• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 MVP Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Kevin Durant is going to win MVP... FWIW.

He's working on a 26/7/5, 50/40/90 season, will likely get there, and they'll very likely win another ring....

Harden definitely had a shot this year, but don't think he'll get there; and KD is definitely #2 on the MVP list this year IMHO.

He's working on a 26/7/5, 50/40/90 season, will likely get there, and they'll very likely win another ring....

Harden definitely had a shot this year, but don't think he'll get there; and KD is definitely #2 on the MVP list this year IMHO.

KD is the guy that no one here wants to acknowledge is likely to take advantage of Harden's absence. He's already getting the defensive linchpin narrative.

I mean if the alternates are Harden and Curry and we ONLY ever present their offensive acheivements but as soon as LeBron is brought up it goes straight to defense then it’s just double standards at that point and looking for a reason to not give it to LeBron

Because CUrry isn't giving a zero effort. And his team isn't shitting the bed and getting blown out by 40 points and dramatically underachieving.

You are so nit picky relating to the Cavs to the single game as if that’s how anyone votes

Well, you know, James was really making a case for it, but don’t forget that Timberwolves game on January 8th when he dogged it!!!! No other player in the league ever dogs it they all give full effort at all times!!!

You look at every other player in the league with Rose colored glasses then look at any Cavalier with the finest microscope imagineable. It’s remarkable

Curry isn’t winning.

Rofl. Yea, LeBron just starting dogging it on defense last night. Not 2 seasons ago.

Ooook.

FWIW, the actual best player this season has been Giannis. But his team isn't good enough. And let's not act like that doesn't matter.

If this team was 1st in the East, where it should be, or at most a game or 2 behind Boston, I'd have LeBron winning.

But we are dropping games and a TON of it has to do with his lack of defensive effort. The entire reason Orlando made a game of it was because of LeBron.

Every game now there's at least one play where he decides to stand and argue with an official for an ENTIRE possession. YOu can bank on him not cross halfcourt on defense at least once during a game now.

Just hand him the MVP now.

@Rich is correct. LeBron can’t be the MVP if he is such a net negative defensively. I don’t care how good his offense has been.

The drama surrounding the Cavs always has and always will negatively impact LeBron's MVP chances.

He will not win one when the team collectively shows the uncaring, inconsistent mentality and effort.

When you go out of your way to talk about yourself as the "leader," as LeBron does, this is simply one of the results.

LeBron has the ability to go on a tear over the 2nd half of the season. He doesn’t deserve it now but we know he can turn it around if he wants to...

If he wants to win the MVP I feel like the Cavs have to go like 29-12 or better with a couple signature wins and he HAS to defend better.

@Rich is correct. LeBron can’t be the MVP if he is such a net negative defensively. I don’t care how good his offense has been.

There are a few thins that can make up for this:

1) Your team is just amazing and you win like 65 games.

2) You have that "they weren't supposed to be nearly this good," extreme overachiever vibe. Kinda like the Bulls when Rose won it.

LeBron has exactly the opposite. His team is loaded and they're supposed to be good, but bonus, they aren't good at all and are currently underachieving by a significant amount.

If this team was 30-9, he'd be the MVP even with his defense.

If he had the 2009-2010 Cavs roster, he'd be the MVP.

DeRozan is now in the conversation. Most efficient season of his career so far, by a good margin. Career best in assists, by a good margin.

Easily the best player on the team ahead of Lowry now.

They finish with like 55+ wins and his name should be in the hat.

DeRozan is now in the conversation. Most efficient season of his career so far, by a good margin. Career best in assists, by a good margin.

Easily the best player on the team ahead of Lowry now.

They finish with like 55+ wins and his name should be in the hat.

I think DeRozan gets hurt by being in Toronto and they're past playoff flameouts. He's been amazing, but I think they have to finish first in the East and go on some kind of tear for him to be a legit candidate.

You can’t be MVP, if your team can win 90% of its games without you. Sorry. You just can’t.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."