• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Trump Administration (just Trump) Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discredit your highest law enforcement agency and praise a foreign adversary who compromised your election. Normal stuff.

He's not wrong when he says "it is sad, what has happened to the FBI". It is sad.....they look like a clown show right now.

When the Head of Counter-Intelligence at the FBI is getting demoted for using his company cell to have an affair with a fellow employee, it's kind of embarrassing. A rank and file guy? Maybe.....but the Head of Counter Intelligence? His mistress even asked if there's any way their communication could be seen and he assured her it wouldn't. LOL....

"Praising a foreign adversary" is a weird way to categorize that as well. They asked if he spoke to Putin, and he said "yes, and it went great. He praised me for the things I've done for this country in terms of the economy. Then he also said some negative things in terms of things going on elsewhere, but the primary point was to talk about North Korea. Because we would love his help on North Korea. China is helping, Russia is NOT helping, and we'd like to have Russia's help. It's very important."

See, it doesn't help when you spin stuff like this in regards to Russia as well......a gross mischaracterization of what he said and implied. He answered a question about taking a call from Putin and said the call "went great" and then gave context as to why. But somehow that is spun as "Praising a foreign adversary". It's disingenuous at best.....

He's not wrong when he says "it is sad, what has happened to the FBI". It is sad.....they look like a clown show right now.
Compared to their involvement with MLK and trying to blackmail him in the 60s, they look like choir boys right now. Affairs are gross but I don' think these types of things should condemn the entire agency.

So far, it looks like an isolated incident involving inappropriate behavior and it was swiftly dealt with. No foul play, framing, or interference has been inferred.

To me, Comey's handling of the Clinton emails was a worse look than this. But... that kind of benefited you guys so you're obviously not going to take issue with that.

To me, Comey's handling of the Clinton emails was a worse look than this. But... that kind of benefited you guys so you're obviously not going to take issue with that.

Seeing as it was just reported this morning additional edits were made to his exoneration letter, beyond taking out "gross negligence", I'm not sure it did benefit "us". It looks like Comey was under pressure to exonerate her, and it looks like the language he wanted to use was absolutely neutered.

"According to the documents, one of the more shocking changes that Comey made included comments that her private email server, through which classified information passed, was very likely hacked by “hostile forces”.

Johnson, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security Committee, sent a letter to the FBI on Thursday that shows there were multiple edits to Comey’s July 5, 2016, statement, which was heavily scrutinized at the time.

In an early draft, the former FBI director noted that it was “reasonably likely” that “hostile actors” gained access to Clinton’s private email account at the time she was secretary of state.

Later, that claim was changed to say the scenario was only “possible.”

An additional edit featured language that was changed to describe the actions of Clinton and her aides and colleagues as “extremely careless” rather than “grossly negligent,” which is a key legal distinction.

In writing about his concerns Thursday in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray, Johnson said that the original draft “could be read as a finding of criminality in Secretary Clinton’s handling of classified information.”

He noted further, “The edited statement deleted the reference to gross negligence – a legal threshold for mishandling classified material – and instead replaced it with an exculpatory sentence.”

In addition, the final edits indicated that references to specific violations of statutes regarding “gross negligence” in the handling of classified information and “misdemeanor handling” were removed as well.

Also, the final statement also removed a reference to the “sheer volume” of classified information discussed on email.

“While the precise dates of the edits and identities of the editors are not apparent from the documents, the edits appear to change the tone and substance of Director Comey’s statement in at least three respects,” Johnson wrote.

Johnson said there were “repeated edits to reduce Secretary Clinton’s culpability in mishandling classified information.”

“In summary, the edits to Director Comey’s public statement, made months prior to the conclusion of the FBI’s investigation of Secretary Clinton’s conduct, had a significant impact on the FBI’s public evaluation of the implications of her actions,” he concluded.

Earlier reports noted that FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok changed the portion of the statement dealing with “extremely careless” to “grossly negligent.”

“This effort, seen in light of the personal animus toward then-candidate Trump by senior FBI agents leading the Clinton investigation and their apparent desire to create an ‘insurance policy’ against Mr. Trump’s election, raise profound questions about the FBI’s role and possible interference in the 2016 presidential election and the role of the same agents in Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation by President Trump,” Johnson said.

This speech Trump is giving to new FBI Agents is one of his worst ever.

Just goes to show why it’s almost not worth posting on social media if you have anything good going on.

Like let’s say theoretically that you got promoted, got a raise, had a baby, your kid was doing cool shit, sold your company, dropped an album, won an award, got a patent...who the fuck knows all in one year.

If you alluded anywhere in any of those things that your life was going well for you, there are an awful lot of people out there that want to tear you down.

That’s life though.

More importantly, she's getting a little thick these days.

This is what we should care about folks.

When the Head of Counter-Intelligence at the FBI is getting demoted for using his company cell to have an affair with a fellow employee, it's kind of embarrassing....His mistress even asked if there's any way their communication could be seen and he assured her it wouldn't. LOL....

Regardless of political leanings, that is funny, but embarassing as hell for the FBI.

Compared to their involvement with MLK and trying to blackmail him in the 60s, they look like choir boys right now. Affairs are gross but I don' think these types of things should condemn the entire agency

Well if BLM had a leader I'm sure they'd be under surveillance in this administration.

The Russia investigation was not the only concern of a black lawmaker questioning Rod J. Rosenstein
By Eugene Scott

December 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM

imrs.php

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) grilled Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Dec. 13 about an FBI report on “Black Identity Extremists.” (House Judiciary Committee)
The exchange between a top justice department official and a black lawmaker regarding the FBI’s labeling of black activists was another reminder of the historically tense relationship between the law enforcement agency and civil rights activists.

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein spent most of Wednesday defending special counsel Robert S. Mueller III against questioning from the House Judiciary Committee about whether bias might have compromised the integrity of the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Rosenstein also ended up having to defend the FBI against concerns that the agency was unjustly targeting black Americans protesting racism and police violence.

The Washington Post previously reported that the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division, an investigative unit which focuses on threats from terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda, created a new label for domestic terrorist groups: “Black Identity Extremists” or BIEs.

An FBI report broadly categorized black activists as threats to national security, wrote Shanelle Matthews, director of communications for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, and Malkia Cyril, executive director of the Center for Media Justice:

“It uses unrelated acts of violence, such as the July 2016 shootings of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, as justification for targeting black dissident voices. And it labels black activists — whose central demands are that government officials be responsible stewards of their power, accountable to the people who elect them and transparent about decision-making — as a threat to national security.”

Bass, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, expressed her concerns with ways the report could shape perception of police shootings.

Bass: “When you send a document like that to law enforcement around the country, in some places I will worry they will take that to say any time there is an officer-involved shooting and then there is a protest, the people that protest might be Black Identity Extremists.

Rosenstein: To the best of my knowledge, the FBI is not investigating people who are peacefully protesting. I haven't read that document. I'll review it and see what it says.

Bass: I would appreciate if you would. If there is no basis for this term, then the FBI should take a step to retract the document and send a message to law enforcement around the country that no such category exists.

Rosenstein: *Silence*

Bass: I yield back my time.

This was not the first time a black lawmaker demanded the Justice Department address this issue.

Last month, Bass asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions at a hearing about the FBI's “black identity extremists” label. Sessions said he was unfamiliar with the report: “I'm aware of groups committed to racial identity, transformed into violent activists.”

Rep. Barbara Lee (D.-Cal) also previously accused Sessions of using the label to target peaceful protesters. “‘Black Identity Extremism’ does not exist & this report is nothing more than an excuse for Sessions’ DOJ to target peaceful black activists,” she tweeted last month.

Rosenstein did not suggest he would oversee the eradication of the term. Black lawmakers do not look like they will back down from holding the FBI accountable for what they view as unfair targeting of their constituents.

Trump has an 11 percent approval rating with black Americans, according to the latest Washington Post poll. His Justice Department's labeling of community members as “extremists” for speaking out against racism is probably not going to change that.

Eugene Scott writes about identity politics for The Fix. He was previously a breaking news reporter at CNN Politics. He is a D.C. native.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ning-rod-j-rosenstein/?utm_term=.146f6c516499

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4067711-BIE-Redacted.html

Last edited:
NPR:
Before Talking At FBI, Trump Slams The Agency, Opens Door To Pardoning Flynn

Trump also opened the door to pardoning Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI last month.

"I don't want to talk about pardons with Michael Flynn — yet," Trump said. "We'll see what happens. Let's see."

Flynn has not been sentenced and appears to be a cooperating witness as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe. Trump called the investigation a "Democrat hoax," "an excuse for losing the election" and claimed again "there is absolutely no collusion."

Errrr.. last time he said this, he went ahead and did it.. This guy pardons Flynn, my guess is Mueller will bring him up on state charges, but, jeeze talk about running interference.

1) Strzok is far from the only problem.

2) The damage is already done. Firing Hue after the season doesn't change the fact that the Browns just went 0-16.

3) I don't believe for a single second that the biases of these people weren't known to other senior people in the FBI before this broke. Despite that, Strzok was put in a central role in investigations with a direct impact on the election and Trump's Presidency. So I still do not believe either senior FBI ranks, the special counsel's staff, or this investigation is "clean".

It's a conspiracy theory you 2 are on. Most of the FBI are conservatives and we aren't whining. No one complained about Mueller despite being a conservative because everyone said he was fair. Now that he has apparently found something, he isn't fair? C'mon this claim of bias is something a little kid would say.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/13/ex-mueller-aides-texts-revealed-read-them-here.html

These texts don't put this guy as a Hilary supporter. He thinks Trump is a buffoon, which is hard to deny. He is specifically responding to some stupid stuff Trump said like all of us have, including you.

Page looks to be the real Clinton supporter here. He congratulated her on a woman being nominated.

Also, everyone has seen Clinton's emails. Whats in there that is actionable?

Also, everyone has seen Clinton's emails. Whats in there that is actionable?

You're joking, right? Over 1000 of them were found to contain classified information, which made it illegal to transmit or store store on unsecured equipment. Open and shut.

Well if BLM had a leader I'm sure they'd be under surveillance in this administration.

The Russia investigation was not the only concern of a black lawmaker questioning Rod J. Rosenstein
By Eugene Scott

December 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM

imrs.php

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) grilled Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Dec. 13 about an FBI report on “Black Identity Extremists.” (House Judiciary Committee)
The exchange between a top justice department official and a black lawmaker regarding the FBI’s labeling of black activists was another reminder of the historically tense relationship between the law enforcement agency and civil rights activists.

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein spent most of Wednesday defending special counsel Robert S. Mueller III against questioning from the House Judiciary Committee about whether bias might have compromised the integrity of the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Rosenstein also ended up having to defend the FBI against concerns that the agency was unjustly targeting black Americans protesting racism and police violence.

The Washington Post previously reported that the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division, an investigative unit which focuses on threats from terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda, created a new label for domestic terrorist groups: “Black Identity Extremists” or BIEs.

An FBI report broadly categorized black activists as threats to national security, wrote Shanelle Matthews, director of communications for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, and Malkia Cyril, executive director of the Center for Media Justice:

“It uses unrelated acts of violence, such as the July 2016 shootings of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, as justification for targeting black dissident voices. And it labels black activists — whose central demands are that government officials be responsible stewards of their power, accountable to the people who elect them and transparent about decision-making — as a threat to national security.”

Bass, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, expressed her concerns with ways the report could shape perception of police shootings.

Bass: “When you send a document like that to law enforcement around the country, in some places I will worry they will take that to say any time there is an officer-involved shooting and then there is a protest, the people that protest might be Black Identity Extremists.

Rosenstein: To the best of my knowledge, the FBI is not investigating people who are peacefully protesting. I haven't read that document. I'll review it and see what it says.

Bass: I would appreciate if you would. If there is no basis for this term, then the FBI should take a step to retract the document and send a message to law enforcement around the country that no such category exists.

Rosenstein: *Silence*

Bass: I yield back my time.

This was not the first time a black lawmaker demanded the Justice Department address this issue.

Last month, Bass asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions at a hearing about the FBI's “black identity extremists” label. Sessions said he was unfamiliar with the report: “I'm aware of groups committed to racial identity, transformed into violent activists.”

Rep. Barbara Lee (D.-Cal) also previously accused Sessions of using the label to target peaceful protesters. “‘Black Identity Extremism’ does not exist & this report is nothing more than an excuse for Sessions’ DOJ to target peaceful black activists,” she tweeted last month.

Rosenstein did not suggest he would oversee the eradication of the term. Black lawmakers do not look like they will back down from holding the FBI accountable for what they view as unfair targeting of their constituents.

Trump has an 11 percent approval rating with black Americans, according to the latest Washington Post poll. His Justice Department's labeling of community members as “extremists” for speaking out against racism is probably not going to change that.

Eugene Scott writes about identity politics for The Fix. He was previously a breaking news reporter at CNN Politics. He is a D.C. native.

Where is the actual text of the document to which Bass was referring? Without seeing the actual language, it is impossible to judge it fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."