• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yeah but the backcourt of IT, JR and Lebron offsets that, unless Cedi can squeeze right in instead of LBJ.

IT (some people go for the baby face)... unless you wanna add Calderon here? :shrugs:
Cedi
Korver
Love
Thompson

Might be the best looking lineup. My wife's best friend got a mad crush on Shumpert though so take that for what it's worth.

IT (some people go for the baby face)... unless you wanna add Calderon here? :shrugs:
Cedi
Korver
Love
Thompson

Might be the best looking lineup. My wife's best friend got a mad crush on Shumpert though so take that for what it's worth.

Yeah, chicks love shumpert for some reason man... happened with my last girlfriend. I guess they like the big ass lips? but that's just gross to me.

Anyways, IT can attract the fetish crowd and with his confidence... I wouldn't be shocked if he had a Mandingo down there, and his shoe size is also suspect.

To make this less off-topic, TT is just not a good basketball player.

I think that if teams are going to put their 5's on Crowder, I feel like a player such as Korver at the 4 is just going to destroy this defensive scheme in seconds. No big can stay with Korver on the perimeter and it's not like Crowder is rebounding that well right now. Sure, he provides better resistance against bigs in the post, but we often need to double and help him out.
Crowder just doesn't have an off the dribble game and he isn't that big of a threat from deep so you can just put a big on him and still be able to help at the rim if needed.

I'd like to see lineups with Korver at the 4 and Love at the 5.

Opposing coaches are doing this because they think they can get away with hiding their bigs on Crowder, if Korver is in the game then the bigs will assume their natural defensive duties and try to defend Love. I can't imagine a coach signing Drummond or Whiteside to go chase Korver but it would be entertaining :)

Opposing coaches are doing this because they think they can get away with hiding their bigs on Crowder, if Korver is in the game then the bigs will assume their natural defensive duties and try to defend Love. I can't imagine a coach signing Drummond or Whiteside to go chase Korver but it would be entertaining :)

Yeah, well they can get away with it so far. That's why i'm dying to see Korver play the same role as Crowder right now. From the limited times I have seen him guard the post, Korver has been a pleasant surprise. He is taller than Crowder by 2 inches so it shouldn't be that different, especially if we help Korver as much as we help Crowder/Love when they face bigger players.

Crowder and JR are our weakest links right now, if they were replaced by average starters this team would have probably looked ridiculous.

I'm not going to write Tristan off until I've seen what he can do at full health, with the team looking like contenders (like they should have at the beginning of the season), and maybe fully motivated.

He may not be a perfect offensive big man, but he KNOWS how to rebound on the offensive glass. He knows how to create space with screens. And he knows how to rim-run for easy alley-oops.

Hopefully, the "Kardashian curse" isn't a real thing and he looks like the guy he was last year...

I'm not going to write Tristan off until I've seen what he can do at full health, with the team looking like contenders (like they should have at the beginning of the season), and maybe fully motivated.

He may not be a perfect offensive big man, but he KNOWS how to rebound on the offensive glass. He knows how to create space with screens. And he knows how to rim-run for easy alley-oops.

Hopefully, the "Kardashian curse" isn't a real thing and he looks like the guy he was last year...

I agree 100%.

It's not like our starting unit has been all that great anyways.

If Kyrie, JR, LBJ, Love, and TT can kickass, then why can't IT, JR, LBJ, Love, and TT do the same?

It would allow us to go to a 10 man rotation.

Our bench unit would be Wade, Korver, Crowder, Green, Frye.

That's a fucking killer 10 man rotation if TT returns to his pre-finals energetic self.

Uggh: really wish we could have integrated IT first before bringing back Thompson.

How much is he really going to provide when the bench unit already is one of the best in the league: both Green and Frye deserve minutes in there.

Tristan is the perfect energy big off the bench for 25 mins a game. He can guard almost any position and rebounds like a beast. Against 2nd units, even GS and Houstons, he should tear it up.

Further with Love as a starting center, he will not be "unplayable" against GS.

I would have him absorb Zizic and Cedi's minutes so 15ish.

Cedi and Zizic probably don't avg a combined 10 minutes

Uggh: really wish we could have integrated IT first before bringing back Thompson.

How much is he really going to provide when the bench unit already is one of the best in the league: both Green and Frye deserve minutes in there.
Frye doesn’t need to play every game in all honesty. His minutes should be based on whether the matchup makes sense.

Reactions: Lee

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."