• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sounds like you haven't watched..... at all.
I can safely say I watch more CFB than most people here.

And I don't mean highlight clips on youtube. I mean watching games.

I've watched plenty of both. I'm fully aware of how they play and the circumstances around them.

I can safely say I watch more CFB than most people here.

And I don't mean highlight clips on youtube. I mean watching games.

I've watched plenty of both. I'm fully aware of how they play and the circumstances around them.
Hmm. When I asked you who else you liked in the B1G outside of OSU players you didn't have an answer.

Hmm. When I asked you who else you liked in the B1G outside of OSU players you didn't have an answer.
You asked an incredibly vague question somewhere along the lines of "what B1G players do you like more than OSU players"

I responded by saying something about Ward seeming to be the top CB and Hubbard going in the 1st...though Michigan has some Hurst and good players on their DL as well. Forgot if I mentioned Price but he seems to be the #1 C. After that there was nobody worthy of mentioning for this draft. So I'm not sure what you were expecting, do you really expect me to make a comprehensive list of every single player in the B1G I like more than an OSU player at every single position? Because I'm not going to waste my time doing that. I tried my best to give you a reasonable answer by mentioning the top guys.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Right, stats don't show you that Rosen's teammates hate him.
Perhaps that is why WRs never got open and dropped an unthinkable amount of passes...and why the OL didn't block for him...you may be onto something here!

Here we go again...

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as
noun
  1. the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

Right, stats don't show you that Rosen's teammates hate him.

I googled "Josh Rosen's teammates" looking for articles about this, but basically all the articles were about his teammates defending him or liking him. When I google "Josh Rosen's teammates hate him" all I get are message board and forum posts saying that there are reports that say so. Do you have a link to any of these actual reports of his teammates saying they don't like him?

I googled "Josh Rosen's teammates" looking for articles about this, but basically all the articles were about his teammates defending him or liking him. When I google "Josh Rosen's teammates hate him" all I get are message board and forum posts saying that there are reports that say so. Do you have a link to any of these actual reports of his teammates saying they don't like him?

McShay said he's been hearing that kind of stuff too and that we should expect more to come as the Mora coaching staff is no longer at UCLA. I haven't found anything that directly seems to indicate he's Bo Callahan.

McShay said he's been hearing that kind of stuff too and that we should expect more to come as the Mora coaching staff is no longer at UCLA. I haven't found anything that directly seems to indicate he's Bo Callahan.
McShay may just be bullshitting, but More & co being fired actually should be a good thing for us. I would think that would mean we'd get "the real" from them. They have no reason to gas him up since they aren't still at UCLA. Of course TMZ (I mean ESPN) automatically jumps to the conclusion that Mora will shit on Rosen...either way, one would think we'd get a pretty accurate picture from them.

No, just McShay-related items confirming whispers that have floated for awhile now. @Soda alluded it to it above.

No, just McShay-related items confirming whispers that have floated for awhile now. @Soda alluded it to it above.

It's not just McShay though. Almost every draft analyst has been saying the same thing for a while now.

When it comes to these personality questions, fans have to have a little faith in Dorsey and all the time he will have in research for himself. That goes for Rosen, Mayfield, and every other prospect the team is looking at in day one and two.

Remember last year, there were a bunch of rumors about Reuben Foster that he was abusive and had bad shoulders. Those rumors dropped him out of the first round until the past pick, but by the end of this season he's going to be called a top five to ten pick in a redraft. Rumors about top talent can get blown out of proportion every year.

Honest question, what does Rosen or any other quarterback, do better than Mayfield? The only rebuttal I keep hearing is he's short or grabs his crotch. Nothing else. What happens if he does check out at 6'1. Is that still to small? We all know who gets through their reads the quickest, makes the right decisions , doesn't turn the ball over, has the best accuracy, has one of the best qbr's we have ever seen...has plenty of arm. Doesn't get injured, and is the one still playing for a championship. Is it really just all because he's not 6'4?

Last edited:
Honest question, what does Rosen or any other quarterback, do better than Mayfield? The only rebuttal I keep hearing is he's short or grabs his crotch. Nothing else. What happens if he does check out at 6'1. Is that still to small? We all know who gets through their reads the quickest, makes the right decisions , doesn't turn the ball over, has the best accuracy, has one of the best qbr's we have ever seen...has plenty of arm. Doesn't get injured, and is the one still playing for a championship. Is it really just all because he's not 6'4?

Some people don't like the offense he plays in. They say it's too simplistic and he'll have a difficult time adjusting to more complex NFL systems that don't scheme players wide open.

Some folks don't like his attitude. The general concensus is that Mayfield a red ass and that can turn some people off.

Others aren't thrilled with the fact he has an alcohol-related arrest.

There are individuals who think he's too short and too small to take the beating that comes with being a QB.

So on and so forth...

Some people don't like the offense he plays in. They say it's too simplistic and he'll have a difficult time adjusting to more complex NFL systems that don't scheme players wide open.

Some folks don't like his attitude. The general concensus is that Mayfield a red ass and that can turn some people off.

Others aren't thrilled with the fact he has an alcohol-related arrest.

There are individuals who think he's too short and too small to take the beating that comes with being a QB.

So on and so forth...

So mainly nothing skill related? Moreso the offense he was in or off the field stuff? Does anyone feel Rosen is more skilled?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."