• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Derrick Rose: Outta Here!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I can see this opening up a spot for Perk...

i'm sure the money eases the pain but to be able to fly and then have your wings clipped, to have to search for a new purpose/passion in life after you've devoted everything to achieve one goal has to be depressing. especially for men, men need a purpose

So does this mean he's pulling a Mo?

If he does decide to retire, can the Cavs not file the paperwork, essentially keeping him around to make Salaries work in a trade?
Basically the reverse Mo Williams?

Yeah they probably could, but I wish this loophole is closed in the next CBA...for both the team and player. A retired player should not be on the books, and should not be eligible to be traded.

Calderon getting minutes over Rose is huge for us. The less shumpert and rose the more dangerous the cavs will be...

Thanks D Rose for your time...

RJ’s gotta be breaking shit right about now

Rose made us worse

Hope his life goes good but our team just wasn’t for him

I really hope Rose comes back healthy and with the proper mindset. I know it's become cool to dog on him around here but he still has value for the minimum. There will be nights when Wade and/or Calderon don't have it or need to rest.

A guy like Rose who can still get buckets is crucial for a team that's had such meager bench production as the Cavs the past couple years. Provided he gets his shit straight I'd keep him on mothballs and only use him in certain situations.

I personally think this sucks.

Last edited:
I really hope this guy comes back healthy and with the proper mindset. I know it's become cool to dog on the guy around here but he still has value for the minimum. There will be nights when Wade and/or Calderon don't have it or need to rest.

A guy like Rose who can still get buckets is crucial for a team that's had such meager bench production as the Cavs the past couple years. Provided he gets his shit straight I'd keep him mothballs and only use him in certain situations.

I personally think this sucks.

As posters for better or worse we are all inconsistent in who we're patient with and who we dog for having a bad stretch.

I've tried to preach patience with so many new players and roles still jumbled because of ITs absence. So as much as I get those who look at Rose's game and question the fit or how he played so far, I would have liked to at least see him get 12-15 straight games as the backup PG once IT has returned and see what that looked like after 15 games.

But it does sound like he's mentally and physically broken. Hard at 28-29 to switch from the "franchise player" mindset you've had your whole life to working through chronic injuries just to learn how to be a min salary back up who fits into a team scheme rather than who "is the scheme"

I really hope he figures it out and can play again someday; but I doubt it will be with the Cavs.

The Cavs can't keep a spot open for him indefinitely and play a waiting game; even if you could just shelve him until the playoffs.

Hopefully they can come to an agreement both will be amicable to and prepare for the season moving forward without him. We have enough injured players as it is.

Last edited:
Our timing on these things is awful this year.

KI demands a trade a few weeks after Butler and Paul George were traded.

Rose decides he might not come back a few weeks after Bledsoe was traded.

As posters for better or worse we are all inconsistent in who we're patient with and who we dog for having a bad stretch.

I've tried to preach patience with so many new players and roles still jumbled because of ITs absence. So as much as I get those who look at Rose's game and question the fit or how he played so far, I would have liked to at least see him get 12-15 straight games as the backup PG once IT has returned and see what that looked like after 15 games.

But it does sound like he's mentally and physically broken. Hard at 28-29 to switch from the "franchise player" mindset you've had your whole life to working through chronic injuries just to learn how to be a min salary back up who fits into a team scheme rather than who "is the scheme"

I don't think the minutes restriction helped this situation. Some nights he was playing well but the minutes restriction held him out finishing the game. It's got to be hard seeing a team win or lose while you are just sitting on the bench. I think this will get sorted out. A week around family while healing up should help.

If he comes back the situation should be easier for him. The new players are more comfortable playing together now. The staff and LeBron can focus on how to add Rose's skill set to the offense. Spreading Rose's minutes should be easier with Calderon holding down some PG minutes untill IT comes back.

I don't think the minutes restriction helped this situation. Some nights he was playing well but the minutes restriction held him out finishing the game. It's got to be hard seeing a team win or lose while you are just sitting on the bench. I think this will get sorted out. A week around family while healing up should help.

If he comes back the situation should be easier for him. The new players are more comfortable playing together now. The staff and LeBron can focus on how to add Rose's skill set to the offense. Spreading Rose's minutes should be easier with Calderon holding down some PG minutes untill IT comes back.

Don't see how this can possibly be true. Even when playing, the team has been better with him off the floor. His only potential role is as an instant offense guy off the bench, benchut he's not good enough to do it every night, and the Cavs already have a guy in a similar role who's just better at it.

Now with Jose (shockingly) playing decently, and IT coming back, there are just not minutes for him. The other night, Lue went 10 deep without IT, Shump and TT. I don't see any argument for him to play over those 13 players.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."