accrue more money/materials by the end of it.

Yeah, I dunno if I'll get into the Gwent thing. But I may have to. I started crafting my Griffin Armor set that I want to be at Mastercrafted by the time I get to Blood and Wine and I am missing a lot of materials, had to spend a lot of money and it's still not even close to done.

I wish I was on PC so I could just use cheats. :chuckle:

Going to just get back to the main story of Hearts of Stone and see if I accrue more money/materials by the end of it.

Yeah, after master crafting two or three sets of armor the legit way and doing it again with one of the unique sets in Blood & Wine, I just said fuck it and spawned in the materials I needed in my inventory for the rest of them. Just way too expensive to do them all legit, and that's not even taking into account that the vendors you need to buy some of the rare materials from only have so many, which means you need to meditate to pass the time until they get restocked.

I did get all the armor schematics legit, though. That was a ton of work on its own.

Call of Duty is sweet. Hopefully get to really get some playing in this long weekend!

Finally decided to get back into gaming and purchased an Xbox 1. I've got Battefield 1, Overwatch, and WWII. I'm out of town so I won't be on for a few days, but my gamertag is LukeDuke2209 if anyone wants to play.

Finally finding a little time to get back to Breath of the Wild to finish it. Hopefully I'll get through that soon.

Also picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn on Black Friday sale for $19. Stoked to play that afterwards.

Just gotta work that around my dumb Blizzard game addiction and maybe I'll finally get through this stack of games I've got piled up.

Also picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn on Black Friday sale for $19. Stoked to play that afterwards.
Same. Played it for like 3-4 hours so far and it is a gorgeous game. Not the type of game I typically buy, but I love it. Best graphics I've seen, super smooth and fun mechanics, and solid story. And I've just gotten started. I spent like an hour just taking screen shots. I might have to post some.

Ordered Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4 GOTY, and Shadow of War for like $75 total off some bomb ass black friday deals.

Got Shadow of War for $25. Can't pass that up.

WWII remains a glitch-ridden mess. It's really too bad because the gameplay itself is the best that the franchise has had in years.

For those of you that picked up Horizon, you're in for a treat. One of the best games to come out this year.

What's the glitches?

1. Numerous server and network issues (hit detection, latency spikes, poor connections, etc). No online game will be perfect, but for a game that is supposedly running on dedicated servers, it is astonishing that there are so many issues in this regard.
2. Parties get separated in games and players get put on opposite teams.
3. When in a party, players in the party are often unable to do anything in the postgame lobby (change weapons, leave, anything) because their screens are frozen black and remain that way until the next game starts.
4. Oftentimes it will take players anywhere from thirty seconds to a full two minutes to spawn into a game once it starts, leaving the other team ample time to run to their spots and dig in. You do get the unintentionally funny bonus of spectating your teammates that are lucky enough to spawn in, running around without weapons.
5. You can glitch out of the map in Point Du Hoc, an issue that Sledgehammer acknowledged when the game first came out but has yet to fix.

There are plenty of others but those are the biggest and most gamebreaking ones. It'll be a great game whenever they finally decide to fix this stuff (don't hold your breath), but right now if you're going to play it you're going to have to deal with some frustrations unrelated to actual gameplay.

EDIT: Should specify I'm playing the XB1 version of the game.

Never played Skyrim before, saw it was $20 so I'm playing this, Overwatch, and Fortnite at the moment

Never played Skyrim before, saw it was $20 so I'm playing this, Overwatch, and Fortnite at the moment

Same. Picked up the Special Edition. I've dabbled in Skyrim but never really went full force into it, so looked like a good opportunity.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."