• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fast Food

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What do you young bloods know about the Wendy's Superbar?

It was around when I was a kid in the late 80s. Long story short, part of my weekend every fall involved my dad dropping me in a dicey Wendy's on the near West side of Cleveland for an hour with five bucks while he took care of some stuff... and there was a glorious all-you-can-eat salad bar. But there was so much, much more than salad... it was like all their best stuff aside from burgers and fries. I don't know what was in the Wendy's chili sauce packets, but it was 80% spicy animal renderings.

Once they did away with the salad bar, I had to do a frosty and burger or some shit like that... but peak Wendy's was the all you can eat fast food calorie binge.

Real talk though, chick-fil-a employees treat you better than your own family.
As an interesting (or maybe not-so interesting) aside, my mom is good friends with the Chick-Fil-A CEO's wife.

What do you young bloods know about the Wendy's Superbar?

It was around when I was a kid in the late 80s. Long story short, part of my weekend every fall involved my dad dropping me in a dicey Wendy's on the near West side of Cleveland for an hour with five bucks while he took care of some stuff... and there was a glorious all-you-can-eat salad bar. But there was so much, much more than salad... it was like all their best stuff aside from burgers and fries. I don't know what was in the Wendy's chili sauce packets, but it was 80% spicy animal renderings.

Once they did away with the salad bar, I had to do a frosty and burger or some shit like that... but peak Wendy's was the all you can eat fast food calorie binge.
I totally forgot about that salad bar. There were a few kfcs in the 90s that did a lunch buffet around Ohio too. I think you could literally gain 8 pounds if you were there for an hour. Only did it once in the Sandusky area.

Ohh shit, whens that supposed to happen?

Sometime this Spring- they haven’t announced exact date. Supposed to be an old First Merit back on Sawmill.

Real talk though, chick-fil-a employees treat you better than your own family.
Yea something is weird there ? It’s like a cult

Yea something is weird there ? It’s like a cult

Coming in late on discussion, but had an immediate family member with an opportunity at a Chic-Fil-A franchise, but ultimately passed. Didn't feel like it'd be a good fit based on their franchise structure (it's basically a 50/50 revenue split with corporate) and the pillars of what they base their business on.

It's obviously an extremely religious company....which, good for them, it's a core of who they are. When interviewing potential franchise owners, they send a corporate team for a multiple day interview. It's not a formal interview in the sense where they come and sit you down and ask questions. They ask you to plan out 3-5 days, and show them how you spend your week. If meetings at your church aren't a part of that interview process, it's almost like a red flag for them. The love active members of churches and it in turn, becomes the core of that singular franchise location.

A majority of the Chic-Fil-A's you will eat at, whether you realize it or not, are essentially a church congregation. And it works exceptionally well, because the employees are held to exceptionally high standards compared to your average fast food restaurant.

The average employee, is a high school kid who belongs to the same church as the franchise owner, and if said high school employee is doing a terrible job.....it's not little Johnny that is getting the phone call. It's little Johny's mom or dad at the church getting the message on Sunday morning, about how their child is under-performing.

In many ways, the success of the individual franchise, is a statement of success for the church the franchise owner belongs too. But it works very well, because staff can't just leave work at the restaurant...it carries over into their social/private lives. Their isn't a single other food franchise that copies this formula, and it has proven to be exceptionally successful.

It changes the perception of the service you're receiving at a Chic-Fil-A when you start from the basis that 75% of the employees are all members of the same church and their performance at work, translates to perception within the church, and reports back to peers/family members/church leadership.

Last edited:
Coming in late on discussion, but had an immediate family member with an opportunity at a Chic-Fil-A franchise, but ultimately passed. Didn't feel like it'd be a good fit based on their franchise structure (it's basically a 50/50 revenue split with corporate) and the pillars of what they base their business on.

It's obviously an extremely religious company....which, good for them, it's a core of who they are. When interviewing potential franchise owners, they send a corporate team for a multiple day interview. It's not a formal interview in the sense where they come and sit you down and ask questions. They ask you to plan out 3-5 days, and show them how you spend your week. If meetings at your church aren't a part of that interview process, it's almost like a red flag for them. The love active members of churches and it in turn, becomes the core of that singular franchise location.

A majority of the Chic-Fil-A's you will eat at, whether you realize it or not, are essentially a church congregation. And it works exceptionally well, because the employees are held to exceptionally high standards compared to your average fast food restaurant.

The average employee, is a high school kid who belongs to the same church as the franchise owner, and if said high school employee is doing a terrible job.....it's not little Johnny that is getting the phone call. It's little Johnie's mom or dad at the church getting the message on Sunday morning, about how their child is under-performing.

In many ways, the success of the individual franchise, is a statement of success for the church the franchise owner belongs too. But it works very well, because staff can't just leave work at the restaurant...it carries over into their social/private lives. Their isn't a single other food franchise that copies this formula, and it has proven to be exceptionally successful.

It changes the perception of the service you're receiving at a Chic-Fil-A when you start from the basis that 75% of the employees are all members of the same church and their performance at work, translates to perception within the church, and reports back to peers/family members/church leadership.
Knew it !!! Those Bible thumping bastards...

I’m gonna eat a Doritos loco taco and finger a nun in a Chic-Fil-A....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."