• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns Historic 0-16 Perfect Season Parade - January 8th - 12:00pm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You barely saw that ‘89 season. I don’t think that one counts.

3 seasons.

I'm 28 as well and only remember two winning seasons. I'm not counting anything early 90s :chuckle:

Re: Moving.

It's really shitty that with a market so into football, (hell sports in general) like Cleveland is? They can't give them a relevant team to cheer for.
But I think perhaps it's speaks to the NFL trying to chase some the dipshit casual fan or yuppie type that they've left them for dead at this point.

I think the NFL as a whole is about to go through some bad, dark times...and it's going to take the Cleveland's of the world to truly help them get out of it.

I don't think we'll be seeing many more of those London, Mexico City or Thursday Night games anymore. That's about to die off. Their bubble is about to burst.

I'm 28 as well and only remember two winning seasons. I'm not counting anything early 90s :chuckle:

I was 9 months when they played the Bills.

I was 5 when they played the Pats in that Wildcard game. My "first" Browns memory were of seeing my dad pissed about them leaving in 95, and then seeing them be completely atrocious since 1999.

There ya go. I count 1999 on in terms of being a Browns fan.

I was 9 months when they played the Bills.

I was 5 when they played the Pats in that Wildcard game. My "first" Browns memory were of seeing my dad pissed about them leaving in 95, and then seeing them be completely atrocious since 1999.

There ya go. I count 1999 on in terms of being a Browns fan.

Pretty much how I go about it as well.

Pretty much how I go about it as well.

That is a shame. I'm 40. So, one of my first memories was the 1986 season where the Browns went 12-4 and made it to the AFC championship game. I was in third grade. I went to my first Browns game that year. It was the last game of the season when they blasted the Chargers. Plus, I went with my dad and grandfather. So, as I am older now, it is a nice memory to look back upon. That is why I'll probably always be a Browns fan regardless of how bad things get. I can always hold onto childhood memories at least. If I were a decade younger, who knows?

That is a shame. I'm 40. So, one of my first memories was the 1986 season where the Browns went 12-4 and made it to the AFC championship game. I was in third grade. I went to my first Browns game that year. It was the last game of the season when they blasted the Chargers. Plus, I went with my dad and grandfather. So, as I am older now, it is a nice memory to look back upon. That is why I'll probably always be a Browns fan regardless of how bad things get. I can always hold onto childhood memories at least. If I were a decade younger, who knows?

I hear you. My dad was/is a huge Browns fan (he's so fed up at this point, who knows) so that is how I was raised, plus I'm all Cleveland. But the truth is people my age have never seen anything worth being a fan of. I don't think I could ever just drop the Browns and move on. But at this point? I wouldn't blame a young person for doing so, and if nothing changes between now and the time I have my own kids, I certainly can't see them being Browns fans nor would I even want that burden on them. :chuckle:

I hear you. My dad was/is a huge Browns fan (he's so fed up at this point, who knows) so that is how I was raised, plus I'm all Cleveland. But the truth is people my age have never seen anything worth being a fan of. I don't think I could ever just drop the Browns and move on. But at this point? I wouldn't blame a young person for doing so, and if nothing changes between now and the time I have my own kids, I certainly can't see them being Browns fans nor would I even want that burden on them. :chuckle:

I often wonder why the younger fans stick around to be honest. My dad grew up in Minnesota so he was always a Vikings fan. He only likes the Browns because he knows that I do. But, had I been born in 87 instead of 77, things might be different. I wouldn't have any reason to be a fan other than just loyalty to the city. I feel that would probably be enough since I've supported some pretty lousy Cavs and Indians teams in my younger days. But, the Browns were always my favorite. It is sad to see what they've become. It is sadder that I don't see that bright of a future despite all of the draft capital and cap space they have. I feel this forced marriage between Dorsey and Hue will end badly.

I often wonder why the younger fans stick around to be honest. My dad grew up in Minnesota so he was always a Vikings fan. He only likes the Browns because he knows that I do. But, had I been born in 87 instead of 77, things might be different. I wouldn't have any reason to be a fan other than just loyalty to the city. I feel that would probably be enough since I've supported some pretty lousy Cavs and Indians teams in my younger days. But, the Browns were always my favorite. It is sad to see what they've become. It is sadder that I don't see that bright of a future despite all of the draft capital and cap space they have. I feel this forced marriage between Dorsey and Hue will end badly.

I disagree. I'm pretty high on what they are doing. Doesn't mean it'll work but out of all the regimes we've had in the past 10 years, I'd roll with this one. Strictly going based on what's on paper.

edit: I guess I'm forgetting about Hue. I don't even know about him anymore. Will he sabotage this whole thing by sucking? Maybe. I'm just hoping the strong FO will take us where we need to go.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."