• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Deadline - Feb 8 at 3:00 EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
From what I understand PG13 is off the table, really hoped OKC would really suck so we get a chance at him, we need a rim protector and a two way big wing like PG13, any of those around lol

George Hill was one of the good to great (not quite elite) PG defenders for the past few years, think Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley level. Not sure how he's doing this year but he's certainly big enough to defend both guard spots adequately due to his strength and length (7'0" wingspan). Ideal complement to IT tbh the way Crowder has been for LeBron on defense. Both guys can always take the harder matchup at the guard or wing spots for IT and LeBron.

George Hill was one of the good to great (not quite elite) PG defenders for the past few years, think Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley level. Not sure how he's doing this year but he's certainly big enough to defend both guard spots adequately due to his strength and length (7'0" wingspan). Ideal complement to IT tbh the way Crowder has been for LeBron on defense. Both guys can always take the harder matchup at the guard or wing spots for IT and LeBron.

Exactly. I think people are getting to caught up in that Hill will be the backup PG. I think he will be the starting SG and a perfect compliment to IT. The biggest knock on Hill while in Indy was he wasn't a pure enough PG. He is more of a secondary ball handler that is a very good shooter and defender. Just look at his assist number, he has only cracked more than 5 assists per game in one season.

I'm not sure why everyone is including Rose in this trade. It can happen with just Shump and Frye. I think Rose still has a role on this team even with Hill. Hill would allow us to keep 3 ball handlers on the floor for the majority of the game. Hill could eat up minutes at either guard spot when guy are having off nights, which we have had alot of from all our guards so far this season.

Isn't hill only 6'2? how is he on defense?

I remember he played for the Spurs, he should know how to play defense unlike JR
Bro, brush up on the homework a little lol, 6'2 or not, he has a 7'0 wingspan that causes problems on the defensive end. Throw him on Curry and maybe it can work for the Cavs. I'm all for trying new shit. Let's hope it gets done.

George hill
Vince carte
Zac Randolph

Tt
Shump
Jr

Some of the names that have been thrown around for awhile, this might be a list of targets:

Combo guards: Hill, Hood, Bazemore, Bradley, Lou Will, Barton

Bigs: Jordan, Favors, Noel, Dedmon

Obviously, any of them would help us. I'd really like to come away with 2 of the combo guards and 1 of the bigs at least. The crazy thing is that they should all be pretty attainable considering a shocking amount are expiring (which means they may be rental) or they are on a high contract on a bad team.

Now, I wouldn't turn Lou Will away, but I'd say he is least needed in this group. Especially assuming if Clips value him high, the other players that can also add some defense will help us more. Bradley might be hardest to get depending on what the Pistons want to do. Not sure we would want to potentially give up a 1st or Cedi if that is what it would take. Barton could be had on best deal probably, like TPE and 2nd. Hood could be had fairly easily as well I'm assuming. Hill is most likely expirings (but I wouldn't give up any better assets). Bazemore, I'm not sure what it'd take, probably similar to Hill.

Jordan is obviously the favorite as far as center names go. But if Clips want too much (BKN pick), I'd rather try to get any of the others without the pick. Noel could be a value deal but not super reliable probably.

Adding at least 1 or 2 two way combo guards will help a lot. And especially adding a defensive inside presence. Adding all that defense to this team would be huge, it's so needed. I hope we can add some defensive players and shooting with these guys.

I don't know if PG13 or Cousins will be available now, maybe in the summer. But we should explore it. Or if we explore some sort of IT trade like around IT-Kemba, who knows. Just really hope we can add some defense. Especially a center, we cannot go any longer without one. But keep that BKN pick unless we get back a superstar. Even with how bad I want Jordan, I might consider it in a Jordan-Lou Will (or flip Lou 3rd team for someone more defensive minded). I'm so desperate for defense on this team. Like flip Lou for Avery Bradley, that could be life changing to this team (but so could hitting on a young star prospect in the draft or having assets if a star becomes available).

Hello everybody,
first post here.
It looks like we are in the same spot we were in 2010.
Everything's crumbing down and the king's ship ready to sail.
Here in Italy we don't quite undestand why Cavs' menagement is so reluctant to use that Brooklyn pick to have something done.
We all know what the King departure means for the city of Cleveland: no more spotlight for the years to come.
Is it better keeping a high pick rather than contending for a title for other, let's say, 2 years? I'd go with the latter.
Philly is already better than us: younger, more talented and with a better defensive mind and skills. It lacks only experence and a bit more of offensive power. They have cap space and time to get them both. If I were in the King's shoes, I'll fly there in a heartbeat.
This is my suggestion: Kevin Love and IT don't speak championship, at least with Lue and the way he plays them. They can't defend to save their lives. TT is not a weapon anymore - and we saw it last year, when GS manged to keep him away from offensive rebounding - Is there any chance to complement them with quality defence? If yes, keep them and pull the trigger.
Gasol and Evans are the only ones that fit the description. Love back at the 4 spot and backup center in limited minutes, JR out of the rotation. Spacing and defence, 3 points and physicality. Is that worth a combination of TT, 1rst round, maybe Schump and Osman? Sure. Risky move? Yes, sir, but worth it. Then fire Lue and finger crossed.
If we are lucky we'll find some hidden energy worth another trip to the finals and LBJ commitment for one more year.
Are those out of reach? Blew it all up, there's no other trade to be made. DJ will affect our floor spacing and is not a great defender anymore, the same for Howard (still better than DJ).
Then trade IT, Love, Crowder, TT to contenders. Ship Lebron to Philly or Houston for expirings and at least one piece of young talent. Speed up the recostruction now, when teams are eager to save their seasons. That will save the Cavs an infamous playoffs race and give more value to their own pick - two lottery picks will be a good starting block -.

Here in Italy we don't quite undestand why Cavs' menagement is so reluctant to use that Brooklyn pick to have something done.

Management knows that Lebron is smart enough to realize that trading the Brooklyn pick for anyone else besides George or Cousins means zero chance of ever beating the Warriors again in a Cavs uniform.

Management knows that Lebron is smart enough to realize that trading the Brooklyn pick for anyone else besides George or Cousins means zero chance of ever beating the Warriors again in a Cavs uniform.

Nuff said

Hello everybody,
first post here.
It looks like we are in the same spot we were in 2010.
Everything's crumbing down and the king's ship ready to sail.
We all know what the King departure means for the city of Cleveland: no more spotlight for the years to come.
Is it better keeping a high pick rather than contending for a title for other, let's say, 2 years? I'd go with the latter.
Philly is already better than us: younger, more talented and with a better defensive mind and skills. It lacks only experence and a bit more of offensive power. They have cap space and time to get them both. If I were in the King's shoes, I'll fly there in a heartbeat.
This is my suggestion: Kevin Love and IT don't speak championship, at least with Lue and the way he plays them. They can't defend to save their lives. TT is not a weapon anymore - and we saw it last year, when GS manged to keep him away from offensive rebounding - Is there any chance to complement them with quality defence? If yes, keep them and pull the trigger.
Gasol and Evans are the only ones that fit the description. Love back at the 4 spot and backup center in limited minutes, JR out of the rotation. Spacing and defence, 3 points and physicality. Is that worth a combination of TT, 1rst round, maybe Schump and Osman? Sure. Risky move? Yes, sir, but worth it. Then fire Lue and finger crossed.
If we are lucky we'll find some hidden energy worth another trip to the finals and LBJ commitment for one more year.
Are those out of reach? Blew it all up, there's no other trade to be made. DJ will affect our floor spacing and is not a great defender anymore, the same for Howard (still better than DJ).
Then trade IT, Love, Crowder, TT to contenders. Ship Lebron to Philly or Houston for expirings and at least one piece of young talent. Speed up the recostruction now, when teams are eager to save their seasons. That will save the Cavs an infamous playoffs race and give more value to their own pick - two lottery picks will be a good starting block -.

Kevin Love is an NBA Champion and our best success this year came with him as the #2 option.

The Cavs will be a terrible tanking franchise soon enough. I still say we can win one more title in the next 4 years with a little luck.

Your argument is spoiled by a simple fact: we have 0 chance to land those names.
If they'd been achievable for our firepower, we would have already taken one of them last summer. No way. PG and Boogie are keeping the doors open for free agency, their teams are making the playoffs and they still have a good chance of improvement before the trade deadline.

Are OKC and Pels going to be sellers at the trade deadline? Let's assume that. Other team have a better combo of picks and young talent than us (f.i. Boston, LA, Philly). What do we have? A great pick (Brooklyn), a good expiring (Schump) and a decent young talent (Osman).
Kevin Love weakness are exposed, as well as TT and IT's. They are no two-way players (TT a role player), championships are won at the defensive end of the floor. KL could be an all-star but will kill both OKC and the Pels, they aren't going to need him. Three way trade? Good luck with that. IT is an expiring monodimensional player in a league stacked with great PG. TT, as said before, is not more than a second unit role player.

Let's face it. Superstars are out of reach FOREVER. Kyrie was our last chance to get them and we made a choice. I can't say that was a bad one, we got a lot, but no superstars were among them. A great all star scorer, a good 3D forward and a great pick. But no superstars. Could we turn back time, pack again the scorer, the forward and the pick and go and get a true superstar? We'll run in circle.

The best players available within our reach are those names popping up in trade rumors.

George Hill is a good name. I'd rather have Evans but they both are clear upgrade at the 2 spot. Lou Williams is not needed. I'm not sold on DJ, as I stated before, but I'm ready to chance my mind. Gasol is by far the best player, if available.

Hill and wade could be a very good defensive backcourt when they lock in.

I also think they can pair Hill with Rose for stretches with teams that have two quick guards. Like against the wizards with Wall and Beal, where Wade might not be able to keep up for long stretches.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."