• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Draft - June 21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
His defense was fine. Counting stance likely partially limited to first half foul trouble. He played great, I wouldn't read into the box score that much lol.

I'm not meaning to pick apart this particular game, just saying it's been a trend recently. Earlier this season he was one of the guys who really packed the box score with defensive stats. Probably one of the best perimeter players in steals+blocks. Recently he's been average or worse.

Does Mich St usually not play Jackson Jr in crunch time or was this a one time type of thing?

No, they usually play him in crunch time, but he was having a pretty horrific game, so I can’t really blame Izzo for taking him out of The game

Here's one of my favorite guys right now that most have never heard of - Jerome Robinson of Boston College.

Very good shooter. Above average quickness. Can shoot off the dribble. Can shoot on the move off of screens. Competes on defense.

I'd even take him in the first round at this point.

He's on a ridiculous roll right now statistically. He had 46 vs Notre Dame about two weeks ago.

I'm torn here...

Looking at the Cavs short-term needs, it’s center/big rim protector. That would point you towards Jackson, Bamba and to a lesser extent Ayton.

But when I try and take a wider approach to things, it still stands to reason that you’d maximize LeBron’s final peak years with another dominant perimeter player/scorer. That would lean more towards Doncic, Porter and even Young.

Personally, if they keep the pick, I'm leaning towards one of those bigs. If they trade the pick, it would need to be for a skilled perimeter player.

Duke was allowing 73 points per game before Bagley got hurt, which would rank 187th in the NCAA. In 3 games without Bagley, they've allowed 59 points per game, which would rank 3rd in the NCAA.

Its very bad that Bagley is sitting out and exposing himself. Again, I'd like him to be picked before out pick, much like Trae Young.

The difference between Young and him is I just don't think Young is a smart choice at this point in time because of his bust chances and our immediate needs, but I do think he has a decent chance to be a star player in this league on the right team. With Bagley, I just don't like him that much as a prospect... and definitely not on the Cavs.

Watched Real versus Barca and my fears of Doncic continue to grow. I didn't let the fears cloud my judgment of him being the first pick of the draft before, because on paper he is such a great prospect, but when you watch his full game over and over again, at some point you can not continue to ignore his shortcomings, physically and even mentally.

Last edited:
Watched Real versus Barca and my fears of Doncic are continue to grow. I didn't let the fears cloud my judgment of him being the first pick of the draft before, because on paper he is such a great prospect, but when you watch his full game over and over again, at some point you can not continue to ignore his shortcomings, physically and even mentally.

To be fair, back-to-backs are rare in the Euro schedule and he was probably a little flat after carrying a big load yesterday. Disappointing game for him nonetheless.

Doncic is opening some questions about his game. But Lasso (coach) often leaves him too long on the bench, Real falls out of the game and then they go back to him and so on trough the game. Another aspect is that euro teams clogg the fck out of the paint and bigs camp in there way too many times. The problem is, is that what’s not good for the game (and Real) or just Luka? Also the absence of Randolph, Ayon an Lull... A bit to many unknowns to be sure what is going on.

He did look way better with another great creator (Dragić).

I would PASS on him (he probably will be great in time, but if we do keep the picked player, well, I don’t see him do anything good on defense against Warriors).. JJJ or Mo, maybe Ayton.

Updated my statistical rankings with games from the last week:

zrhh4.png

Jaren Jackson leaps to the top, and he now has the highest rating of any big man in my database. Troy Brown and Killian Tillie continue to look very interesting in spite of receiving little hype. Ayton's another player who saw his rating rise significantly this week in spite of playing just one game.

EDIT: link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h98LyhYUQHnGQTSMJTj3i_0Lj4iF03oHGeyDDtjWgV8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT2: As always, I'm happy to explain why this model likes/dislikes different players in any level of detail, and I'm also happy to calculate ratings for other prospects in this draft and interesting prospects from years past.

Last edited:
Doncic is opening some questions about his game. But Lasso (coach) often leaves him too long on the bench, Real falls out of the game and then they go back to him and so on trough the game. Another aspect is that euro teams clogg the fck out of the paint and bigs camp in there way too many times. The problem is, is that what’s not good for the game (and Real) or just Luka? Also the absence of Randolph, Ayon an Lull... A bit to many unknowns to be sure what is going on.

He did look way better with another great creator (Dragić).

I would PASS on him (he probably will be great in time, but if we do keep the picked player, well, I don’t see him do anything good on defense against Warriors).. JJJ or Mo, maybe Ayton.

Randolph was playing...

Young...pull your shit together man, we need your to be in the top 5.

Pisses me off... we need the Suns or Orlando to pick him up as they were most intrigued by him.... Orlando even traded Elfrid to clear that spot.

His stock is free falling.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."