• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

"Koby, Dan is on line one ..."

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Don't know why they wouldn't, if that was the only hold-up to getting a deal done.

Assuming our floor w/ the BKN pick is 7th, we could have one of Bagley, MPJ, JJ, Bamba (Assuming Ayton & Doncic go 1-2 & Trae Young goes to either PHX or Orlando).

Grab Sexton w/ the 12th pick & Gilgeous-Alexander w/ the 17th pk

Sexton, Clarkson
Hood, Gilgeous-Alexander
Osman, Saric
MPJ/Bagley, Nance Jr
Zizic, Jackson Jr/Bamba

*Bold = BKN pk

That would be a nice young core. Once JR & TT come off the books in the next 2-years we could be a prime FA destination -

Giannis!?!?

Why pick two PGs? Shai is a PG. not a SG.

You take either Shai/Sexton and either Jontay Porter/Zhaire Smith

I believe Philly says no. Saric is on a cheap deal and shooting the 3 better than Love and fits their timeline. Isn't the same rebounder, but it's not worth the difference.

Last edited:
Nope. Not nearly enough of a return. Also think the LeBron to Philly thing is getting way, way, waaaaaaay too much hype.

Not enough return? A late lotto pick, early 20's pick, young big that can shoot and has proven himself at the NBA-level, and young wing with length and athleticism is a fantastic haul for Love. Frankly, I think Philly gives up too much in that deal, and I think THEY would be the ones to say no.

Shit, you could argue it's a better haul than they got for Kyrie.

Not enough return? A late lotto pick, early 20's pick, young big that can shoot and has proven himself at the NBA-level, and young wing with length and athleticism is a fantastic haul for Love. Frankly, I think Philly gives up too much in that deal, and I think THEY would be the ones to say no.

Shit, you could argue it's a better haul than they got for Kyrie.
Ok sweet czvo, then they can go out and get Love and LeBron in free agency instea... oh wait a minute!!!!

I’m not interested in building a dynasty in Philly. I’d rather not help them and just take less in return. It’s not like they can get both anyway

Ok sweet czvo, then they can go out and get Love and LeBron in free agency instea... oh wait a minute!!!!

I’m not interested in building a dynasty in Philly. I’d rather not help them and just take less in return. It’s not like they can get both anyway

But that.... doesn't make sense. If LeBron says, "I'm going to Philly," then you have no use for Love. If the 76ers come to you and say, "we'll give you ALL OF THIS for Love," you're going to say no because it'll make Philly really good for the next 2-3 years? Wherever LeBron goes, he'll give that team a window of 3, maybe 4 years max. The Cavs aren't competing in that window anyway. Why not get a bunch of young players that would have value, one of which has shown he's capable of contributing at a high level for a playoff team.

But that.... doesn't make sense. If LeBron says, "I'm going to Philly," then you have no use for Love. If the 76ers come to you and say, "we'll give you ALL OF THIS for Love," you're going to say no because it'll make Philly really good for the next 2-3 years? Wherever LeBron goes, he'll give that team a window of 3, maybe 4 years max. The Cavs aren't competing in that window anyway. Why not get a bunch of young players that would have value, one of which has shown he's capable of contributing at a high level for a playoff team.
Unless they give us more, I’m saying no.

They can get LeBron with cap, they can’t get Love. And they’re pretty much locking up their core at that point so getting Love is a HUGE deal to them because they won’t have cap space down the line to get more free agents

If they want it done they need to pay through the nose for it. Not the fucking12th and 20th pick. Need much more than that

Unless they give us more, I’m saying no.

They can get LeBron with cap, they can’t get Love. And they’re pretty much locking up their core at that point so getting Love is a HUGE deal to them because they won’t have cap space down the line to get more free agents

If they want it done they need to pay through the nose for it. Not the fucking12th and 20th pick. Need much more than that

It's not just the 12th and 20th pick in this hypothetical though. It's also Dario Saric (on a rookie deal through 2020), who's a 23-year old big man with a great shooting touch and the ability to play either PF or C (and has even played some SF alongside Simmons and Embiid), and Timothe Luwawu (on a rookie deal through 2020), a 22-year old 6-6 wing with long arms and a decent shooting stroke. That's a HAUL.

It's honestly more than the team got for Kyrie.

It's honestly more than the team got for Kyrie.
Why wouldn't it be? It's LeBron James and Kevin Love.

And yeah, LeBron could sign as a free agent, but you think he wants to do that and make less? LeBron's strong preference would be to do this through trade to maximize money.

Would 2 extra firsts in the future really keep them from adding Love and LeBron? I doubt it.

We hold all the leverage here. It's gonna be scorched earth here either way so Philly can take it or leave it

Why wouldn't it be? It's LeBron James and Kevin Love.

And yeah, LeBron could sign as a free agent, but you think he wants to do that and make less? LeBron's strong preference would be to do this through trade to maximize money.

Would 2 extra firsts in the future really keep them from adding Love and LeBron? I doubt it.

We hold all the leverage here. It's gonna be scorched earth here either way so Philly can take it or leave it

Oh, I see. You're wanting to get something back for LeBron.

I personally don't care about that. They can sign LeBron outright anyway. There is no leverage for the Cavs.

But if they were to offer ALL of that for Love? Yeah, I'm taking it.

Why pick two PGs? Shai is a PG. not a SG.
I believe Philly says no. Saric is on a cheap deal and shooting the 3 better than Love and fits their timeline. Isn't the same rebounder, but it's not worth the difference.

If Bron wants Love, then they won't have a choice will they? Bron has a history of bringing his guys with him. I think he'd prefer the chemistry he's built with Love the last 4 years, over Saric.

... getting Love is a HUGE deal to them because they won’t have cap space down the line to get more free agents...

They'll have more options than Love. PG opting in and S&T with OKC being one of them. They can shop Fultz too if they need to.

If Houston wins does Golden State look to shuffle things up? Does Klay become available? Fultz, Covington, & two 1sts for Klay?

I don't think Bron looks at Philly and thinks I'm the missing piece. I think Philly will have to add one more all-star to their core.

Oh, I see. You're wanting to get something back for LeBron.

I personally don't care about that. They can sign LeBron outright anyway. There is no leverage for the Cavs.

But if they were to offer ALL of that for Love? Yeah, I'm taking it.
Yeah I was assuming in this case that LeBron will do his typical prioritization of getting more money over the preservation of his new team’s assets as LeBron has shown he doesn’t really give a shit about a team’s assets and it’s pretty much the expectation that if he’s coming that team is going to be spending all their assets ASAP

I want Simmons in this scenario . With LeBron , Simmons role would be greatly diminished . I want Saric and the picks as well. Fuck Philly

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."