• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The "best RB since AP" has gotten tiring. Heard it with Richardson, and now 4 years in a row with Gurley, Zeke, Fournette and now Barkley.

Fournette was probably the best pure comparison to AP, but Zeke was the only one of those guys I truly bought into as being worth an top pick.
The thing i will never forget about AD in college is that he actually put up better numbers the longer he played into a game. I dont remember the exact numbers, but it was something like In the first and second quarters he was good, but nothing to write home about ~5 yard/carry. Then in the 3rd and fourth quarters it went up to 6 or 7 yards a carry. Also the more carries he got the higher his average. It was absolutely incredible to watch him. Im too young to have watched jim brown but my parents said it was the closest any running back has gotten in their minds.

When i tell my children stories about the great athletes i watched AD is going to be on high on that list.

Reactions: AZ_
The thing i will never forget about AD in college is that he actually put up better numbers the longer he played into a game. I dont remember the exact numbers, but it was something like In the first and second quarters he was good, but nothing to write home about ~5 yard/carry. Then in the 3rd and fourth quarters it went up to 6 or 7 yards a carry. Also the more carries he got the higher his average. It was absolutely incredible to watch him. Im too young to have watched jim brown but my parents said it was the closest any running back has gotten in their minds.

When i tell my children stories about the great athletes i watched AD is going to be on high on that list.

This is accurate.

I have similar memories of Maurice Clarett in HS.

My only issue with AD in college is I am old enough to remember Herschel, Bo, Barry and even Dupree in college, all much better than AD in college, although not trying to insult Peterson, just there were a few insane backs in the 80's playing in college.

By the way, Barry's Jr year was the best college year for any player at any position imo.

This is accurate.

I have similar memories of Maurice Clarett in HS.

The strangest thing about Clarett in high school is that he was impossible for teenage boys to tackle. He would just bowl people over in the middle of the field. However he would bounce everything to the sideline and step out of bounds when he didn't feel like running anymore. He was utterly dominant but must have had terrible endurance. I'll never forget watching his perplexing talent.

Only 4.0 YPC in 4 of his 14 games. How is that good?

I really don't want to wade in to this argument but I think YPC isn't a great stat to focus on in select cases or over the course of small segments of games. In small samples, it doesn't take in to account things like time / score or down and distance, which can have a really adverse affect in small samples.

Maybe the thing that concerns me most about Barkley, when you consider taking him as high as he is likely to go, is he really has yet to display the characteristics of a workhorse RB. I don't want my RB's to be run in to the ground in college but I also want to see a select few games where he gets the ball 25-30 times and puts up a monster game....ala Bell at MSU.

Barkley only carried the ball 20+ times in 3 games in 2017. Two of those games were his worst ones of the year and the other was the best. So it's really tough to gauge how he would do as an every down back that consistently gets the ball week to week

His carry chart shows he's more of a 16-18 carry sweet spot back who produces chunk plays consistently when his legs are fresh. When he gets above the 20 carry mark it is really a mixed bag. He's had some big games the last two years above that threshold but also 5-6 just absolute bombs.

To me, his biggest red flag is his unevenness when given a heavy workload. The thing that made someone like Fournette so elite was that his carry chart actually got better with an increased workload. He had 8 games in 2015 of 25+ carries and his LOWEST YPC game was 4.3. Out of the 8 games, it was the only time he carried it 25+ times and failed to surpass the 5.0 YPC mark.

To me, it's really tough to want to take a guy in the top 5 that hasn't shown he can impose his will on a defense as you get deep in to a game. I'm not saying Barkley can't develop in to that type of player but that is currently his biggest question mark for me. If you put on his 4th quarter game film, does it look like his 1st quarter game film? Fournette's did.

My only issue with AD in college is I am old enough to remember Herschel, Bo, Barry and even Dupree in college, all much better than AD in college, although not trying to insult Peterson, just there were a few insane backs in the 80's playing in college.

By the way, Barry's Jr year was the best college year for any player at any position imo.
I was 5 barrys final year at ok st, and that's the one i wish i could have watched as an oklahoma/ok st/tulsa fan.

The biggest one i missed was Bo. I was thinking about this the other day that i need to actually dig up some of that film.

Reactions: AZ_
I was 5 barrys final year at ok st, and that's the one i wish i could have watched as an oklahoma/ok st/tulsa fan.

The biggest one i missed was Bo. I was thinking about this the other day that i need to actually dig up some of that film.

Watch Pro Bo if you are watching Bo, Herschel you need to watch Georgia film, and Barry, either pro or college, but college was insane, 2650 yards, 37 touchdowns, 1kick return for touchdown, 1 punt return, so 39 total

Just wish Trent would have compared the talents and not personalities there..

Rosen has a great arm and a unique mind but doesn’t win and hasn’t been healthy..

Darnold wins, better personality, better overall numbers, turns the ball over more and is a project...

Argh !!!!!

Just wish Trent would have compared the talents and not personalities there..

Rosen has a great arm and a unique mind but doesn’t win and hasn’t been healthy..

Darnold wins, better personality, better overall numbers, turns the ball over more and is a project...

Argh !!!!!

What has Darnold won?

What has Darnold won?
Obviously not your affection or admiration. But then who the hell cares about that ?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."