• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It's funny, I have them reversed... I think BP was, by far, the better movie -- much better than Creed.

I kinda feel awkward arguing about art since it is about tastes and appeal. For Me Creed had this simplicity and the purity of a drama, straightforward storyline with a good display of emotions and the ending too was not over the top.

BP on the other hand seemed like it brought in a mix of various different issues - very realistically done for a comic movie - and i can see after reading your posts how much of those i have missed - but there in lies my point -> A lot of that went over my head. But more importantly, the final action sequences (rhino licks her face ? ), it just went back into the cheesiness. If they could continue the seriousness over till the end, I would have appreciated it a lot more.

And talking of Marvel - did anyone see and enjoy the Antman and Wasp trailer ?

I kinda feel awkward arguing about art since it is about tastes and appeal. For Me Creed had this simplicity and the purity of a drama, straightforward storyline with a good display of emotions and the ending too was not over the top.

BP on the other hand seemed like it brought in a mix of various different issues - very realistically done for a comic movie - and i can see after reading your posts how much of those i have missed - but there in lies my point -> A lot of that went over my head. But more importantly, the final action sequences (rhino licks her face ? ), it just went back into the cheesiness. If they could continue the seriousness over till the end, I would have appreciated it a lot more.

And talking of Marvel - did anyone see and enjoy the Antman and Wasp trailer ?

My friend is directing Creed 2 (humble brag :chuckle:)

After a disappointing Cavs loss to the Wizards, the biggest question that i have is does Tristan Thompson look similar to Michael Jordan (Not the basketball player but KillMonger/Creed actor)?

After a disappointing Cavs loss to the Wizards, the biggest question that i have is does Tristan Thompson look similar to Michael Jordan (Not the basketball player but KillMonger/Creed actor)?

He definitely does.

I really can't understand the lovefest that almost everybody has for Black Panther. I mean, literally, can't understand what makes it so special for you, guys. I was soooooo bored in the theater, and I'm a huge MCU fan, loved the last releases so much. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Same for Ragnarok, it's brilliant. Civil War, Winter Soldier are awesome even though Captain America is so boring as a character.

I thought Black Panther was filled with cliches, characters that lacked charisma, except for his sister and the Gollum guy and nothing really that stands out. The final battle was so bad. I'm no hater, I just can't get the hype and normally i'm all over it. Weird.

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk

I really can't understand the lovefest that almost everybody has for Black Panther. I mean, literally, can't understand what makes it so special for you, guys. I was soooooo bored in the theater, and I'm a huge MCU fan, loved the last releases so much. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Same for Ragnarok, it's brilliant. Civil War, Winter Soldier are awesome even though Captain America is so boring as a character.

I thought Black Panther was filled with cliches, characters that lacked charisma, except for his sister and the Gollum guy and nothing really that stands out. The final battle was so bad. I'm no hater, I just can't get the hype and normally i'm all over it. Weird.

Wow - I guess we have very different movie tastes. You thought Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was a good movie? Like the one where they tried way too hard to capture the funny vibe of the first movie? Man I was disappointed watching that movie because I loved the first one so much. I agree that Winter Soldier was awesome. Thor Ragnarok was good too, though it was more like a comedy than anything else. Civil War was better than like the Age of Ultron I guess, but it just had way too many characters and the villain's plot of doing all this stuff to get Captain America and Iron Man into a room together to kill each other was laughable.

Wow - I guess we have very different movie tastes. You thought Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was a good movie? Like the one where they tried way too hard to capture the funny vibe of the first movie? Man I was disappointed watching that movie because I loved the first one so much. I agree that Winter Soldier was awesome. Thor Ragnarok was good too, though it was more like a comedy than anything else. Civil War was better than like the Age of Ultron I guess, but it just had way too many characters and the villain's plot of doing all this stuff to get Captain America and Iron Man into a room together to kill each other was laughable.

I liked the first one better, it's more balanced, but the second has so many great moments that I love it, completely. The end with "Father and Son" from Cat Stevens is magical.

I guess I can't take super hero movies that seriously so I need a great portion of comedy. I guess that's why I love Ragnarok so much. It still has awesome fighting scenes, awesome villain, awesome secundary characters (all of them, really), awesome OST. I mean, what's not to like ?

Civil War was way better than the Age of Ultron, but it's not that hard. I didnt like the second Avengers, not at all.

Now, what the hell is so special about Black Panther ? Everything is so meh for me, I can't understand.

I have a hard time imagining people watching Black Panther and thinking it's the best Marvel Movie, or a even a great movie in it's own right. It wasn't bad, and it certainly brought a different tone and style to the MCU, but it wasn't anything special in terms of acting, directing, visuals, etc. Some of the action sequences were just...bad when compared to other Marvel films. Seriously, the last battle and mine scene didn't even feel like I was even watching big budget film with how poorly it was done. Did they run out of time/money? I did really enjoy the score and some parts were visually fantastic. Thought they handled the real world themes pretty well too all considered.

Personally, I think it's kind of a problem going forward that the Black Panther himself was like the 4th or 5th most interesting character in the film. Michael B., Letitia, Lupita and even Serkis were all far more compelling when on screen than Boseman. He didn't do a bad job in his performance, he just didn't strike me as a guy with the gravitas or charisma to headline a series of films.

I have a hard time imagining people watching Black Panther and thinking it's the best Marvel Movie, or a even a great movie in it's own right. It wasn't bad, and it certainly brought a different tone and style to the MCU, but it wasn't anything special in terms of acting, directing, visuals, etc. Some of the action sequences were just...bad when compared to other Marvel films. Seriously, the last battle and mine scene didn't even feel like I was even watching big budget film with how poorly it was done. Did they run out of time/money? I did really enjoy the score and some parts were visually fantastic. Thought they handled the real world themes pretty well too all considered.

Personally, I think it's kind of a problem going forward that the Black Panther himself was like the 4th or 5th most interesting character in the film. Michael B., Letitia, Lupita and even Serkis were all far more compelling when on screen than Boseman. He didn't do a bad job in his performance, he just didn't strike me as a guy with the gravitas or charisma to headline a series of films.

I'm interested to see how I react when I watch this again in 6 months to see if it was a case of being overhyped or if I generally just didn't think Black Panther was that great.

There were definitely some good to great parts but the over the top love didn't make sense while watching it last week. That soundtrack is the hotness tho...

Loved Annihilation.

It's not for everyone, but was a really moving experience for me. Had really great audio scoring/ mixing. There's one piece of sound in particular that I'll remember for a while. Would also recommend seeing it on a big screen if you do plan on checking it out.

Black Panther - B-

I really was hyped for this given all the talk. I just didn’t love it. The pacing was kind of slow. I didn’t really feel the BP himself was very charismatic (I liked MBJ’s character more) and the fight scenes were just ok.

I liked some marvels better (Ironman, Antman) ans some worse (Captain America 1, Thor) so I would put this right in the middle.

Loved Annihilation.

It's not for everyone, but was a really moving experience for me. Had really great audio scoring/ mixing. There's one piece of sound in particular that I'll remember for a while. Would also recommend seeing it on a big screen if you do plan on checking it out.

You are the first person whose movie watching opinion I respect to like it.

My friends absolutely hated it.

Haha, yeah I'm just a sucker for these types of films. It just worked for me. I'm not going to argue with someone who wasn't feeling it though. Especially if they read the book, because supposedly they're extremely far apart.

Why? I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to see it

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."