• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-18 Cleveland Indians Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Pretty surprised that you would be on board with a move like this, but man it sounds exciting.

I agree with your list, but fear that it’s not realistic and we end up having to move one of those A list prospects.

Now is the time, and with one year of control and no shot to resign in Balt., go ahead and choose some non top prospects.

Machado is potentially a 5-6 win player in this lineup. That’s insane value

Getting him instead of the Yankees poaching him would give me a hue. G. rection

Indians trade Salazar and Kipnis (14 mil) for Manny. Then let Brantley (11 mil) walk, trade Gomes (7 mil), to then try to re-sign Manny in offseason?

Manny for Kipnis plus is a good deal to make.

Indians trade Salazar and Kipnis (14 mil) for Manny. Then let Brantley (11 mil) walk, trade Gomes (7 mil), to then try to re-sign Manny in offseason?

Manny for Kipnis plus is a good deal to make.

They’re not able or willing to sign him long term.

Short of him completely losing his talent.

For a team able to compete for a World Series the value of his one season of production plus the premium draft pick received when he signs a mega deal elsewhere next offseason may outweigh to value of the prospects necessary to obtain him.

Maybe. We can judge that if/when we see what we'd be giving up.

So, what are our options. The way I see it, we have two years left of this current run. After two seasons EE, Cookie, Bauer and Kip are gone. That seems pretty substantial after losing Carlos this offseason. Is it crazy to think we have to go all in now or do we wait til 2019 or run the risk of losing core pieces for nothing and win nothing?

So, what are our options. The way I see it, we have two years left of this current run. After two seasons EE, Cookie, Bauer and Kip are gone. That seems pretty substantial after losing Carlos this offseason. Is it crazy to think we have to go all in now or do we wait til 2019 or run the risk of losing core pieces for nothing and win nothing?

Bauer is locked in for 3 more seasons.

It's almost as if the Indians have zero promising young players or a solid farm system to fill in the gaps as players leave down the road :conf (11):

Starting to think Z-Mac is Tito's next Bryan Shaw. :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."