• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-18 Cleveland Indians Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Lol nvm it was a pedophile joke!
Hmm... username is "sportscoach..."

10545292-large.jpg

Hoping Tribe goes after a couple of these prospects

Obviously, landing Maitan would be a huge coup. I think he needed a change of scenery bad anyways, since the Braves entitled him and then he got a little chunky, and he began to work less on his game because of it.

But I would be more than okay with finding a way with landing one of the lesser guys, mostly Yunior Severino, Ju-Hwan Bae, Yefri Del Rosario, or Abrahan Gutierrez.

Indians manage to land one of those 5 somehow, I'll be very happy.

I am not familiar with any of these guys.. lol Beliveau had a good season a couple years ago, but has not had a good majors career, but has been a solid minor league lefty.

Campos was a righty that got to the bigs quickly from when he was drafty but never did well/stayed in the pros

Maggi has been a career minor league utility guy, with decent defense in the minors. I don’t expect a Hannahan out of him since that would be a stretch for him to improve that much lol

Last two guys the Indians took fliers on that were RHPs that throw exclusively FB/SL like Campos does:

Jeff Manship: 82.2 IP, 2.07 ERA, 1.11 WHIP
Nick Goody: 54.2 IP, 2.80 ERA, 1.08 WHIP

I still think he will be back. Him and Slamtana are a package deal.

He may not be back since he didn't like it all that much here and the fans didn't help the matter since they had a tendency to hate him even though he was one of the better relievers in the game whether or not they want to accept that or not.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/nationals-not-expected-to-re-sign-jayson-werth.html

What do guys think about bring in a Jason Werth for one of the final bench spots? We are likely going to be able to get him fairly cheap base with incentives. He is a veteran that probably is looking to finish his career with a good team so it would mutually make sense in a lot of ways.

If they can bring back Austin Jackson, that's probably all they need as far as RHH outfielders.

Werth has been abysmal defensively for the last few years too. You'd have to expect him to miss a good handful of games due to injury as well.

There's probably many others I'd prefer on the cheap.

If they can bring back Austin Jackson, that's probably all they need as far as RHH outfielders.

Werth has been abysmal defensively for the last few years too. You'd have to expect him to miss a good handful of games due to injury as well.

There's probably many others I'd prefer on the cheap.

He would mostly just play against LH pitchers which his career numbers are actually really good against. He’s like a .293 with a like a .393 OBP if I remember correctly. He wouldn’t need to play everyday so that gets around the injury probably.

I mean I expect at his age the defense to go down. I was just figuring we bring in a veteran guy like him to get the last spot on the roster. He’s a well liked player around the league and fits the mold of that savvy veteran Francona likes on the roster. Also we do lack RH bats and he does still have some power left. Not my first choice probably either but if we sign him, it would be a smart move in my mind

I mean if you look at our Current OF projection Kipnis, Zimmer, Chisenhall/Brantley and Guyer. Kipnis isn’t a great hitter against lefties, Chisenhall and Zimmer don’t hit against lefties much. We need a RH bat, and I’d rather go with a Jackson or Werth in the lineup than a Rule 5/Rookie. Jackson’s going to look for a multi year deal and I don’t think that is in the cards for the Indians for him. Werth will sign a one year wth incentives

Which guys do you think we should target?

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."