• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ESPIN at it again

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tressel33

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
It's funny how we all know Kyrie for whatever reason wanted to leave the Cavs and have his own team. Yet ESPN say's Lebron and Kyrie together again. And possibly they might be reunited again at some point. Am I missing something here? I thought we've all known how Kyrie left the Cavs supposably because of Lebron? ESPIN is like a grocery store tabloid. They want to do everything and anything they can to have Lebron leave and go to a bigger market. It's truly disgusting.

It's funny how we all know Kyrie for whatever reason wanted to leave the Cavs and have his own team. Yet ESPN say's Lebron and Kyrie together again. And possibly they might be reunited again at some point. Am I missing something here? I thought we've all known how Kyrie left the Cavs supposably because of Lebron? ESPIN is like a grocery store tabloid. They want to do everything and anything they can to have Lebron leave and go to a bigger market. It's truly disgusting.
They are the TMZ of sports. Literally. Just know that going forward, and then you'll know they are not worth even getting mad over.

They're talentless shills whose entire job is to get clicks and have their audience watch/view as many advertisements as possible.

I actually think the fall of ESPN is rather remarkable. I legit pay attention to maybe four or five personalities still involved with them. Mike & Mike was the only program I regularly tuned in to, and now that's gone as well.

I pretty much just get my sports news from trusted Twitter guys and here.

I actually think the fall of ESPN is rather remarkable. I legit pay attention to maybe four or five personalities still involved with them. Mike & Mike was the only program I regularly tuned in to, and now that's gone as well.

I pretty much just get my sports news from trusted Twitter guys and here.
Is it really falling though?

Is it really falling though?
Yes. Part of it is due to chord cutting in general and their continued reliance on cable television revenues, and the other part of it is due to growing competition (Fox, YouTube, etc.)

And then, add to it the fact that they're increasingly concerned with clicks and drama rather than quality content...their continued decline seems inevitable.

ESPN will be okay for now. Despite the cord cutting they still have the NBA and NFL contracts, expensive though they may be, that's what really counts. But with the rise of streaming and fewer traditional cable viewers, the future is far from certain. There's talk Facebook and Amazon might be even bid on the next contracts.

Youtube and the internet is killing ESPN, the future is not looking bright for most TV sports channels, humanity is advancing & unfortunately for them the more its advancing the less chance they'll have to survive.

Youtube and the internet is killing ESPN, the future is not looking bright for most TV sports channels, humanity is advancing & unfortunately for them the more its advancing the less chance they'll have to survive.

Their problem isn't youtube and the internet. More avenues for their content means they should get more value out of it.

Their problem is garbage content. They had an entire generation of males who grew up leaving SportsCenter on in the background constantly. Every event, every party, every poker game--you'd watch SportsCenter over and over again and nobody would dare change the channel.

They took their flagship, one of the most lucrative properties in entertainment, and ruined it. They had a program that was basically a license to print money, and squandered it.

An example of why I stopped watching SC is when I tune in to admittedly catch a highlight of the Cavs after a win, they will START with the 4th quarter and show TWO buckets. I now watch GD Highlights, FreeDawkins, Xiemo Pierto channels on YouTube. I can get full game highlights for games I missed as well as individual highlights (every point, assist, steals, blocks). I don’t care about watching 10 second game highlights with no context and listening to Marc Steins or SAS give their opinions while they stand courtside. It’s a visual medium but they’d rather narrate which is bizarre.

They screwed their own formula up. Fox just hires bums who left ESPN and they’re a cheap knockoffs IMO. Crappy gas bags desperately trying to gain attention.

ESPN's model for making money has gone out the window for most of the industry. The thing is they didn't see it coming and locked up large contracts with the NBA, NFL and even the MLS. The model for them was, it didn't really matter how many people watched each show, it only mattered how many total subscribers it had. They thought the total subscribers wasn't going to change so they locked in contracts at that price point.

It's basically parallels the NBA with their cap spike a few years ago. ESPN spent on guys like Batum, Allen Crabbe, etc and now don't have the money to fill out the rotation. They basically have a 6 man rotation instead of a 9 man.

The content of Sportcenter has gone downhill because they don't have rights to a wide variety of sports anymore so they don't get the highlights for free either. That's why you see SC focus on their sports that they carry and barely anything else. They have to fill the show with talking BS about the NBA instead of showing highlights.

ESPN just has gotten to specific with their sports and content. They basically are making themselves less essential to cable/streaming packages.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."