• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You and @AZ_ both seem to have more info than the rest of us and you have conflicting info. Conflicting so much that b00bie thinks your take is "funny". Intriguing.

Well, it seems like a lot of people who have an "inside" contact on the player side tend to -- not surprisingly -- see that player in the best possible light. That shouldn't shock anyone given that most of the people close to a player are going to be friends/supporters, and so most likely to see the good rather than the bad, and to take everything said at face value.

You're whole argument on this is really puzzling. Do you think everyone else just woke up one day and decided "let's trash Saquon Barkley"? Why does being in the spotlight have to be a negative?

I didn't know shit about the kid, but heard the hype so I decided to watch a few of his game. Really wanted to see something special. I did see some great ns, but also noticed how many runs were for no gain or a loss. And then I noticed he just didn't seem able to see/find the crease unless it was a chasm, and so tried to bounce a lot of plays outside. It was impossible not to notice. So I made a post about what I saw.

Turns out, others were doing the same. We were all seeing the same thing, on our own. Since then, people have backed that up with extensive stats confirming what we all noticed. Lots of videos showing that exact same tendency.

And unless I've missed it, you've never actually responded to that criticism substantively. You repeatedly just dismiss it with comments like "there are problems with all prospects", etc..

It's just odd. You're arguing without actually refuting anything anyone is saying.

The RCF groupthink is what's really puzzling.

Barkley is universally viewed as the best RB prospect in the draft, and the best since Zeke Elliot. Some believe he's the best since AP.

There are reasons. His pros vastly outweigh his cons.

Barkley is universally viewed as the best RB prospect in the draft, and the best since Zeke Elliot. Some believe he's the best since AP.

There are reasons. His pros vastly outweigh his cons.
Nah dude. I’m tired of this shit. Don’t go off about groupthink when you are literally contributing nothing to the discussion. I have been saying the same thing about Barkley since very early in the season at a time when it was very unpopular to say

I’d be happy to gravedig out the concerns I documented a long time ago I had about him.

But everyone of The “group thinkers” is actually going out and providing evidence and stating reasons why they feel the way they do. I did a fucking film slice of Josh Allen and why I didn’t want him. It took me over an hour to make that post. There are people on here that like Allen as a prospect that disputed my points with valid points of their own. And I respect that. They didn’t just spam the “groupthink defense” button.

All you’re doing is saying “scouts everywhere are raving, there are negatives to every prospect” without providing literally any substance

I’d LOVE if you showed some of the negatives of other prospects. Because it helps me learn about them and keeps the conversation going. Just coming in here playing the group think card and offering to do something and then saying you obviously don’t have time to do it after people say that’d be lovely if you did it is just weak. And it’s getting annoying

Fournette Draft Profile:

Weaknesses

Doesn't make many defenders miss with open field shake. Aggressive, take-on style could lead to shortened career. Struggles to elude sudden traffic at line of scrimmage. Lacks looseness of hips to jump-cut from gap to gap. Struggled with a bad ankle for most of the season. Plays through a straw. Excitable runner in need of more patience. Too quick to hit the accelerator and slam into defenders when there are still cuts and yards left in the play. Runs to obvious daylight but needs to learn to anticipate and finesse the crease in traffic. Doesn't see cutback lanes developing as outside zone runner and prefers to keep runs play-side. Throws half-hearted, grazing shoulder as chip blocker. Pass protection and routes need extensive work.

David Johnson Draft Profile:

Weaknesses

Long-strider. Doesn't always look like he has the foot quickness to burst through the hole consistently. Allows defenders to get a hand on him through the replace and isn't a classic finisher. Tends to hit the brakes too hard in order to make his cuts. Questionable vision. Looks to make cuts instead of keeping the run play-side. Scouts want to see more fire in his play demeanor. Play strength and blocking are problems. Goes down too easily.

Le'Veon Bell Draft Profile:

Weaknesses

Taller back who presents a big target for defenders to hit, especially when failing to lower his pads going into the hole. Size also limits his breakaway speed and ability to create on his own if challenged by better front sevens. Sub par vision prevents him from seeing cut back lines and sees him running up the back of his lead blocker too often. Pass protection form is inconsistent, has size to handle rushers or at least push them around the pocket, but often moves his feet too slowly or tries to cut instead of setting to anchor. Holds the ball away from his body at times, though he doesn't fumble very often.

Todd Gurley Draft Profile:

Weaknesses

Missed three games in 2013 due to ankle injury and tore his ACL in 2014. Questions about whether he'll return back to his play speed are a big concern. Vision is average. Still gaining feel as a zone runner. Too locked into looking for cutback lanes when play-side run is open. Can get better at setting up blockers in space. Average creativity in tight quarters. Patience and tempo as a runner can improve. Quick passing attack limited his protection opportunities but was very average when given the shot.

Well, it seems like a lot of people who have an "inside" contact on the player side tend to -- not surprisingly -- see that player in the best possible light. That shouldn't shock anyone given that most of the people close to a player are going to be friends/supporters, and so most likely to see the good rather than the bad, and to take everything said at face value.

You're right; however, I'm not sure @AZ_ has the heart to ever be "all-in" on a player. It's all meat.

Reactions: AZ_

Wow. How can you say something that is so ridiculous on its face? An article was just posted where it was argued that Barkley should be the third RB picked. Did you just not see it? Whether you think that opinion is right or wrong isn't the point. You claiming that an opinion is universally held when it clearly is not shows that you're simply not listening. At all.

The second point -- which you've also been told here repeatedly -- is that even if he is the best running back in the draft, that doesn't mean he should be taken at either No. 1 overall, or No.4.

And the third point is that you again didn't even attempt to address the primary criticism about Barkley.

Wow. How can you say something that is so ridiculous on its face? An article was just posted where it was argued that Barkley should be the third RB picked. Did you just not see it? Whether you think that opinion is right or wrong isn't the point. You claiming that an opinion is universally held when it clearly is not shows that you're simply not listening. At all.

The second point -- which you've also been told here repeatedly -- is that even if he is the best running back in the draft, that doesn't mean he should be taken at either No. 1 overall, or No.4.

And the third point is that you again didn't even attempt to address the primary criticism about Barkley.

See top of the page.

As for point 2, I've acknowledged it multiple times. Stating that if that's the way you want to approach the draft, fine. I can understand that point of view. However saying Barkley isn't an elite offensive playmaker is foolish. He has his concerns, but once again the Pros FAR outweigh the cons. He's an athletic freak of nature.

See top of the page.

As for point 2, I've acknowledged it multiple times. Stating that if that's the way you want to approach the draft, fine. I can understand that point of view. However saying Barkley isn't an elite offensive playmaker is foolish. He has his concerns, but once again the Pros FAR outweigh the cons. He's an athletic freak of nature.

Trash. Stop being smug, then trying to wiggle out of explaining yourself.

Trash. Stop being smug, then trying to wiggle out of explaining yourself.

Explaining what? I've literally said multiple times within this thread that if you think the best strategy is to pass on an RB at the top of the draft that is perfectly acceptable and I can see that point of view.

I'm simply arguing Barkley as the best back in the draft, unquestionably.

I myself have a different viewpoint when it comes to drafting a RB and where I would take one. I'm not going to argue that point because it's simply pointless and just a difference in strategic views.

However saying Barkley isn't an elite offensive playmaker is foolish.

Do you even have the time to go back and source this?

Because nobody has been arguing that, ever.

The entire argument is that I (and others) view him as on par with guys like Guice and Michel, which is absolutely a valid argument.

You're tripping over yourself, at this point. Stop using phrases like "everybody knows" and "universally viewed" to describe how people view Barkley.

It's foolish.

Explaining what? I've literally said multiple times within this thread that if you think the best strategy is to pass on an RB at the top of the draft that is perfectly acceptable and I can see that point of view.

I'm simply arguing Barkley as the best back in the draft, unquestionably.

I myself have a different viewpoint when it comes to drafting a RB and where I would take one. I'm not going to argue that point because it's simply pointless and just a difference in strategic views.

Explain your blanket statements. Provide examples like you said you would. Answer to a report about Barkley's perceived weaknesses. The conversation keeps changing when one of these things are called out.

Explain your blanket statements. Provide examples like you said you would. Answer to a report about Barkley's perceived weaknesses. The conversation keeps changing when one of these things are called out.

Dude go look at the top of the god damn page. These weaknesses that were pointed out were also pointed out in 4 out of the 5 best RB's in the league currently.

So yeah that should completely eviscerate the fact that he's one of the best athletes to come out at the position since AP and has the open field skills akin to Barry Sanders.

But hey, we'll just pick and choose the shit we're going to acknowledge because groupthink triumphs.

I'm still sitting here waiting for someone to acknowledge the similar concerns with 4 of the best 5 running backs (every down running backs) currently in the league.

I'll wait.....

and wait.... (I assume)

:coffee:
Why do you expect anyone to put any effort into acknowledge your points when you put zero effort into making them and attribute everything to groupthink?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."