• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Well, I just finished The Last of Us.

One of the more intense and emotional endings to a video game. Definitely popped into my Top 10 games of all time. Don't know what else to say other than this was an absolute pleasure to play.

Told you the ending was fucking great.

Not sure I can think of a better video game ending. Maybe Snake Eater?

Told you the ending was fucking great.

Not sure I can think of a better video game ending. Maybe Snake Eater?

Snake Eater is up there for sure. I think I like TLOU's even better.

Mass Effect 2's ending was pretty awesome too, the whole suicide mission. Except the cringe worthy human shaped reaper.

I decided after xmas that I wanted to get a steam controller + steam link to play some couch friendly games from my pc and stream it to my tv downstairs.

You all remember my gyro thread. The steam controller has a built in gyro and has track pads instead of dual analogue sticks. Anyway, the steam controller itself isn't on sale for the Lunar sale.... But it is with a bundle!

I can get the steam controller plus For Honor for 50 dollars... Or I can buy the steam controller by itself for 50... @Jack Brickman do you still play it?

I read they still support the game heavily and are bringing dedicated servers to this game in a few days. Apparently the game has seasons where they add new content.

I haven't played it in months. Still have it installed, though. It was fun, although PVP was frustrating because it's like any other fighting game. If you're not an expert, everyone you're playing against always is and they use every little trick and bullshit spam move to perfection.

Playing against bots with friends on your team is fun, though.

I haven't played it in months. Still have it installed, though. It was fun, although PVP was frustrating because it's like any other fighting game. If you're not an expert, everyone you're playing against always is and they use every little trick and bullshit spam move to perfection.

Playing against bots with friends on your team is fun, though.
I'm wondering if I can refund the game but keep the steam controller because it was a bundle. The controller by itself wasn't on sale, but if you bought for honor with it the controller was effectively 29 dollars.

I don't see myself playing this game much but it was the cheapest deal for the controller.

Been replaying GTA V since I never finished it in the past and one of my buddies wants me to start playing the online game. I have it on the PC and have been using the controller for basically everything except shooting, where I swap to the mouse and keyboard. I remember some of the missions I played back on the Xbox were really fucking difficult with the controller, but with the mouse and keyboard this game is easy mode. You just rattle of headshot after headshot, and with Michael's slo-mo ability it's not even fair.

Also, I've noticed that I literally never flip over my cars in this game unless I'm in a race where flipping over cars causes an immediate mission failure. :chuckle:

During one race I actually got my car stuck perfectly in a small ditch between the two lanes on the road. Fucking preposterous.

Just started a new playthrough on Skyrim with all of the DLC and everything and finally decided on a magic build. Game holds up fantastic even after all this time. Bethesda is legendary at making games with just pure longevity.

I could go start a playthrough on Fallout 3 or Oblivion tomorrow and it would feel like 2007 again to me. Not a thing would change.

Just started a new playthrough on Skyrim with all of the DLC and everything and finally decided on a magic build. Game holds up fantastic even after all this time. Bethesda is legendary at making games with just pure longevity.

I could go start a playthrough on Fallout 3 or Oblivion tomorrow and it would feel like 2007 again to me. Not a thing would change.

Currently playing both Skyrim and Fallout 4, I love them. But let's be honest. That engine needs to go for their next title. :chuckle:

Currently playing both Skyrim and Fallout 4, I love them. But let's be honest. That engine needs to go for their next title. :chuckle:

Yup. My favorite thing to ever happen to me in Skyrim was being at almost zero health and being killed by a cabbage that was rolling down a hill. The physics are trash. :chuckle:

Yup. My favorite thing to ever happen to me in Skyrim was being at almost zero health and being killed by a cabbage that was rolling down a hill. The physics are trash. :chuckle:

JUST the physics?
:chuckle:

That's a great story and pretty much sums up the engine they've been using for the past decade or whatever. So many immersion killing factors and somehow these games are still fantastic. If they somehow start from scratch and make Elder Scrolls 6 with a brand new engine, man my imagination is running wild with how awesome it could be.

Any one play Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Any thoughts?

Anyone else play Overwatch around here? Got it in like November and have been playing it nonstop. Skyrim has faded for me...fighting my way through death lords to get to Alduin. Get fucking killed without saving and takes me back all the way to the dragon that’s supposed to fly me to the place. Haven’t played since.

Do we have any PUBG players on RCF? I've been playing it a ton lately, and really love this genre. I'm excited for a game with a good engine to emerge and combine the awesome ideas of PUBG with gameplay that isn't as frustrating.

Not nearly as big a fan of Fortnite because it's all third person, and only snipers can ADS. Playing a battle royale in first-person is just so much more enjoyable for me, and so is not having to build a fucking ramp while I'm shooting at a guy.

Anyone else play Overwatch around here? Got it in like November and have been playing it nonstop. Skyrim has faded for me...fighting my way through death lords to get to Alduin. Get fucking killed without saving and takes me back all the way to the dragon that’s supposed to fly me to the place. Haven’t played since.

I cannot get into Skyrim due to its fighting animations. They are so stiff and they look awkward to me. I wish they would revamp that engine.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."