• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Political threads/forum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not rehashing.

(Continues rehashing)

I promise you nobody wants to read about the ill will leftover from past political arguments. Just send me a DM, I can ignore you from there without wasting the time of everyone else who wants to see the discussion improve and petty personal grievances take a back seat.

You’ve got to let it go. Or use the ignore feature.
You seeing everything as a slight is exactly why you can't stay active on this board and you personally got the threads closed. So I'm sure you don't want people carrying stuff over from those threads, do you. You are the entire cause of this.

To address some valid concerns about a standard for a moderator to adhere to, so far there seems to be a consensus that name calling, personal attacks and the like are easy to agree to.

But how does one distinguish baiting and trolling from a sincerely-held, if not popular view? I think @The Human Q-Tip's concerns about things devolving into a popularity contest are valid.

Last edited:
To address some valid concerns about a standard for a moderator to adhere to, so far there seems to be a consensus that name calling, personal attacks and the like is easy to agree to.

But how does one distinguish baiting and trolling from a sincerely-held, if not popular view?
I don't think it's possible. Appeal to motive

Keep race out of it. It's never a two way conversation and there's no point to the discussions.
On this subject, what are we thinking in regards to political religion? I.E., we have had some really informative conversations about Islam on here; conversely, we have had conversations about Islam that have led to nearly as many personal assaults as race. If we do, how are we defining the bright line? Is it just when personal assaults start?

Just so you guys know, I am 100% down to do this, but I want some serious ground rules first. I do not want to be God here and make rules up as I go. If we are going to do this I would rather us have this type of serious conversation first.

I mean this from a genuine place. Respond or don't. But when many people take issue with you, sometimes it legitimately is a sign that you should consider adjusjng your behavior.
I’m honestly curious. Do you try to bait him to get him banned?

This is going to be fantastic.

By a separate forum, are you guys thinking something like how S34 is where you can't even see it unless you're permitted in, or do you just need permission to post but can read everything?

I'd like to participate, but I'm a bit confused on what the formatting will be. I'd like to discuss the gun control stuff, but I'm not as well versed in pretty much anything else.

Boobie is very obviously trying to stir things up. He slapped a disagree on my post earlier, but then liked Gour's post saying the exact same thing. It's obvious trolling. The political threads aren't going to change as long as he's doing it.

Boobie is very obviously trying to stir things up. He slapped a disagree on my post earlier, but then liked Gour's post saying the exact same thing. It's obvious trolling. The political threads aren't going to change as long as he's doing it.
He’s not the only one doing it and I’ll leave it there

I've had him ignored. I took him off when politics got shut down. There are few problems I have with the threads and he does them all so when I bring up issues to address, there's just going to be an overlap. Anything else would be like trying to get healthy by ignoring your tumor. I just poijted out something helpful and genuinely meant it and it got taken the wrong way.

If you want to know anything else I'm good with pm. No need to derail

Its a simple question.
I tink the only fair way to do it is invite everyone and let the ones who can't handle it hang themselves and get the boot.

I don't have faith the ones ruining threads will stop, and I don't have faith they would be removed. So I'm close to agreeing with crat, this will just be the same thing in a different forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."