• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 Around the NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think Blatt would Love to work with Zizic, Cedi and a new rookie to groom, but I have zero belief he is going to just forget about all the turmoil, the media and the fact that they had tried to fire him 3 times before Lue decided to take over. Dan Gilbert is still in charge, and in the end he is the one responsible for the firing, no?

It's so tough to start a new chapter even with Lebron and Griffin gone...the media is still here, Gilbert is still here. After winning the Eurocup, he is going to have more enticing alternatives in my opinion. A chance to start with a clean slate.

I think even Cavalier fans need someone new because some of them were still left with a bad taste in their mouth from that tenure, whether it was justified or not, and I believe it was definitely not, but it doesn't matter. I believe however, that we need to overhaul the whole coaching staff basically, not just switch the head coach.

I believe he needs to move on for his own sake. It was not a healthy relationship.

All of that may be true but there's precedent. If DG and LeBron can be professional after that letter and if DG can bring back Mike Brown a second time.. I think there's professional capacity for DG to satisfy Blatt's concerns and bring him back. I'd expect the entire staff to be re-tooled as well.

All of that may be true but there's precedent. If DG and LeBron can be professional after that letter and if DG can bring back Mike Brown a second time.. I think there's professional capacity for DG to satisfy Blatt's concerns and bring him back. I'd expect the entire staff to be re-tooled as well.

Did Brown get any other coaching gigs offers at the time? sometimes coaches don't have alternatives. Look at the NBA landscape, teams are firing coaches left and right..He isn't some re-thread that is so desperate for a job, and teams are going to have plenty of vacant positions to fill, and he has momentum now similar to how it was in 2014-2015 after winning the Euroleague.

Biggest issue with Blatt coming back in my opinion is the media. A rebuilding team wouldn't be a winning team straight away and they really shouldn't be anyway, it takes time and every party involved needs to show patience...FO, Media, fans. Media would try to get to him on a day to day basis, and that's not going to work over the long haul.

Brett Brown is the exception to the rule for a rebuilding team. They stuck with him for so long, even after the process was done...even if Blatt managed to stick with the rebuild, would he be there to reap the benefits and would it be worth the headache? probably not.

Teams get tired of their coach after years...even GSW have trouble in paradise, and Blatt already has some baggage to carry.

Of all the laughably absurd scenarios dreamed up on this board, bringing Blatt back may take the cake.

Biggest issue with Blatt coming back in my opinion is the media. A rebuilding team wouldn't be a winning team straight away and they really shouldn't be anyway, it takes time and every party involved needs to show patience...FO, Media, fans. Media would try to get to him on a day to day basis, and that's not going to work over the long haul.

I enjoyed Blatt's interaction with the media. It was funny. Not sure if he did though.

Of all the laughably absurd scenarios dreamed up on this board, bringing Blatt back may take the cake.

You wouldn't re-consider it or you don't think it's realistic? If the former, why not? If the latter, fine.

You wouldn't re-consider it or you don't think it's realistic? If the former, why not? If the latter, fine.

I wouldn't consider it, nor do I think it's realistic

If Blatt wanted to come back to coach in Cleveland I'd be convinced that he's out of his mind...

...which would make him a prototypical candidate for the position!

I wouldn’t mind Blatt with a non LBJ crew tho I’d prefer a Mark Jackson coached team... Laying a defensive foundation all the while offending the media and his players.

tho I’d prefer a Mark Jackson coached team... Laying a defensive foundation all the while offending the media and his players.

Wait until you see Jon Gruden's coaching this season.

The Knicks have decided to bring Blatt in for an interview according to ESPN.

"Knicks president Steve Mills -- a former teammate of Blatt's at Princeton -- and general manager Scott Perry are conducting the search, which will include interviews with candidates beyond Fizdale, Jackson, Stackhouse, Blatt and Woodson, league sources said."

If Blatt wanted to come back to coach in Cleveland I'd be convinced that he's out of his mind...

...which would make him a prototypical candidate for the position!
Bill Musselman 1.0
Bill Musselman 2.0
Mike Brown 1.0
Mike Brown 2.0
David Blatt 1.0
David Blatt 2.0?????

So, it looks like Paul George is about to confirm he is leaving OKC.

Good job Russ, now you can do what you want, until the end of time.

So, it looks like Paul George is about to confirm he is leaving OKC.

Good job Russ, now you can do what you want, until the end of time.
Paul George is just a guy...

Everybody kisses his ass and it’s not like Paul George has ever done or won a damn thing...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."