• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-18 Cleveland Indians Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Joe Smith got 15M over two years.

I like the guy, but paying your 4th best reliever 7.5M a year would have been a tough pill to swallow.

Joe Smith got 15M over two years.

I like the guy, but paying your 4th best reliever 7.5M a year would have been a tough pill to swallow.
Isn't that what the Indians paid Boone Logan to be a Loogy? Shit, what was tougher to swallow, Boone or a potential Smith?

Joe Smith with a club option for a 2nd year is pretty damn good for 7.5 mil a year.

Especially competing with the Bronx bombers. An submarine Righty is gold. I'd say we fucked up here. At least Astros know what they're doing, using Smith to strike out Judge late in the game.

Last edited:
Could the Indians be clearing salary to make a run in '19 at Bryce Harper or Manny Machado?
Omg. I’m at my kids Christmas play and I read this and laughed really hard while it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
Too funny

Isn't that what the Indians paid Boone Logan to be a Loogy? Shit, what was tougher to swallow, Boone or a potential Smith?

Joe Smith with a club option for a 2nd year is pretty damn good for 7.5 mil a year.

Especially competing with the Bronx bombers. An submarine Righty is gold. I'd say we fucked up here. At least Astros know what they're doing, using Smith to strike out Judge late in the game.
Signing Boone Logan was stupid- and so was this move. Sorry, but Joe is not a top setup man, which is what that 7.5m is for. Not sure what the Astros are thinking, other than that they wanted to get their reliever hole fixed and just move on. Joe hasnt' exactly been a 70 appearance workhorse like a Bryan Shaw, either. I would much rather see the Tribe continue to excel dumpster-diving for relievers- or low and behold maybe develop one internally- and use some of that extra capital elsewhere. Or lock down Cody Allen. Just don't be handing 14m to Joe Smiff.

Upton didn't play last year, hit LHP pretty well in 15 and 16.

My expectations are super low but maybe they see him as a possible platoon in CF. Don't think he's nearly as well rounded of a hitter as Ajax but Upton definitely has more power.

Cubs are trying to get Salazar for Happ or Baez. Indians wants more in return. For now talks are stalled.

I'm pretty high on Happ and Baez. I'd like to get another MLB player in the deal, but I'd settle for just a reliever or a utility guy.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."