• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Browns Free Agent Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The insiders on RCF blow away the insiders the OBR. That said I appreciate both spaces. I did cancel my OBR subscription after subscribing for about a decade... wasn't worth it. The inside info was too abstract.

The insiders on RCF blow away the insiders the OBR. That said I appreciate both spaces. I did cancel my OBR subscription after subscribing for about a decade... wasn't worth it. The inside info was too abstract.

Not enough plane tracking going on over there?

We wouldn't be talking about Pryor if he didn't go to Ohio State. Let's keep it 100
We also wouldn't have people making the argument that Carlos Hyde is an immense improvement over Crowell...

Don't @ me.

We also wouldn't have people making the argument that Carlos Hyde is an immense improvement over Crowell...

Don't @ me.
I don't really disagree. He's played pretty well at times, but considering stats and durability, he's probably a marginal upgrade over Crow at best.

Reactions: Lee

Don't @ me.
He is an upgrade. Health has been his problem--and that terrible offensive line in San Francisco.

Hyde has solid vision and instincts. Crowell does not; he runs into the back of his own linemen on the regular.

Market-wise, probably similar value due to production, but Hyde is a significantly better "running back."

I don't really disagree. He's played pretty well at times, but considering stats and durability, he's probably a marginal upgrade over Crow at best.

We are drafting a rb in the first 2 rounds, just need a 3rd rb for depth. Most teams carry 3 rb's capable of legit minutes these days.

I am not sure if he is an upgrade, but Hyde as a 3rd back on a reasonable contract would be awesome.

Don't @ me.
I can only name those Buckeyes which are first or second round prospects every year

I. E. I care about the team insofar as much as they can help the Browns. I really am not a Buckeye fan. I do root for them because many of my friends and family do, but I have no personal attachment

That said besides the Browns I watched more 49ers game than any other team the last 2 years. I think Hyde is a massive upgrade to crowell. Crowells numbers aren’t bad, but you have to remember we spent more on offensive line than any team in the NFL. I think we have a better run blocking line than it looks like because Crowell’s vision is so bad. He left a lot of yards on the field

Hyde’s two biggest strengths are what compliments Duke so well. He is a north and south runner with very good vision. And he gets north and south in a hurry

This is a guy who isn’t going to dick around and look for a 12 yard gain by bouncing it to the outside and losing 5 but instead he’ll hit the crease in front of him and take the 4-6 yards the defense is giving him

He also was, by far, the best offensive weapon the 49ers were trotting out there. Defenses couldn’t key on anyone else even if they wanted to because last year the rest of the offense was just so devoid of talent

I think hyde would be a huge upgrade and put us out of a lot of the 2nd and 9-11 situations we were constantly in last year

Not enough plane tracking going on over there?

LOL - its funny to compare the two communities. RCF has always felt more coherent and enjoyable to me. Better insiders and better community. Then again... if the Cavaliers sucked for 19 years and the Browns had an NFL version of 'Bron... maybe it'd be flipped.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."