• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-18 Cleveland Indians Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Surprised there aren't really any rumors between the Red Sox and Hosmer, obviously not great news if they're zeroing in on Santana

From MLB Trade Rumors:

Though MLBTR initially predicted that Santana would sign a three-year, $45MM contract with the Indians, the two sides weren’t able to work out a deal before Santana rejected their qualifying offer. The initial market for him seems fairly strong, and with his relative youth so many teams already in the mix, the original prediction now appears to be on the low side. Though the presence of Eric Hosmer and Logan Morrison on the market could limit his earning power, I’m guessing Santana will get a four-year deal worth no less than $60MM.

Any prospect not named Mejia or McKenzie should be on the table for Ozuna. He would be the absolute perfect addition to this lineup, and the Tribe would have him under control for two seasons of his prime years.

Any prospect not named Mejia or McKenzie should be on the table for Ozuna. He would be the absolute perfect addition to this lineup, and the Tribe would have him under control for two seasons of his prime years.

I'd make Mejia or McKenzie available for Yelich. He's a better fit than Ozuna....

Disagree on Yelich being a better fit, our OF has a ton of lefties already (Brantley, Zimmer, Chisenhall, Naquin) along with Kipnis (wherever he plays) and likely whoever plays 1B next year, if Santana leaves.

If you're confident Ozuna can reproduce his 2017 season, I'd take him over Yelich. Better and likely a decent amount cheaper.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."