• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Soccer/Football Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have heard, some are not surprised at the move cos from an attendance perspective the Crew is not in the top half. I am not surprised he wants to move and i am surprised at the choice of Austin. Didnt they have some soccer team a while back that folded and also the other Texas teams Houston and Dallas also have subpar attendance rivaling that of the Crew ?

Also as far as FC Cincinnati goes - they are in the second division not MLS. So the tickets are guaranteed to be cheaper. If they jump into MLS i am sure their ticket prices will increase as well and i dont know if that will have an impact on attendance.

Idk if this is right but my boss told me that the owner signed a 10 year deal or something in Columbus with the one exception being he could move the team to Austin. But Again not sure if that's right.

That's a good point about attendance and prices. MLS will always struggle in certain markets because few want to see a second tier product when the best leagues and teams an players are largely in Europe.

Idk if this is right but my boss told me that the owner signed a 10 year deal or something in Columbus with the one exception being he could move the team to Austin. But Again not sure if that's right.

That's a good point about attendance and prices. MLS will always struggle in certain markets because few want to see a second tier product when the best leagues and teams an players are largely in Europe.

I think your boss may be right about the Austin thing. I heard that as well.

World Cup draw

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...raw-results-all-the-groups-and-full-schedule/

I think the Group of Death is E, Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Coratia

Had USA gone to playoff and beaten Australia, they'd be with France, Peru, Denmark

Had they gotten the last guaranteed spot, they would've Belguim, Tunisia, England

Would've been tough to advance either way.

True, but atleast they will be in the world cup. I am shocked that Panama is in and we are not. Embarrassing.

World Cup draw

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...raw-results-all-the-groups-and-full-schedule/

I think the Group of Death is E, Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Coratia

Had USA gone to playoff and beaten Australia, they'd be with France, Peru, Denmark

Had they gotten the last guaranteed spot, they would've Belguim, Tunisia, England

Would've been tough to advance either way.

tumblr_n1xp29XGtP1rlb6iho1_400.gif

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

First Lebron, now CR7.
It's been a rough month for my Fandom.
Wouldn't have been as upset if he went to PSG.

This is what happens when your international team has been together forever, has a bunch of players that play on the same squad or in the same league, and has a consistent message for what the team should look like.

Good win for Croatia. Good win for France. I am wicked excited for the Final. Two golden generations going head-to-head.

Easy choice for me who to root for in the Finals. I really like France, but...

Croatia - 4 million people
France - 70 million people

Croatia was once a direct part of France.

Will it be owned by them once again?

Anyone doing fantasy Premier League?

Looking like Columbus Crew getting a tv deal with Fox Sports Ohio. I’ll probably check them out. MLS sucks though

Looking like Columbus Crew getting a tv deal with Fox Sports Ohio. I’ll probably check them out. MLS sucks though

Makes sense, they had a FSO deal before there old ownership group tried to move the team to Austin and signed a garbage TV deal in the mean time that just broadcast around Columbus.

MLS isn't the quality of the the top European leagues by any means but it's light years better then it was even 15 years ago. The league will still sign some over the hill stars that flair out but they've made much more of an effort to search for the young South American stars, look at Atlanta United who just won last year with a team that they could eventually sell some players and sustain their success. If nothing else check out the Crew though they are usually pretty good and have some local connections obviously with Haslams and there new coach Caleb Porter was the coach at Akron when they won a National Championship, it'll be interesting to see if the Cleveland connections get stronger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."