• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anyone else watching the spring game?

Anyone else watching the spring game?

I watched it. Burrow has stepped up and I think it's a dead heat between Haskins and him. Tate Martell needs to work on his passing but he looks like the most electric runner by a huge margin of the bunch.

McCall looks real good at h-back. He is the type of player that needs to be playing h-back. He is a threat to take carries or run routes. Both KJ Hill and Parris Campbell are too much of a receiver for the position. I think KJ Hill can shed the h-back label and just be a wide receiver for this team. Victor seems to be more than a red zone target now, he seems to have worked on his route running and catching on the move.

The RBs look stacked. Antonio Williams and the true freshman looked real good with the carries they got. They will have alot of usable depth at the position.

Anybody go to the spring game? Got absolutely pissed on.

Tate Martell is electric. God damn.

Somebody is going to get a really good QB if/when Burrow transfers.

I thought it was odd that Haskins was always around the rest of the offense during breaks while Burrow was kind of isolated from his teammates for most of the game and spent more time chatting with the refs and JT on the sideline. It was probably nothing....or was it?

Good for him, honestly.

Dude can play. And if we weren't one of the lucky handful of schools that brings in top QB's every single year, the majority of Buckeye fans would be ecstatic w/Burrow being our starter.

Hope he stays out of the B1G.

Good for him, honestly.

Dude can play. And if we weren't one of the lucky handful of schools that brings in top QB's every single year, the majority of Buckeye fans would be ecstatic w/Burrow being our starter.

Hope he stays out of the B1G.

Early front runner is UF....Dan Mullen connection to Meyer and their QB situation is not very good.

The ironic thing about him transferring to UF is Emory Jones balked at Columbus bc of our QB depth. Now it’s probably traveling to him.

Heard Cinci & LSU have been given rights to talk.

LSU has been awful for QB's....I have no idea why he'd go there with so many other great options on the table.

Because LSU has been awful for recruiting QBs.

I wouldn't agree with that necessarily. They've gotten some highly rated guys, they just can't develop them. I really hope Joey avoids Baton Rouge.....I hate UF, but at least he'd be in Mullens system, and I think Burrow has some similar traits to Nick Fitzgerald who has been pretty good.

UCLA would be amazing for obvious reasons. It's unfortunate they already made a big push and landed Wilton Speight. I'm not sure I see Kelly bringing in two grad-tansfer QB's unless there's a way for him to find a landing spot for Speight.

USC (Southern Cal) could use an experienced QB.

TCU would be a great fit. Their current projected starter is a career 6 of 17 and not highly regarded.

FAU under Lane Kiffin would be an amazing fit. They'd light up the scoreboard, and he'd be in an offensively friendly system. De'Andre Johnson is likely starter at moment, but missed almost all of last year with blood clots in arm. Chris Robinson transferred to FAU to compete, but I think Burrow would be head and shoulders above those guys.

Washington State....after unfortunate situation of their starting QB for 2018, Mike Leach is looking. Burrow would be fun in that system. RIP Tyler Hilinski.

Texas TECH....Another QB friendly offense with limited talent at QB. Wide open race. He'd come in and start day 1.

Even Arkansas would be a much better fit....go play for Chad Morris, who has limited talent at QB right now.

Oklahoma State under Mike Gundy. Obviously Rudolph has left, and their next guy is likely Dru Brown, a former transfer from Hawaii. But it's an open battle with a walk-on QB. They aren't set at the position at all.

Memphis needs to replace Tyler Ferguson. Another QB friendly offense that puts get talent around their QB relative to their competition in conference. They don'y have a guy highly regarded stepping into that role next year.

I don't like the Cincy or Ohio University choices. The Bobcats actually have a good QB in Nathan Rourke who would compete for the job. And honestly, I wouldn't trust my career in Luke Fickell's hands.

I could probably list 3 or 4 more options better than LSU.......I just think that'd be a really bad choice. Honestly, I'd advise him to stay at tOSU and develop under Day, than transfer to LSU. And I fully support his transfer decision.....just don't go to a team coached by Ed Orgeron and a conference where if you're not 100% dialed in, you look silly.

Last edited:
Cavs suck, Indians suck, Browns suck...too bad OSU is just gonna go to the Citrus Bowl every year.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."