• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU Recruiting Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Some of the “early signing day” disappointment was erased with the signing of Tyler Friday today.

Rated #3 DT in country, and #85 overall.

Will come into OSU as a SSDE....he’s currently 6’3” 265lbs. He has the frame to add a ton of bulk so long-term he’ll end up inside. Sounds like they sold him on early PT at DE with the need we have there.

FWIW, his coach says he’s the best run-game stopper he’s ever seen at HS level....which is nice.

I know post above mine references Friday to OSU as well, but it wasn’t official until today. There were some rumblings of Michigan and Bama getting in his ear after he delayed announcement last week. That combined with Dre’Mont returning (had Dre’Mont left it was basically assured he’d see early PT) it seemed he may have slipped away, so good to see him confirm to Buckeyes this afternoon.

Last edited:
W484f2m.png

The future is lookin good.

Georgia might still finish with the #1 class despite us landing a 4 & 5 star tomorrow... just goes to show how insane the top 2 are this year

Georgia might still finish with the #1 class despite us landing a 4 & 5 star tomorrow... just goes to show how insane the top 2 are this year

If Georgia finishes #1 tomorrow, it's because they flipped a kid who has been favored to Michigan for a year....I'll take finishing #2 if that is the case.

OSU looking to get a few huge BOOMS this morning... #shhhh

......and Otis Reese commits to UGA likely cementing their spot as #1 class. Great UGA class.

OSU just signed one of their best classes of all time too with the closing of Petit-Frere.

And Michigan just lost the best recruit they had in their class to UGA, which is the cherry on top.

Brady Hoke is disappointed at the job Harbaugh is doing

......and Otis Reese commits to UGA likely cementing their spot as #1 class. Great UGA class.

OSU just signed one of their best classes of all time too with the closing of Petit-Frere.

And Michigan just lost the best recruit they had in their class to UGA, which is the cherry on top.

Add 4 star DE/OLB Jean-Baptiste to the list.

Also, coaching BOOMs, Urban is signing an extension and Schiano is staying.

Best Wednesday ever.

lmfao at Michigan for practicing at NPF's high school for a week.

You'd have to wonder if something more intimate and simplistic would have been more effective -- like a sleepover or something. But that'd be weird and I've never heard of a coach doing that.

24/7 Composite Big Ten team rankings

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Big-Ten

I don't have it in front of me, but I want to say a large chunk of Nebraska's class was brought in after Frost got hired. Even if they have 5 JUCOs, pretty solid start. I still think MSU should be in the other division for balance purposes, but if Nebraska can turn it up, that would help alot, too.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."